What's new

Japan's Shibuya district saying no to Halloween

Finally some pushback against this shit.
1698747137889.png

Japan introduced this to Asia, and they might be the first one to cut it out.

Halloween is consumerist American brainwashing culture, the americans don't celebrate asian festivals, why the heck do we celeberate their?

true that, i respect asian cultures and values, those should be preserved but for japan it is to late, they are dying off as nation, there will not be people in couple decades to cherrish their ancestors pathways and legacies.
That's for the japanese to care off.
I predict the moment they got rid of the american occupying force, they will start breeding like rabbits again.

You can't grow when you are an occupied country.

Finally some pushback against this shit.
View attachment 966869
Japan introduced this to Asia, and they might be the first one to cut it out.

Halloween is consumerist American brainwashing culture, the americans don't celebrate asian festivals, why the heck do we celeberate their?

Live video from Shibuya district, and I’m seeing PLENTY of Japanese dressed out for Halloween.

Live video from Shibuya district, and I’m seeing PLENTY of Japanese dressed out for Halloween.

Ohhh well well well what an interesting turn of events

Watching it right now, it seems it's a bunch of people while the majority remain in casual clothes.
The populace is learning.

Halloween is just a consumerist event like so many others, meant to prop up sales in a string of months at the end of the year.

Watching it right now, it seems it's a bunch of people while the majority remain in casual clothes.
The populace is learning.

Oh come on now you can't move the goal posts.

You said they're not celebrating there when it clearly is. It has not been outlawed.

Halloween is just a consumerist event like so many others, meant to prop up sales in a string of months at the end of the year.
If it's just consumerist, then at least it should be OK (i.e. Christmas or Valetine day).
Halloween just encourages youths to go drinking and mess things up, it's not in the asian spirit at all.

Oh come on now you can't move the goal posts.

You said they're not celebrating there when it clearly is. It has not been outlawed.
I have never said Japan banned Halloween.
I said that Shibuya district of Japan said no to Halloween activities.

People can dress up, but they cannot form a mob and go torch things (they actually did this in Shibuya some years ao).

If it's just consumerist, then at least it should be OK (i.e. Christmas or Valetine day).
Halloween just encourages youths to go drinking and mess things up, it's not in the asian spirit at all.

I have never said Japan banned Halloween.
I said that Shibuya district of Japan said no to Halloween activities.

People can dress up, but they cannot form a mob and go torch things (they actually did this in Shibuya some years ao).

Well of course people shouldn't form mobs and torch things.

I have faith in Mighty Japan

Okay and how many times has that happened?
I remember the 2018 one and that's more than enough.
1698751371773.png

Festival should be about people doing something together, and not people forming mob to cause troubles.

I remember the 2018 one and that's more than enough.
View attachment 966881

Festival should be about people doing something together, and not people forming mob to cause troubles.

People should be dancing, learning jiu jitsu and having good food

Costumes are of course optional

The actions of some shouldn't be held against the rest of the populace

People should be dancing, learning jiu jitsu and having good food

Costumes are of course optional

The actions of some shouldn't be held against the rest of the populace
It's actually affecting the rest of the populace if there's no strong firm hand saying no to it.

It's actually affecting the rest of the populace if there's no strong firm hand saying no to it.

Well if it's not banned in that area where you said it was to begin with, they're obviously not too worried

I wouldn't stress yourself over it. You have no control over it just like I don't

Well if it's not banned in that area where you said it was to begin with, they're obviously not too worried

I wouldn't stress yourself over it. You have no control over it just like I don't
It's banned in that area, you can dress up but you cannot gather too long to form a mob and the popular areas like the Hachiko statue is sealed off.

And I'm glad it happens, things are a changing, American culture isn't expected to be just accepted anymore.

Back
Top Bottom