What's new

Japan, Turkey agree to start security dialogue next month

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Dec. 29 06:05 am JST 8 Comments

ANKARA
Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono and Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu agreed Thursday to hold the first round of a bilateral security dialogue late next month.

The director-level meeting will allow the two countries to exchange views on Middle Eastern and East Asian security issues.

The ministers met amid increased tensions in the Middle East following U.S. President Donald Trump's controversial decision earlier this month to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

At a joint press appearance after their meeting in Ankara, Kono said he and Cavusoglu "had a fulfilling exchange of views about Middle Eastern issues including the state of peace in the Middle East following the U.S. announcement on Jerusalem and the Syrian issue."

Cavusoglu said Turkey wants to cooperate further with Japan on regional issues including Syria.

Kono also held talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, agreeing to move ahead with the expansion of bilateral trade and investment.

Erdogan has suggested Turkey might cut off diplomatic relations with Israel over the U.S. decision.

Turkey is the last destination in Kono's six-day tour of the Middle East, during which he met Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian and Omani leaders.

This sounds like an important step, but I cant imagine wha kind of a role Japan could play in syria

Dec. 29 06:05 am JST 8 Comments

ANKARA
Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Kono and Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu agreed Thursday to hold the first round of a bilateral security dialogue late next month.

The director-level meeting will allow the two countries to exchange views on Middle Eastern and East Asian security issues.

The ministers met amid increased tensions in the Middle East following U.S. President Donald Trump's controversial decision earlier this month to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

At a joint press appearance after their meeting in Ankara, Kono said he and Cavusoglu "had a fulfilling exchange of views about Middle Eastern issues including the state of peace in the Middle East following the U.S. announcement on Jerusalem and the Syrian issue."

Cavusoglu said Turkey wants to cooperate further with Japan on regional issues including Syria.

Kono also held talks with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, agreeing to move ahead with the expansion of bilateral trade and investment.

Erdogan has suggested Turkey might cut off diplomatic relations with Israel over the U.S. decision.

Turkey is the last destination in Kono's six-day tour of the Middle East, during which he met Israeli, Palestinian, Jordanian and Omani leaders.

This sounds like an important step, but I cant imagine wha kind of a role Japan could play in syria

Japan has no role in Syria except backing Turkey in UN and vice versa about Korean and Chinese issues.

Naughty boys think they grown up and were somebody

Lol I wouldn't say that to a 25x smaller country which invaded and enslaved my country...

We have dominated EA for thousands years,it is their opportunity to gain something in the small section of 50 years,but they only got two nuclear bombs miserably, the only country Are lucky to taste it in the world history

Another country were miserably divided into many pieces, now grouped with the Lucky one jumping up and down like turkeys
Funny,two losers together, still losers

Last edited:
We have enslaved it for thousands years,it is their opportunity to gain something in the small section of 50 years,but they only got two nuclear bombs miserably, the only country Are lucky to taste it in the world history

Another country miserably divided into many pieces, now grouped with the Lucky one jumping up and down like turkeys

Japan always had more balls than China, keep that in mind. The only way to stop them was nuking them, covardly... Still they captured half of your huge lands one hand in the pocket and it was 1 vs 1... On the other hand they tried to divide us into pieces at 1 vs 7 fight and guess what ? Their bodies lie underground unnamed... You are good to find excuses to your miserable history but it will not change the bitter truth. :coffee:

We have enslaved it for thousands years,it is their opportunity to gain something in the small section of 50 years,but they only got two nuclear bombs miserably, the only country Are lucky to taste it in the world history

Another country miserably divided into many pieces, now grouped with the Lucky one jumping up and down like turkeys

Why are you so butthurt my Chinese friend, if you have a quarrel with the Japanese go cry somewhere else.

Your comment has no relevance to the thread.

Japan always had more balls than China, keep that in mind. The only way to stop them was nuking them, covardly... Still they captured half of your huge lands one hand in the pocket and it was 1 vs 1... On the other hand they tried to divide us into pieces at 1 vs 7 fight and guess what ? Their bodies lie underground unnamed... You are good to find excuses to your miserable history but it will not change the bitter truth. :coffee:

Why even feed the troll? o_O

Why are you so butthurt my Chinese friend, if you have a quarrel with the Japanese go cry somewhere else.

Your comment has no relevance to the thread.

Why even feed the troll? o_O

Yes I know he is but feeling like beating him with some bitter truths...

Losers failed two world war, now just keep a small piece, feel good by itself
Called west asia patients by Europe , now tried to join Europe, hilarious

Time to provide some redundant weapons to the brave Kurds

Lol, or Uyghurs

Good for Turkey. Perhaps Turkey and Japan can cooperate on avionics for the TFX or some sort of collaboration for the subsystems of their respective 5th generation fighter designs.

... The only way to stop them was nuking them...

That is great example of successful propaganda in one hand, on the other hand it is how to successfully victimize yourselves.

Quick history lesson;

- In the surveys conducted in 1940-1950s, Soviet Union seen as main force to end Nazi Germany (over 70% was thinking this way) and US is seen as main force by about 20%. While in surveys conducted in 2000s, US seen as main force by about 70%.

- in the days leading to Japan's surrender (in the months of July and August) Japanese governmental archives shows word Hiroshima is used only once in cabinet meetings. And it used as another city destroyed by US bombing. Word Nagasaki is never mentioned in any of cabinet meetings in these months. Curiously, Main and only subject discussed by Government is Soviet in invasion of Manchuria and unstoppable invasion of Japan by Soviets.

Japanese officials are very smart. By dramatising Hiroshima and Nagasaki, They are victimizing themselves and making everybody forget crimes they committed in China. And China's attitude is helping them. Chinese are saying things like "you deserve those nukes" even in UN general Assembly. China is marginalizing itself by doing this.

Nobody listens whiner. And it seems to me, Chinese love being whiner.

That is great example of successful propaganda in one hand, on the other hand it is how to successfully victimize yourselves.

Quick history lesson;

- In the surveys conducted in 1940-1950s, Soviet Union seen as main force to end Nazi Germany (over 70% was thinking this way) and US is seen as main force by about 20%. While in surveys conducted in 2000s, US seen as main force by about 70%.

- in the days leading to Japan's surrender (in the months of July and August) Japanese governmental archives shows word Hiroshima is used only once in cabinet meetings. And it used as another city destroyed by US bombing. Word Nagasaki is never mentioned in any of cabinet meetings in these months. Curiously, Main and only subject discussed by Government is Soviet in invasion of Manchuria and unstoppable invasion of Japan by Soviets.

Japanese officials are very smart. By dramatising Hiroshima and Nagasaki, They are victimizing themselves and making everybody forget crimes they committed in China. And China's attitude is helping them. Chinese are saying things like "you deserve those nukes" even in UN general Assembly. China is marginalizing itself by doing this.

Nobody listens whiner. And it seems to me, Chinese love being whiner.

A tip; some people understand you when you only speak to them at their level. Thanks for the lesson but keep it to yourself. Nippon Forever!

A tip; some people understand you when you only speak to them at their level. Thanks for the lesson but keep it to yourself. Nippon Forever!
I boiled it down for you, it seems I wasn't clear enough, my mistake, not gonna try again. Definitely not worth trying to talk a wall.

If we were able to close peace with Russia after WW1 and WW2, you should be able too.

Please, loser

I understand your hate on Japanese, but let the history be history.

No offense, but damm1 t is right, you Chinese can’t really fight.

Losers failed two world war, now just keep a small piece, feel good by itself
Called west asia patients by Europe , now tried to join Europe, hilarious

Time to provide some redundant weapons to the brave Kurds

I think Kurds would be afraid to use Chinese (cheap quality) weapons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom