What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I think it’s specs on catic/AVIC website and news item at the time of first flight for dual seater

Single seater had 8.5 meter wing span w/o wingtip missile and 9m with wingtip missile

Dual seater has ~9.5m same as f-16

Not sure how much difference is in wing area but it does give dual seater more wing span so possible of adding another under wing station , guessing

https://defence-blog.com/aviation/p...art-in-test-flight-of-new-jf-17b-fighter.html

https://quwa.org/2017/12/11/second-jf-17b-prototype-now-flying/

View attachment 484523

Buddy @khanaasifm, there is no difference in the wing. Your information there is incorrect about the single seater's wing span vs the dual-seater. Here is a placard with Block I information from a few years back when JF-17 went to Turkey. The wingspan is clearly listed as 9.45m and not 8.5m

upload_2018-7-9_0-30-38.png

Buddy @khanaasifm, there is no difference in the wing. Your information there is incorrect about the single seater's wing span vs the dual-seater. Here is a placard with Block I information from a few years back when JF-17 went to Turkey. The wingspan is clearly listed as 9.45m and not 8.5m

View attachment 485178

Not my info sharing news items from open sources also there is catic or avid official site which lists the same info on jf-17 trying to find it it has been posted on the forum in the past

“According to AVIC, the 14.26 m long JF-17B has an increased wingspan of 9.465 m compared to the single seat version’s 8.5 m wingspan, and a reduced height of 4.598 m.”

View attachment 485178
if it is true about the wing span than what about the speed no one ever agreed on 1.8 mach too

if it is true about the wing span than what about the speed no one ever agreed on 1.8 mach too

Not sure f-18 list ~1900 max kph speed and 1.8 Mach
Jf-17 list ~1900 Kph speed and Mach 1.6

So not sure [emoji848]

I had asked once why there is no sync up between pac and catiac specs not sure I remember what the answer was but I think as new platform the specs are evolving ?? I guess.

I can answer this one. The answer is no!. New government does not have this any more as a priority and there is likelihood it will not be signed. Botswana does not procure any chinese based defence equipment when it comes to airforce. It is very likely continue on with the CF-5s for now based out of molepelole.

Why do Botswana need any airforce at all.
There is no need except for keeping Zimbabwe in check. But apart from that, we just need to replace CF-5s with LIFT aircrafts that also will foot the bill fine. Bae Hawks are already here.

I can answer this one. The answer is no!. New government does not have this any more as a priority and there is likelihood it will not be signed. Botswana does not procure any chinese based defence equipment when it comes to airforce. It is very likely continue on with the CF-5s for now based out of molepelole.

There is no need except for keeping Zimbabwe in check. But apart from that, we just need to replace CF-5s with LIFT aircrafts that also will foot the bill fine. Bae Hawks are already here.

Hawks in Botswana?

Nah... my mistake.... been a very long long day... They are using pilatus. They did have BAE Hawk for evaluations a couple of years back but did not proceed.
Ok, didn't know they tested the Hawks.

Thanks for that snippet.

Do you have the document with someone info on the SAAF evaluating the K-8, the Mig-AT, etc before they settled in the Hawk?

The report I saw a few years ago had a table or two on how SAAF scored each.

Back
Top Bottom