What's new

JF-17 Thunder that downed Abhinandan’s aircraft on display at Ideas 2022

I think the JF-17 are partly responsible for downing of IAF Mig-21 as their ECM suppress the MKI BARS radar covering the Mig-21 which venture into Pakistan airspace.

It's called marketing. At the end of the day, it was PAF that downed IAF. Had it been the Noon Army, they might have just buried the hatchet.

I thought the f16 did it.
Yap it was F-16, but now after official brief at ideas it seems the rumor of multiple launch by different platform on the same bogy was correct
Brecorder having Haqeeqat tv moment.
Apparently the PAF official with JF-17 briefed about this in presentation about the platform in IDEAS-2022

Yap it was F-16, but now after official brief at ideas it seems the rumor of multiple launch by different platform on the same bogy was correct

Apparently the PAF official with JF-17 briefed about this in presentation about the platform in IDEAS-2022

So it is possible that the JF-17 launched?

This interview with a JF-17 pilot on Hushkit stated that the JF-17 was seeing and locking onto 8 MKIs at 60NM.

What has been your most memorable mission & why was that?

“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the night I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorisation to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting texaco (air refuelling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.. the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”

So it is possible that the JF-17 launched?

This interview with a JF-17 pilot on Hushkit stated that the JF-17 was seeing and locking onto 8 MKIs at 60NM.

What has been your most memorable mission & why was that?

“One mission took place in the days following the Indian Air Force’s attempted strikes in Pakistan border region- at five in the night I took off in rain and low cloud with TS in the vicinity. Clouds were from 4,000 till 33,000 feet. Got out of clouds and controller reported two Su-30s ‘across the fence’. I targeted them at ranges beyond 50-60 NM but didn’t get authorisation to engage from controller, continued to grind above 32,000 flowing hot and cold 20-30NM from fence targeting the Su-30s. The IAF scrambled a total of six more Su-30s and finally I had eight Su-30s in front. Would turn hot and target each one in sequence from north to south (just spike them seeing whether they get lured in or not). After hitting texaco (air refuelling) returned to based amid rain and wet runway.. the first thing ground crew did was count the missiles.. gave a disappointed look once all were intact. the same profile continued for a couple of month but that first mission was an unbelievable experience.”
But they decide to against firing at it becos those MKI were inside India territory despite MKI illuminate fire control radar at PAF aircraft which constitute aggression.

If the orders were given, I am sure the JF-17 were able to down those MKI becos the MKI were not able to break the ECM imposed by JF-17.

Last edited:
Indians...
tropic-thunder-shot.gif

1668858130401.png
1668858197514.png

I think the JF-17 are partly responsible for downing of IAF Mig-21 as their ECM suppress the MKI BARS radar covering the Mig-21 which venture into Pakistan airspace.
I think Pakistanis were also partly responsible as they supported and backed PAF so the pilots and all personnel were more confident and motivated which helped them execute the operations with success.

1668858430131.png

Imagine Indians putting a Mig-21 on display and going like "This is Mig-21 down PAF F-16". People asking "where's the wreckage?"

Not wise to market based on lies. Not only does it hit your credibility, but it might actually backfire.
True! Not sure why PAF mentioned this? Unless there is some truth to it after all.

True! Not sure why PAF mentioned this? Unless there is some truth to it after all.

Most likely there was. Why would a squadron (14) paint their aircraft like this if it were not true? Wouldn't they get ridicule by their colleagues in other units?

I don't think they would need to go this far for a cover story.

0D0E182B-4792-4E9D-A520-8E7E46035620.jpeg

66A2DC5B-B059-4CAC-8F08-0E698CA787B9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom