What's new

JF-17 Thunder Block III is no match against Rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 may not be the frontline fight to take on to Rafael 1 on 1, but when properly employed with AWACS, other F-16s or future stealth fighter in numbers, it will create Havoc in air battles.

With AESA radar, PL 15s and low RCS and share numbers. Not only it’s a potent fighter itself but also It’s a force multiplier in many scenarios.

Currently Indians are struggling to find cheaper yet potent replacement for 2nd line fighter to replace their migs.

Ability to pump out decent jets as a replacement and in number without going bankrupt, during conflict means winning or losing.

According to USAF study, for every three Su-35 or J-16, they are expected to lose one F-22. Just keeping this in prospective, Rafael is not even stealth.

So given the Finincial restraints and the immediate threat spectrum, Old men of PAF seems to be doing just fine.

no wonder indian govt employed terrorist elements to take out pakistani AWACS on airbases..

What do we have for JF-17 Block-III to match with IAF Rafale?
200 kms plus radar detection with PL15 shoukd be good enough for Rafaels

I believe I opened a similar thread rasing same concerns not long ago

JF17 Block III will enhance our capabilities no doubt but I see the platform be somewhat better then F16C/D

One logical counter is Build a new Kamra facility in Gwadar area together with a airforce base in Baluchistan , and raise production figures

That's not the purpose for JF-17 block iii

I believe we will skip the 4.5 gen altogether (unless we get our hands on F-16V kits)
What do you mean we will skip 4.5 gen? What is JF-17 blk III? And what if PAF upgraded the F-16s with Sabr AESA instead of the existing APG-68(V9) further down the road?

In general on the first comment that started this thread, what does it mean that JF-17 is no match against Rafale?

Give the aircraft a good, solid radar that is immune to jamming, a good long range BVR AAM and it can hold its own any day, any time.

We should skip the silly comparisons as if the two aircraft are to go inside the akkhaara and wrestle. The single most important thing for PAF is optimal employment. That is what will win the fight.

Folks should read up on the views of those who evaluated J-10C. The JF-17 in many ways is better than it for reasons that I do not want to delve into right now.

You put 2 JF-17s against an MKI or a Rafale and that will make life very hard for the latter. All of this comes down to tactics.

Pakistan will only go for additional F-16s if they are easily available. The investment is going into JF-17 for ALL the right reasons. It is an investment protection for Pakistan. We are creating expertise, experience in not only the use of the aircraft but also manufacturing. No amount of borrowed technology in the form of F-16s can replace this invaluable experience.

PAF is planning for 20 years ahead and while its taking baby steps, it is going to yield dividends not with the JF-17, but what is ahead of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom