What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More rumors from H Khan:

It is confirmed that Myanmar will start to receive first of 16 JF-17 in January of 2017, this includes four dual-seaters. The deal is worth $256 million... .

That is $16/plane. That is super cheap especially considering this is the first order with all the training, ground equipment, etc

Air Platforms

Pakistan pushes for JF-17 sale to Sri Lanka

Anthony Davis, Bangkok - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

29 December 2015

A JF-17 being demonstrated at the 2015 Paris Air Show. Pakistan is looking to sell the aircraft to Sri Lanka as well as Myanmar. Source: PA

Following the first export deal for its JF-17 multirole fighter to Myanmar, Pakistan is expected to be pushing hard for a follow-up agreement with Sri Lanka that would mark an important step in further extending its defence co-operation footprint in the Indian Ocean region.

With Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif scheduled to visit Sri Lanka in the first week of January 2016, efforts to secure an agreement in principle for the sale of the JF-17 Thunder - a third-generation fighter co-produced by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and China's Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) - are likely to be high on his agenda, diplomatic sources have told IHS Jane's .

Sharif's upcoming talks in Colombo follow a mid-November visit to Pakistan by Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) commander Air Marshal Gagan Bulathsinhala during which the JF-17 was showcased by the Pakistanis. Immediately after the visit AM Bulathsinhala was invited to send an evaluation team of technicians and pilots to PAC's Kamra facilities near Islamabad, where the JF-17 is produced.

The SLAF - which already flies several other Chinese-made aircraft types - is currently looking to upgrade its fighter capabilities. At present these rely on the Israel Aircraft Industries Kfir, which served as the workhorse of SLAF ground attack operations in the 1983-2009 civil war against the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).

Currently the JF-17 is flown only by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), with the first squadron of Block 1 aircraft becoming operational in 2010. In late December 2015, PAC rolled out the 16th of a planned total of 50 Block 2 aircraft to complete the PAF's fourth JF-17 squadron in service.

Phasing out its older Dassault Mirage III/5s and Chinese F-7Ps fighters, the PAF reportedly plans to induct at least 250 JF-17s. By contrast, China's People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) does not fly the JF-17.

Attachments

• 1451533132557.jpg
    1451533132557.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 107
Guys, I need to ask a question about the operation capability of the JF-17, is the bird being used COIN missions? And if so I need to know about the particular capability of it being able to use laser guided munitions, I have seen various media of the bird firing missiles and dropping bombs, but not laser guided bombs, why is it so? Has the AF decided not to show this particular ability for certain reasons? Or?.....

That is $16/plane. That is super cheap especially considering this is the first order with all the training, ground equipment, etc

Seriously, i was thinking the same. I hope the basic cost of Aircraft must be at least 20 mil / plane but i don't think the cost includes training. The report mentions just weapons and aircrafts cost?

More rumors from H Khan:

It is confirmed that Myanmar will start to receive first of 16 JF-17 in January of 2017, this includes four dual-seaters. The deal is worth $256 million plus another $100 million for the weapons from China.

Second in line is Sri Lanka. Hopefully, during NS visit to Sri Lanka next month, the deal would be signed. Even though Bharat is trying its best to sway Sri Lanka's interest but because of pressure from China Sri Lanka is keeping the track.

Nigeria is still thinking.
yes the deal is for first asian nation is for 16 aircraft .. Don't know for how much money .. Although Pakistan is pushing for 2 dozen aircrafts to that asian nation .. If we go through H khan bhai statement than it is super cheap deal

And NS is going to Sri lanka .. hope he will announce the deal .. as per sri lankan recent news regarding indian pressure they have said that NS will announce the deal for 10 JF17 and 10 F7(gift) in january 2016

Just want to know, how many Gs by JFT confirmed yet? as i couldn't find maybe some members would have mentioned.
Thanks in advance.

Pakistan Zindabad

Just want to know, how many Gs by JFT confirmed yet? as i couldn't find maybe some members would have mentioned.
Thanks in advance.

Pakistan Zindabad
+8/-3

JF17 G pull is restricted to above limit .. Heard in a interview that JF17 can pull higher than that but it is restricted becuase to increase the airframe life

+8/-3

JF17 G pull is restricted to above limit .. Heard in a interview that JF17 can pull higher than that but it is restricted becuase to increase the airframe life

Thanks for reply Sulman Saab. Just the figure was mentioned at i think Wikipedia as +8/-3 (my bad that asked incomplete question) but I thought it may be an old figure or not updated as i couldn't understand the -3 thing? please

+8/-3

So is it safe to assume that with the use of composites in block 3, It'll be cleared for +9g maneuvers?

Somewhere, it says calculation of +9 g in block-III if I am not speculative here.

So is it safe to assume that with the use of composites in block 3, It'll be cleared for +9g maneuvers?

Keep in mind, JF-17 crashed because it was pushed to its limit. Composites or no composites. The G limit will hover b/w 8-8.5

Keep in mind, JF-17 crashed because it was pushed to its limit. Composites or no composites. The G limit will hover b/w 8-8.5
I hope not. I think that this time we are capable enough to explore its limits without ripping it apart.

What is the point of using composites if we don't want more out of it?

No place for the weak in the arms businesses, or any for that matter. +8gs instead of the +9gs (which seems to be the standard for 4 Gen fighters) is a weakness and will be perceived as such.

@Bratva

Last edited:
I hope not. I think that this time we are capable enough to explore its limits without ripping it apart.

What is the point of using composites if we don't want more out of it?

No place for the weak in the arms businesses, or any for that matter. +8gs instead of the +9gs (which seems to be the standard for 4 Gen fighters) is a weakness and will be perceived as such.

@Bratva

If we are going for more F-16's. Dont raise your hopes for higher end JF-17 in block-III. At most they will introduce an extra hardpoint, a PESA radar, comprehensive NET-centric capability with ability to link with Erieye and F-16 and able to carry Ra'ad ALCM. Forget about IRST,composites and AESA radar till Block IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom