What's new

Japanese swimmer caught STEALING camera from Journalist , removed from Asian Games

A Japanese would be the last person you would think would be caught stealing.

:o:

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this news. Japanese are the last people I would imagine will steal someone else's stuff, that too a sportsman /champion. This is indeed veryyyy strange. It's not like he's poor. Lol
Maybe it ws to poke the south Koreans or something , since I know how much south Korea and Japan view each other (hostile ), plus they are neck in neck fighting for the second spot on medal tables. So there might be many reasons /issues we don't know. Have to wait for the full investigation to run its course before we judge anyone.

We shouldn't generalize on people from a single country.

True that.

I once saw a program where the presenter mentioned that he left his wallet in a bar and it was still in its original place when he went back many hours later. He said that this is the norm in Japan.

Also there was not even one reported instance of looting after the 2011 Tsunami.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw this news. Japanese are the last people I would imagine will steal someone else's stuff, that too a sportsman /champion. This is indeed veryyyy strange. It's not like he's poor. Lol
Maybe it ws to poke the south Koreans or something , since I know how much south Korea and Japan view each other (hostile ), plus they are neck in neck fighting for the second spot on medal tables. So there might be many reasons /issues we don't know. Have to wait for the full investigation to run its course before we judge anyone.

He does not represent all Japanese.

We shouldn't generalize on people from a single country.

Thanks @ChineseTiger1986 , very fair post.

what a disgusting act by a japanese athlete, this makes me sad

True that.

I once saw a program where the presenter mentioned that he left his wallet in a bar and it was still in its original place when he went back many hours later. He said that this is the norm in Japan.

Also there was not even one reported instance of looting after the 2011 Tsunami.

But after the 2011 tsunami, TEPCO recruits the poor, unemployed and homeless to do dangerous cleanup for minimum wage and 25% of tsunami rebuilding funds were diverted, including to controversial projects such as whale hunting.

Special Report: Japan's homeless recruited for murky Fukushima clean-up| Reuters

Misuse of disaster ‘reconstruction’ money runs rampant Expert finds 25% going toward projects that won’t benefit Tohoku, japan times, 10/26/12 | recovering tohoku

Japan Misspent Tsunami Rebuilding Money : Discovery News

Back
Top Bottom