What's new

JF-17 at Zuhai Air Show 2010

French are charging IAF $30+million for M2k up gradation(after intense negotiations), PAF too about to get the same package(same radar+MICA weapons) for JFT.

If you would have won with French deal, your fighter price might have $50 million plus.

last i heard, we were going e the chinese package

I read in an interview that the Chinese equipment was as good as what was offered by France. The price, TOT and time to test made the big difference.

Besides that it could be improved faster cause the equipment was plug and play and we could just add an aesa radar, better and faster processors etc. There is no way we could do that with any foreign equipment.

French are charging IAF $30+million for M2k up gradation(after intense negotiations), PAF too about to get the same package(same radar+MICA weapons) for JFT.

If you would have won with French deal, your fighter price might have $50 million plus.

Ah you have come up with really old post of mine .even now i have forgot the exact figures of the deal but the only thing and that is important i remember is that after the french deal jf-17 was costing approx 25million per plane .Cant give you the details now actually its pretty old matter now .so sorry for that

Ah you have come up with really old post of mine .even now i have forgot the exact figures of the deal but the only thing and that is important i remember is that after the french deal jf-17 was costing approx 25million per plane .Cant give you the details now actually its pretty old matter now .so sorry for that

Not really able to follow my posts and its replies in this new format of PDF, hope will get a hang of it..

let me remind you

1.6bn USD for 50JFT upgrade

it means each JFT upgrade for 32Mn USD.

62612_1294790735.jpg

why is the nose and cockpit window covered?

To keep it clean. Sand, birdshit can virtually destroy it. And besides that you keep light (people) away...

Intakes and exhaust are covered because you do not want FOD problem.

About the nose. There are lot of sensors that need to be covered. It is easier if you have one big cover then several...

i undertsand the window....but why the nose ....if so then keep the whole plane covered

for whatever its worth mentioning, Zhuhai is sub-tropical climate; tends to get very humid.

cover over glass cockpit is used to protect windshield and pilot cockpit itself --especially from moisture, dust and other crap

nose (and even gear covers, which werent used) are to protect against sun's UV Rays and weathering when parked

they also can protect against maintenance damage or scratches from mechanics when under inspections

i spend easily 2-3 hours detailing, polishing and waxing my cars; shining the wheels and tyres, & interior....give me a JFT i'll have it looking shiny and straight out of the factory :smokin::P

edit: car, not cars ;)

i spend easily 2-3 hours detailing, polishing and waxing my cars; shining the wheels and tyres, & interior....give me a JFT i'll have it looking shiny and straight out of the factory :smokin::P

edit: car, not cars ;)

Aaaah my favorite pass time on Sundays... (Obviously when i was in Pak)....... Miss those times...

27_136254_32e25bd4cc9c8be.jpg

27_136254_55b16c82bbb0a00.jpg

27_136254_6209fe48099f2f2.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

^^ my apologies - wrong thread -- ive removed most of the pics in these 2 posts to fanborough thread

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom