What's new

Japan-Bangladesh partnership yielding new Indo-Pacific doctrine to counter China

What crap can your country produce ? China needs no advice from you Japan licking on how to conduct. You know how big mouth bragging and hubris you slum BDs are on the forum ?

Oi hold on a second.... you do realise you are speaking to a false flagging indian....

Keep this strictly china vs india...

BDs do not care about SCS or china/US...issues...

We simply want to develop economically and keep out of others conflict.

Fight in China? lol What conflict between China and Bangladesh?

Because China does not hit Myanmar's ***? Why don't Bangladesh and Japan confront Myanmar?

Ridiculous clown

There is no conflict between China and BD and none is foreseeable. There may be some differing positions and each country will act in their own interest that may not align with each other such as rohingya.

But on the whole BD and China has no point of direct conflict and it makes sense for each to work with to other to counter a fascist india.

You people are speaking to an indian not a BD.

Last edited:
Perhaps that's the reason Bangladesh is leaning towards USA! I hear that USA and India no longer share common interest , and USA is really looking at Bangladesh without Indian lense!

US want to use India to counter China, but Pakistan is there.
US want to use Japan to counter China, but N. Korea is there.

If US try to use Bangladesh to counter China, highly chances Maynamar will be like N.Korea or Pakistan.

It will be good for BD, if BD not become proxy of US or India.
It is very hard for small nations, not take sides to any one.

India is getting too much weapons from US but unable to handle Pak, or China.

If US try to use Bangladesh to counter China, highly chances Maynamar will be like N.Korea or Pakistan.
You didn't get my point ! Actually I wanted to say that USA wants a base in the bay of Bengal region!

India will never let USA use her ( Indian ) land, because India has wet dream to become a super power!

Myanmar isn't going to set USA a base, because it's necessarily an extension of China!

Now only Bangladesh can let USA use her port and let USA set a naval base!

So that USA can control this bay of Bengal!

China already is in the bay of Bengal using srilankan port!

Perhaps that's the reason USA desperately wants a base in this area!

Excuse can be rohingya issue aka humanity issue!

Also can USA work for democracy in Myanmar ( read capturing arakan) using Bangladeshi land , if a dictator ( Hasina) is ruling Bangladesh?

No right? Because it will cause USA lose it's credibility!

So USA will force Bangladesh for a free , fair and participatory election!

But the process is dragging us into a war /proxy war, which i think isn't good for Bangladesh!

But in today's reality, a country really can't play neutral!

Because new cold war era has already started!

What you said are party correct ( about Myanmar and maybe Pakistan) , and that's the reason USA want Bangladesh for her naval base!

Last edited:
Bangla I'll afford to fight china for far Japan because with Chinese they have more land based connection and regional benefits which Japan dont
Japan isn't a single entity, but it's a part of big coalition! Japan and Australia directly play as USA in their region!

So basically Japan isn't issue here, but USA is!

This is no longer any regional issue, rather it's international power game!

You didn't get my point ! Actually I wanted to say that USA wants a base in the bay of Bengal region!

India will never let USA use her ( Indian ) land, because India has wet dream to become a super power!

Myanmar isn't going to let USA a base, because it's necessarily an extension of China!

Also can USA work for democracy in Myanmar ( read capturing arakan) using Bangladeshi land , if a dictator ( Hasina) is ruling Bangladesh?

But the process is dragging us into a war /proxy war, which i think isn't good for Bangladesh!

What you said are party correct ( about Myanmar and maybe Pakistan) , and that's the reason USA want Bangladesh for her naval base!

I think the question of a foreign base would depend on how India steers its policy towards the region. India's economic growth has declined under Modi but he's still quite popular among the voters. That means Indian voters have stopped acting rational and that would also reflect on their foreign policy. To counter an increasingly aggressive India, we may have to seriously think about allowing a foreign base in exchange for a security guarantee. The question of choice between US and China would depend on who's interests would align with us more.

The other and more difficult approach would be to develop our own capabilities but that would require buying adequate time. IMO, last 10 years were crucial and we have lost the opportunity, still no news about the MRCA or the frigate program.

Myanmar isn't going to let USA a base, because it's necessarily an extension of China!

US has hundreds if not thousands military bases around world, it doesn't matter for US or other countries if US has one more, China never intends to become a military superpower and world police, it doesn't interest China to have a base overseas, even China does, it will be easily overwhelmed by hundreds of US bases around it, world military domination is neither China's ambition nor viable in practice.

To counter an increasingly aggressive India, we may have to seriously think about allowing a foreign base in exchange for a security guarantee. The question of choice between US and China would depend on who's interests would align with us more.
No disagreement! China proved to be useless to counter Indian agression , as it still visibly maintain lower profile!

So being a Chinese ally won't secure us from Indian agression!

However if we allow USA base here , there must be a clear agreement that they will never see us in Indian lens , never ever!

Only then we can allow them a base, otherwise it might backfire in future, and I'm afraid we can't afford it ( if USA betray in future)!
The other and more difficult approach would be to develop our own capabilities but that would require buying adequate time. IMO, last 10 years were crucial and we have lost the opportunity, still no news about the MRCA or the frigate program.
@Species , There is no alternative to it brother! We have to develop our own capabilities and USA must help us doing so! Last 10 years the government made us ( who prefer the security of Bangladesh unlike the party loyalists) upset for sure!

Last edited:
US has hundreds if not thousands military bases around world, it doesn't matter for US or other countries if US has one more, China never intends to become a military superpower and world police, it doesn't interest China to have a base overseas, even China does, it will be easily overwhelmed by hundreds of US bases around it, world military domination is neither China's ambition nor viable in practice.
Only way to block Chinese trade route is a USA base in the bay of Bengal , and not other bases! South China sea is a huge area and it's not possible to block this area by USA allies!

Only way to take China down on her knees is to block the trade through Malacca strait!

Carefully read the map of this area!

However it won't be an easy task for USA no doubt!

As I hear that now India and China share common interests ( which visibly look impossible for some people) , hence if even USA has a base in the bay of Bengal, China can use Andaman and Nicobar Island to count USA!

I believe your authority knows everything much better than we ( me & you ) do!

That's why they are quite disturbed by the alliance and once directly threatened Bangladesh not to join quad!

However I also don't want Bangladesh join quad , rather I always preferred Chinese side!

But if it cost us sovereignty ( as if China isn't ready to counter Indian agression for us) , then we have no other choice but to join USA side!

I dislike USA block , but in order to remain sovereign from Hindutva India ( not nominal sovereignty, but true sovereignty) I even can make alliance with Satan himself , so making alliance with USA/western block isn't big issue , if it can protect our sovereignty from immediate threat Hindutva India!

Last edited:
No disagreement! China proved to be useless to counter Indian agression , as it still visibly maintain lower profile!

So being a Chinese ally won't secure us from Indian agression!
You can partner with Japan to fight India, China only cares about doing business.

微信图片_20230508172229.png

微信图片_20230508173037.png

Last edited:
If they need to settle scores in a cold war with China they will use economic pressure to force Bangladesh to take sides. right now it is no contest
BD has already switched sides. It is now a pro-QUAD country nominally led by Japan on behalf of Uncle Sam.

I believe the Cold War to continue for many years, but there is less chance of a hot war in our region because of Dhaka's decision.

BD policy has not changed overnight. Note that the Matarbari Port, Dhaka Metrorail, and many others are being done with Japanese money and technology for the last few years.

Moreover, BD's relationship with Japan goes back to the days of the Tokyo War Tribunal after the 2nd WW. The deceased Japanese Emperor Hirohito of that time said after this trial, "If Japan can feed its own people, it can also feed the people of Bengal".

It was undivided Bengal then.

Last edited:
You are right about what you said that China needs no base in foreign countries. But, Bangladesh- Burma region is different. Both countries connect to the Bay of Bengal.

A port in Burma is capable to connect Kunming with the BoB via Burma which creates another Sea route along with the Malacca Strait connecting Shanghai in the east.

America wants to deny China this Kunming-BoB land route. And all this American love affair with BD is centered on this. Now, without another route, China can be choked or drowned in the Malacca water. Is American thinking right?

Another point. China should have discouraged Burma from expelling Rohingya from Arakan. This mistake alarmed America that China wants to use Sittwe/ Arakan Sea Port in the BoB. It is unacceptable to America.

And I think China should also know its limit. Perhaps, China failed at it in the BoB. It has failed also in the South China Sea. It declared the whole Sea belongs to it.

That's the reason we are embracing USA!
Good for both of you, we are all for good relations with everyone

The former Japanese Emperor Hirohito said after this trial, "If Japan can feed its own people, it can also feed the people of Bengal".
lOl, hopefully they would put the money where there mouth is. their investment in BD is much smaller than Hong kong's

That's the reason we are embracing USA!
Good, we want to see good relations with everyone, that's good for business.

You are right about what you said that China needs no base in foreign countries. But, Bangladesh- Burma region is different. Both countries connect to the Bay of Bengal.

A port in Burma is capable to connect Kunming with the BoB via Burma which creates another Sea route along with the Malacca Strait connecting Shanghai in the east.

America wants to deny China this Kunming-BoB land route. And all this American love affair with BD is centered on this. Now, without another route, China can be choked or drowned in the Malacca water. Is American thinking right?

Another point. China should have discouraged Burma from expelling Rohingya from Arakan. This mistake alarmed America that China wants to use Sittwe/ Arakan Sea Port in the BoB. It is unacceptable to America.

And I think China should also know its limit. Perhaps, China failed at it in the BoB. It has failed also in the South China Sea. It declared the whole Sea belongs to it.
If US can choke China it would have done it long time ago, it is now highly dependent on China's supply chain, choke China will kill US itself first, we see record trade bwt China and US year on year , US war cry is only for their domestic consumption, Apple, Tesla... are still pouring billions in China.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom