What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

D-o8BnpWsAAV7-V.jpg
We need another hardpoint below the inlet opposite to where the gun is mounted for targeting PODs. I would love to see it in block 2 as well as upcoming block 3.
A

Hi, I have a question. If you notice the exhaust nozzle covers for the RD-93 the seem to be rusty colored and dirty. The exhaust nozzle covers for an F-16/15/18 are very clean and have a titanium/platinum color.

Can someone kindly please explain why the RD-93 exhaust nozzle covers look so dirty?

Hi, I have a question. If you notice the exhaust nozzle covers for the RD-93 the seem to be rusty colored and dirty. The exhaust nozzle covers for an F-16/15/18 are very clean and have a titanium/platinum color.

Can someone kindly please explain why the RD-93 exhaust nozzle covers look so dirty?

That's actually the color of the metal/alloy in the nozzle petals. It's due to the technological differences between Russia and the West. The Chinese nozzle petals look different than both. You'll also notice, that apart from the colors, the layout of the petals is different in all three as well.

You'll see this dirty color in most current Russian jet engines.

Rd-93,

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+rd-93+egnine+powerplant+improved+ws13+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bo+%25288%2529.jpg

Even this display of the AL-31fn,

3016061782_7b90639fd2_o.jpg

They also at times give obvious shades of blue.

main-qimg-bd6840f29f3c413c056e2f03addfacd2

And then we have the Chinese engines,

WS10engineturbofan.jpg

Last edited:

alloys.

Why do you think that, and the philosophies of both powers (USA/Russia) is opposite for engine development field and RD-93 nozzles are not dirty but it is color of metal/alloys that looks dirty to you @ANG

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom