What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

EUXy9-5X0AALQVk

Via AhmAd IbrAhim Twitter.

EUXy9-5X0AALQVk

Via AhmAd IbrAhim Twitter.

JUST GORGEOUS! Lots of composite material on this bird. Having said that, do you guys think there is room for extending the wings to create more lift? Like by maybe a a foot on each side?

JUST GORGEOUS! Lots of composite material on this bird. Having said that, do you guys think there is room for extending the wings to create more lift? Like by maybe a a foot on each side?
No.
That will need an entire new design I guess?

If you look the construction quality improved the symmetry on both half's is very good.

No.
That will need an entire new design I guess?

I doubt it'll be a total redesign, probably some adjustments here and their but should be possible.

If you look the construction quality improved the symmetry on both half's is very good.

I doubt it'll be a total redesign, probably some adjustments here and there but should be possible.

An inch of wingspan change will totally change the center of gravity, handling characteristics, weight distribution etc. This means everything from weapons integration and testing to airframe g limits will have to be reassessed. Nothing short of a designing and certifying a new aircraft.

These jets fly at speeds exceeding Mach 1. A closed side mirror of your everyday family car makes it highly unstable at speeds over 200 kph, think about these huge pieces of metal and their requirements to remain calm, stable at 1000 mph. Not a walk in the park.

An inch of wingspan change will totally change the center of gravity, handling characteristics, weight distribution etc. This means everything from weapons integration and testing to airframe g limits will have to be reassessed. Nothing short of a designing and certifying a new aircraft.

These jets fly at speeds exceeding Mach 1. A closed side mirror of your everyday family car makes it highly unstable at speeds over 200 kph, think about these huge pieces of metal and their requirements to remain calm, stable at 1000 mph. Not a walk in the park.
Can you tell what percentage of composites are used in B and BLK-3???

Both B model and block 3 carry more internal fuel compared to previous versions per recent tv program special and web based news

In comparison to previous JF-17 variants, the JF-17B is a twin-seat aircraft and features a deeper dorsal spine and added fuel capacity.

per other sources wingspan also increased by ~ 1 meter which is listed on Chinese site

Back
Top Bottom