What's new

Jemima Khan reveals she wishes she'd had an arranged marriage

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

'Maybe it would have done me some favours': Jemima Khan, who wedded cricketer turned politician Imran Khan at the age of just 21, reveals she wishes she'd had an arranged marriage​

• Jemima Khan, 49, said arranged marriage might have done her 'some favours'
  • She was searching for 'moral certainty' when marrying Imran Khan at just 21
Jemima Khan has revealed how she wishes she’d had an arranged marriage like the one at the heart of her new romcom film.

The screenwriter, 49, said she believed she was searching for a ‘moral certainty’ when she married cricket-hero turned politician Imran Khan at just 21.

Her latest film, What’s Love Got To Do With It?, was inspired by her time in Pakistan during her nine-year marriage to Khan and centres around the parallel worlds of modern dating and arranged marriages.
In a revealing interview in The Mail on Sunday’s You magazine, she said: ‘Part of me thinks that if my parents had been sane and functional and able to agree, maybe it would have done me some favours to have had an arranged marriage.’

The screenwriter, 49, said she believed she was searching for a ‘moral certainty’ when she married cricket-hero turned politician Imran Khan at just 21

Her father, the late Sir James Goldsmith, coined the infamous phrase, ‘When a man marries his mistress, he creates a vacancy.’

Jemima was born following an affair he had with her mother, Lady Annabel Vane-Tempest-Stewart, while both were still married to others. Their union ended when he ran away with another woman.

Despite their divorce, Jemima is still close to Khan. She and their two boys were left shaken by an assassination attempt on the former Pakistan prime minister last year.

While her new film – starring Shazad Latif, Lily James and Emma Thompson – is about marriage, it is not something on the cards for Jemima.

‘I am not against it,’ she said. However, she describes it as ‘high investment, low yield’ . . . ‘Which I think is self-explanatory,’ she added.
On 3 November last year, Jemima Khan was at home in Fulham when she picked up a call from a friend. There was news, the friend said, of an assassination attempt on Jemima’s ex-husband, Imran Khan – until April, the prime minister of Pakistan. Jemima’s first thought was for their two sons, Suleiman, 26, and Kasim, 23, and for Imran’s daughter, Tyrian, 30 – by his late girlfriend, Sita White – who lives with her when she is not in Los Angeles.
(more on this follow the link below)

Last edited:
‘high investment, low yield’ - Strange message to send on Valentines Day. I am reminded of "Hypocrisy is the compliment vice pays to virtue".

Nawaz Sharif can also claim to be a grandfather of an out of wedlock child...Immy is not the only playa in town...

You know what, Bajwa could have fixed everything if he made more videos of naked women and men #hero

Man PMA producing absolute gentlemen.

She made a Pakistani movie ?

Let me check the google .

Looks good . As it’s the girls day I’ll watch this later with my woman

Nice one fools nightmare movie looks quality 👍🏽

Can her revelations on Tyrian in the daily mail effect Imrans' case in Pakistan.
Fo7sQ7UaEAQpD5H

Are you jealous of her, I bet if you had married her you wouldn't have even bothered to be a minion of corrupt sharif dynasty family lol.

Back
Top Bottom