What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

PAFFalcons-November2011-large.jpg

PAF Aerobatic team "Sherdils" performaing in Zhuhai Air Show 2010.

Hi,

It takes a while to integrate a new fighter aircraft into the system---and paf has been going at a lightening pace persay in integrating this aircraft. I am pretty sure that they will stay with this engine or a more refined russian version of this engine for a while---rd 93 is seasoned---paf technicians will be getting well versed with it in the next 3--5 years time period---.

Now the question arises----when you just begun to know the engine well enough---when your ground crew can work on it with confidence and is just learning the ins and outs of this engine---why would you go for a newer and unproven system---that would not seem to be a very millitary like decision.

I think that the talk of the new engine is just to keep the opposition unsettled for a while---. This new engine is going to be for a new product.

Hi,

It takes a while to integrate a new fighter aircraft into the system---and paf has been going at a lightening pace persay in integrating this aircraft. I am pretty sure that they will stay with this engine or a more refined russian version of this engine for a while---rd 93 is seasoned---paf technicians will be getting well versed with it in the next 3--5 years time period---.

Now the question arises----when you just begun to know the engine well enough---when your ground crew can work on it with confidence and is just learning the ins and outs of this engine---why would you go for a newer and unproven system---that would not seem to be a very millitary like decision.

I think that the talk of the new engine is just to keep the opposition unsettled for a while---. This new engine is going to be for a new product.

Even if PAF chooses the new engine i think that engine will be for next blocks i.e after 100 aircrafts
For me first 100 aircraft will stick with Rd-93 ,i think that will be the idea

my 2 cents

Hi,

Agreed indeed, PAF is likely to stick with RD-93 for a while as JFT with WS-13 has just flown recently and IMHO has to do more with exports to traditional Russian Clients. Since Russia has a secured contract with China for 100~150 odd RD-93 so at least 80% of these (or about 100 odd) are certainly going into PAF which seems satisfied with the performance so far. the urgency to put WS-13 is that China will be able to compete with Russia in the market of their traditional clients. Since soon the market will be shifting to 4th Gen Platforms so it is an urgency to offer a product which is free from foreign components. But eventually PAF would turn to WS-13 since it aims to produce 100% of the JFT in Pakistan (which includes engine too)

Rcently it is revealted that Rd-93 thrust is 94KN.

from a klimov poster in zhuhai airshow

people say it performed well at Zuhai, is there any HUD video available, does PAF ever release (on you tube you will find various USAF HUD videos).

the reason is that how do i know if it is performing well, HUD video will give some idea of tight turns and Gs it can pull etc.

people say it performed well at Zuhai, is there any HUD video available, does PAF ever release (on you tube you will find various USAF HUD videos).

the reason is that how do i know if it is performing well, HUD video will give some idea of tight turns and Gs it can pull etc.

Nothing by the PAF..and it is rare for the PAF to release such stuff.

No ,dude we are not angry for that.but we have hard feelings for what France did to us on jf-17 deal ,for the reason they always run for money without caring about relationship with old customers,that is one of the reason they are facing cancellation of deals lately

French are charging IAF $30+million for M2k up gradation(after intense negotiations), PAF too about to get the same package(same radar+MICA weapons) for JFT.

If you would have won with French deal, your fighter price might have $50 million plus.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom