What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

And then China develops its own independent military industrial system, otherwise China would be another "India".

China should really thank the sanctions from the west.:-)

That is a after effect of being sidelined by west. What he’s saying is he’s hoping the hardware and weapons are able to compete with the west.

And then China develops its own independent military industrial system, otherwise China would be another "India".

China should really thank the sanctions from the west.:-)
sanctions from west always helps:-)

Original version had these specs.
main-qimg-53a38cde392cbfcc088ec6df51e6140f

It is said that later versions can detect 5m2 target over 220km away. Tracking range is classified.

I sincerely hope that chosen radar is Swash plate version rather than fixed plate.
The ability to enhance the FOV is extremely important specially when numbers are low in the face of adversary.

PAF must go for in-house production of this radar and setup system development on this AESA base hardware even if it is not on a large scale.

I sincerely hope that chosen radar is Swash plate version rather than fixed plate.
The ability to enhance the FOV is extremely important specially when numbers are low in the face of adversary.

PAF must go for in-house production of this radar and setup system development on this AESA base hardware even if it is not on a large scale.

This looks very much like the klj-7A.

upload_2020-3-8_22-24-55.png

View media item 18193
Today I saw 3 JF-17's descending and was interested in knowing the ammo/load they were carrying on the hard points.

Got curious as to why fully armed fighters were flying (as air-to-air missiles have shelf life)

It's carrying two Gbu.12's which is the 500 pound version of the LGB,probably might be carrying a centreline LDP as well.

It certainly is, I have a HD closer image of this Thunder SR. # 16-217 carrying two PL-5, two LGB GBU-12 (Most probably the Pakistani version) two drop tanks and a center-line ASELPOD. I can't share it since I do not have photographer's permission and the photographer is very famous over here for capturing secret things. It will come out sooner or later and it really worth a watch.
Congrats to all that JFT is now operationally carrying LGB & ASELPOD.

I thought I could see it too even in this image:

View attachment 611073

Keep it to yourself. :D
I also have that pic. There is good reason why the photographer was not allowed to share it publicly.

You are correct

I saw this picture today, when I came searching if someone has posted that image (which I have mentioned earlier) online on PDF yet or not.

That image is so HD and zoomed in that I can actually read the numbers written on the LGB, Let alone the SR number of the JFT and there are two Chinese words under the cockpit. Also that picture is taken from a different angle.

Can someone post the picture :(

Deino Just posted this Pic. @DANGER-ZONE can you post your HD image as well ?
Another great image of a PAF JF-17 made by Zohaib Malik.
Noteworthy is the ASELPOD targeting pod and two LGBs.

View attachment 611993

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom