What's new

JF-17 Block III Multirole Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good developpement, in the rigth direction.

JF17 beat them all ? who are "them all" ? The jets it is replacing ? or jets it will face ?
Having few BVR and facing enemi with more BVR is like going to fight with a pistol with 2 bullets against enemy equiped with machine gun. Yes it is not a goof example, but i hope you understand what i mean.
So what is the quality of SD10 ? good or not good ? I don't know personnaly. So if in future we have good quality of BVR, then we could go for more missiles on the JF17. But due to its limitation, we will have maximum 4 if dual rack is added. It's better than 2.

Kind regards Bro.
You are talking about the real world air warfare, so where does stand our JF17 currently in all aspects you cited ? and where it can stand with future enhancements ? Do you think its limitations would enable to stand correctly in the real world warfare ?

Yes we fight with what we have, that's not the point, but we have what we planned after having assessed the requirements. The main problem here is does the requirements defined then were good enough to respond to the requirement of today's real world warfare ?

But I say it again, JF17 bring big technological jump.

Insha Allah, other than Rafale, Thunder is ready for everything India has.

Hi,

You are correct---this MODULAR aircraft is 2 sizes too small---the minimum size should have been the J10---.
What if we keep JF 17 thunders as backbone of PAF & F-16 as frontline fighter until f-16 are eventually phased out. Probably f-16 elimination may start by 2025 and can be ended by 2030 or later. We have a decade, enough time for PAF to start induction of 4.5th++ or 5th generation aircraft. And if by 2030 we have minimum one or two squadron of such fighter jets, I think PAF defence strategy is right on track.

If somehow we managed to make a fighter Jet in block 3 variant which is equal to J-10 in overall capabilities or higher then I don't see any issue in continuing JFT project for another 50 or 60 jets. Meanwhile we need to start work on a new project different in design should be a dual engine, with higher endurance for Future PAF plans.

Plus, instead we should continue work on project "AZM" we should start collaborate with China for FC-31 stealth fighter, we don't need huge number of stealth fighter for one or more decades. Instead we should spend maximum resource of ours on other defence technologies like Indigenous radars, EW & counter measurements and missile defence systems (if possible indigenous).

(If you have played "Clash of Clans" you better know what is worth of Village defences)

Hi,

In modern day air battle---many an aircraft would be destroyed BVR without even launching their own missiles---.
Well Sir, until unless we see real figures of success of BVR missiles at different ranges we can't rely on BVR capabilities in real war scenario. e.g. In a war scenario like between Pakistan & India. Suppose, if a R-77 missile is fired from 50 km inside Indian airspace & target is flying 20 km inside Pakistan, What would be the probability of success hit believe me nobody knows. If you can give a wild guess then please!!!

What if we keep JF 17 thunders as backbone of PAF & F-16 as frontline fighter until f-16 are eventually phased out. Probably f-16 elimination may start by 2025 and can be ended by 2030 or later. We have a decade, enough time for PAF to start induction of 4.5th++ or 5th generation aircraft. And if by 2030 we have minimum one or two squadron of such fighter jets, I think PAF defence strategy is right on track.

If somehow we managed to make a fighter Jet in block 3 variant which is equal to J-10 in overall capabilities or higher then I don't see any issue in continuing JFT project for another 50 or 60 jets. Meanwhile we need to start work on a new project different in design should be a dual engine, with higher endurance for Future PAF plans.

Plus, instead we should continue work on project "AZM" we should start collaborate with China for FC-31 stealth fighter, we don't need huge number of stealth fighter for one or more decades. Instead we should spend maximum resource of ours on other defence technologies like Indigenous radars, EW & counter measurements and missile defence systems (if possible indigenous).

(If you have played "Clash of Clans" you better know what is worth of Village defences)

Hi,

The F16's will last as long as the JF17's---.

With all their arrogance---the israelies realized---that even though the Levi would be their own---in the longer run---it would not make sense---.

So---they opted for the F16's---because the US defense would be the one spending the money on all the research and upgrades and growing pains.

Similarly---when the J10 became available---the JF17 should have been dumped and let the chinese money take care of the issues.

The JF17 would always be an LCA compared to the J10---.

The J10 program has the backing of the chinese govts funding---don't pakistani men not understand that part---.

Well Sir, until unless we see real figures of success of BVR missiles at different ranges we can't rely on BVR capabilities in real war scenario. e.g. In a war scenario like between Pakistan & India. Suppose, if a R-77 missile is fired from 50 km inside Indian airspace & target is flying 20 km inside Pakistan, What would be the probability of success hit believe me nobody knows. If you can give a wild guess then please!!!

Hi,

The SU 30 would fire a VOLLEY of BVR's---not 1 or 2---but 4 to 6 at each target---so even at 20-25% chance of a hit---it is bad---.

Most don't know that the SU30's can fire volley of missiles at a singe target of choice.

The J10 program has the backing of the chinese govts funding---don't pakistani men not understand that part---.
Nop, I am asking about FC-31 not J-10. (I assumed you were saying about FC-31 and wrongly typed J-10). Yeah this project is backed by Chinese government & that's true they don't need any money from us cuz they have plenty already but we can purchased from them so we don't need to consume funds in Project "AZM" we haven't reached on that stage yet instead pay attention on other defence strategies.

All JFT threads should be officially renamed as whining & moaning threads.

Whenever I come to JFT threads, I find someone whining about something. Sometimes it is about avionics, sometimes it is about BVR, sometimes about engine.

Hi,

The F16's will last as long as the JF17's---.

With all their arrogance---the israelies realized---that even though the Levi would be their own---in the longer run---it would not make sense---.

So---they opted for the F16's---because the US defense would be the one spending the money on all the research and upgrades and growing pains.

Similarly---when the J10 became available---the JF17 should have been dumped and let the chinese money take care of the issues.
that is assuming PAF doesnt want to spend a penny on r&D
by this logic PAF shouldnot opt for 5th gen fighter alone
to which i kinda agree, it needs patners for financial reasons
All JFT threads should be officially renamed as whining & moaning threads.

Whenever I come to JFT threads, I find someone whining about something. Sometimes it is about avionics, sometimes it is about BVR, sometimes about engine.
atleast we are whining about something, are we whinning about any SAMs, subs etc..we dont even have those

So, I think volley of missiles will cost more than the loss of one JFT or F-16 to Pakistan but IAF wouldn't mind it. :-):-):(
two jf-17 acting together can fire more missles than single su 30 and have abetter chance of survival than a single
su30

it will also cost far less, infact, 3 will be cheaper than su30 and will also be able to inducted in large numbers, cover more areas, and deployed in more bases with higher sortie rate

Whining is good when it's needed. I don't think that PAF officers don't whine. Sure they did about such issues but in a professional way & we according to our own profession.:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

atleast we are whining about something, are we whinning about any SAMs, subs etc..we dont even have those

What do you mean by we don't even have those?

HQ 16 is not a sam or Augustas not submarines enough for you?

What do you mean by we don't even have those?

HQ 16 is not a sam or Augustas not submarines enough for you?
nothing indigenous and hence no lengthy threads on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom