What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Remember In some old vid, I pointed out this one time when a PAF officer stopped a cameramen “Aa please isse agay nahi”.

Wo pechy panels (jo up and down movement ky lye use hoty) checking ho rahe the jahaz ki is waja se unko roka kay aagy na jaay. Watch that video again.

I never observe it carefully before but after your post I searched my archive and found pic of this attachment from the front and it is same as you are stating
View attachment 617358
sorry for my ignorant question but what exactly does a vortex generator do and what is it good for?

91031212_1089899784708233_6057200241633918976_o.jpg

This was in a TV show recently (thanks to @HRK for the picture), thought I'd share. Not an inlet for anything. Just a vortex generator:
View attachment 617355

Its quite a weird shape for vortex generators that are fin-like and permit a steady flow of air through them. The one on JF-17 is more of a "wind-resister". Is there a hidden sensor behind it? Is that RCS increaser that PAF may take out in case of war? Its shape suggests it has to be something more than a usual vortex generator.

sorry for my ignorant question but what exactly does a vortex generator do and what is it good for?

Depending on who you are, there are several ways to answer this question,
The simplest is that it helps you survive stall, as the poster below is suggesting.
So if without a VG, stall is at angle X, the VG will let you survive until X + Y.

manipulate air flow and increase control on low speed specially on stall speed

Its quite a weird shape for vortex generators that are fin-like and permit a steady flow of air through them. The one on JF-17 is more of a "wind-resister". Is there a hidden sensor behind it? Is that RCS increaser that PAF may take out in case of war? Its shape suggests it has to be something more than a usual vortex generator.
Its job is to create a vortex by disturbing smooth flow, not permit a steady flow of air through it. Furthermore, Occam's Razor suggests it's just a vortex generator.

Important points:
1- Block 3 has more internal fuel than previous blocks. (28:49)
2- 2-B has 3-axis FBW just like Block-3 (which we've know I guess) (27:35)
3- AZM will be joint effort and some sort of preliminary design has been done and discussed with partners whoever they are (33:40 - 34:20)

EDIT: @khanasifm I believe you were interested in fuel capacities. You might be interested in 1.

A third rated Chanel though loud background music creates a headache

yes assuming it’s in range of couple of hundred kg say 200/300kg giving jf 2500/2600 kg internal fuel capacity plus one drop tank gives a decent range enhancement leaving all others pylons for swing role capability addressing one of previous version short coming

he also mentioned block 3 with pilot enhanced capability to look inside and outside which I think is reference to hmd

lastly an African country is new mashaq customer ??? Not sure which one sinegal??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom