What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

But if you feel I am illiterate then please state some facts about what I said that was illiterate. Dont just call me illiterate, explain yar.
Bro, leave old man river alone.

He feels like he's some retro swing d!ck hero & that everyone should idolize everything he writes. To some, he's just an old hack.

He openly refers to us (Pakistanis) as 'Jahil' thinking his ancestors arrived in the US on the Mayflower.

New block should have a new modern paint job. We should try different paint jobs, like the SU57 prototypes. Some look amazing. I think the lightening bolt and the darker nosecone look a little dated. Also the green and red one really needs something new, like solo turk.

Come on guys. This is also great for psychological warfare. A little like face paint in war. New paint should reflect a new more lethal block.

New block should have a new modern paint job. We should try different paint jobs, like the SU57 prototypes. Some look amazing. I think the lightening bolt and the darker nosecone look a little dated. Also the green and red one really needs something new, like solo turk.

Come on guys. This is also great for psychological warfare. A little like face paint in war. New paint should reflect a new more lethal block.
I am all for it !!!!!!

Block 3 deserves a different appearance !!

There are 10s of thousands of fighter jets in the world today, the vast majority have never and will never see combat. So visual deterrence is very important aspect in the jet even sometimes more so than actual capability.

Its a fighter jet not a barbie doll
When we were playing with paper aeroplanes as children it seems you had your mind on dolls.

5ce43c2ddda4c8217f8b45d9.gif

Even the Yanks were impressed with the SU57 paint job.

A number of Fighter Jets are doing it these days. I don't see any reason why we should be left behind.

I agree its not a Barbie Doll, however, I do believe we should be doing whatever we can to sell the Aircraft to Foreign Customers. I believe the term 'Marketing' is commonly used in such cases.

0240far18.jpg

SAAB Gripen NG

TAI Hurjet

As i recall, the situation you are referring to was somewhere in syria where this paintjob was used by USA to let others mistake into thinking it as Chinese fighter
No bro...

These Jets are commonly used by Aggressor Pilots during Red Flag simulating Foreign Jets, particularly Russian & Chinese.

No bro...

These Jets are commonly used by Aggressor Pilots during Red Flag simulating Foreign Jets, particularly Russian & Chinese.
Ok !!!
But could you also let me know about what i was referring to ? I remember reading some news/articles about this particular situation as well.

As i recall, the situation you are referring to was somewhere in syria where this paintjob was used by USA to let others mistake into thinking it as Chinese fighter
...could you also let me know about what i was referring to ? I remember reading some news/articles about this particular situation as well.
First off, Chinese Jets have no reason flying over Syrian Airspace. Russia: Yes. Iran: Maybe.

Why would the US pull a stunt by camouflaging their jet to resemble something that has no purpose being there to begin with?

Finally, i'm not sure where you actually read it. It could be The National Interest, a site which has information as useful as a fart in a Spacecraft.

Last edited:
I am sure it will be really difficult for you to limit yourself with these words ....... This forum is full of people who have no technical knowledge (including myself) ....... You are great person with great knowledge ........ Except few, all of people here need it.
so am I

hence I steer clear of technical discussion and talk more on politics and history of this project
Yar,

Ok---it is all about the flow of air over the surface of the aircraft---.

You have a known product---a known design---the blk1---its tail has a certain design---. The function of the tail is to provide stability to the aircraft---.

So the design of the tail of the BLK1/2/3 has been ascertained before mass production---. The design has been put thru the wind tunnel and the best position of the tail was what we see on these three blks is for the job it is best designed to perform.

But in the BLK B---we have thrown an in swing or an out swing---whatever you prefer---. We have changed the shape of the top of the aircraft---and how did we do that---we have extended the canopy farther back to accommodate for another seat---and we have thickened the spine of the aircraft---possibly added more weight in the front ( which would have changed the center of gravity of the aircraft )---and the hump on the back of the aircraft---.

What that change has done is to change the pattern of air flowing over the skin of the aircraft---. So---the wind tunnel testing showed that a canted tail would be providing the best solution for the stability of the aircraft for the purpose it would be used for---.

Remember the term " the purpose it would be used for )---. Remember pakistani snow leopard---seen any videos on it---very large and massive tail---why---to give it control over sudden direction changes going over the cliffs and steep slopes..

The chinese had learnt it the hard way---. They put a rotating dish on an aircraft and made an awacs out of it---. The aircraft crashed on its first flight---. Th radar dish had changed the air flow coming towards the tail rudder---it made the aircraft unstable and thus it crashed---.

Now the same type of aircraft has a massive tail rudder to compensate for the radar dish on the back of the aircraft---.

Put your age in your info---so that we know who we are talking to son---:enjoy:.

Hi,

Explanation has been provided---.

When a person looks at a machine---& he does not like what he sees---the question that needs to be asked is why is this item positioned in this manner---and not " I don't like it in this position it should have been in that position "---.

That position is for the best function and utility of the machine---that is why one flying model may have it placed in a different manner on a different flying model.

I had provided that information on the subject matter about 5 times since the BLK B came out---.

Young people need to learn to ask why---they also need to do some google search---find the answers and share them---.

As for " leaving the old man alone "---oh well---.

Bro, leave old man river alone.

He feels like he's some retro swing d!ck hero & that everyone should idolize everything he writes. To some, he's just an old hack.

He openly refers to us (Pakistanis) as 'Jahil' thinking his ancestors arrived in the US on the Mayflower.
OK, I will drop it and leave it that. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom