What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Sir in case of JF17B the service ceiling, low altitude speed as well as over all speed, load capacity, defensive measures should also be considered before replacing Mirages. As reportedly Mirage has high speed at low altitudes, better service ceiling and so far only plat form to carry Raad. However as per defensive capabilities it may understandably may have lower capabilities.

Hi,

Speed at low altitude or over all speed has nothing to do with the ability in this equation and neither does the service ceiling or load capacity or defensive measure.

This is a 4th gen aircraft you are talking about---so all those matters had been taken into consideration when the specs of the aircraft were prepared & the ability of the aircraft considered---.

The only issue over here is clearance from ground up to the under carriage for a center line ALCM---Hatf V111.

Just like the designer missed that consideration when the F16 was designed originally---same was the case over here---.

The single simple reason we are using the mirage 3/5's are that they are functional---they are extremely cheap for us to operate manage and maintain---.

For a well upgraded mirage aircraft for possibly less than 5 million dollars a pop---we are doing the job that a new 40-80 million dollars aircraft would be needed to do and it would be of no different results---.

Hi,

Speed at low altitude or over all speed has nothing to do with the ability in this equation and neither does the service ceiling or load capacity or defensive measure.

This is a 4th gen aircraft you are talking about---so all those matters had been taken into consideration when the specs of the aircraft were prepared & the ability of the aircraft considered---.

The only issue over here is clearance from ground up to the under carriage for a center line ALCM---Hatf V111.

Just like the designer missed that consideration when the F16 was designed originally---same was the case over here---.

The single simple reason we are using the mirage 3/5's are that they are functional---they are extremely cheap for us to operate manage and maintain---.

For a well upgraded mirage aircraft for possibly less than 5 million dollars a pop---we are doing the job that a new 40-80 million dollars aircraft would be needed to do and it would be of no different results---.

The qualities expressed especially high speed at low altitude is one of the key advantages expressed by pros for Mirage as it can penetrate enemy area and can return at high speeds so may be able to out run chasing enemy jets in war scenario. The speed of JF17 block -III is rumored to be over Mach 2, meanwhile high service ceiling do have merits as F15 enjoys high service ceiling benefits which one of the most successful multi role jet. The Mirage 2000 of India is even has ability to attack with ammo at high altitudes, when old Indian jets struggled during Kargil war Mirage 2000 were called and they were quite successful due to number of factors i.e ability to attack ground targets accurately from high altitude and even if comes at low altitude has much better defensive gadgets to counter Man pads.

I humbly request you for knowledge sake that if u differ from above points then please explain a little bit .

The qualities expressed especially high speed at low altitude is one of the key advantages expressed by pros for Mirage as it can penetrate enemy area and can return at high speeds so may be able to out run chasing enemy jets in war scenario. The speed of JF17 block -III is rumored to be over Mach 2, meanwhile high service ceiling do have merits as F15 enjoys high service ceiling benefits which one of the most successful multi role jet. The Mirage 2000 of India is even has ability to attack with ammo at high altitudes, when old Indian jets struggled during Kargil war Mirage 2000 were called and they were quite successful due to number of factors i.e ability to attack ground targets accurately from high altitude and even if comes at low altitude has much better defensive gadgets to counter Man pads.

I humbly request you for knowledge sake that if u differ from above points then please explain a little bit .

Its not about speed - its about range.
Low altitude ingress does not necessarily require high speeds, but because air density is higher at low altitude prolonged flight at low altitude will consume a higher amount of fuel - greatly reducing range. The Mirage with it's high wing sweep will encounter less drag than the JF-17 and will fly further. Also, I doubt the JF-17 will hit Mach 2 at any altitude.

Its not about speed - its about range.
Low altitude ingress does not necessarily require high speeds, but because air density is higher at low altitude prolonged flight at low altitude will consume a higher amount of fuel - greatly reducing range. The Mirage with it's high wing sweep will encounter less drag than the JF-17 and will fly further. Also, I doubt the JF-17 will hit Mach 2 at any altitude.

Sir, in simple words which qualities should be there in a strike Jet in case of Indo-Pak expected conflict?

Sir, in simple words which qualities should be there in a strike Jet in case of Indo-Pak expected conflict?

You will have to give me more input. In the broad terms you framed the question - a stealth B-2 Spirit , lots of payload, lots of range and virtually undetectable. Go anywhere, bomb anything.

Hi,

When striking ground targets from high altitudes---you don't fly in high---you fly in low---. Because higher you fly---the easier it is for the enemy to detect you---.

The lower you fly---the farther the enemy assets have to come out of their domain to detect you---. And the farther they come out---they make themselves vulnerable to your assets---.

You go in flying low---and pop up at the designated spot---release your standoff weapons from 200 miles away and be gone---.

So---as we cannot get the B2 bomber or anything like it---we need to find an aircraft that has engines built for low flight for better fuel consumption---.

To get into the enemy ground territory to strike at ground targets won't be easy this time due to longer range SA missiles---.

The other option left is to attack them from the sea---you can stay farther away from the enemy SA batteries---when the enemy comes out to chase you---your assets can hit them from the flank---.

The mirage 3 / 5 is the best assets to use the alcm's at this time.

Hi,

Pakistan needs dedicated naval air strike and air combat force on a serious note---. Just like the pak navy got caught sleeping on the job till the indian sub decided to pop up---similar is the case with pak air force regarding the protection of pakistan's arabian sea and indian ocean areas---.

Pakistan needs air superiority and counter air strike aircraft based at Pasni and karachi to protect the area and then strike at the enemy as well---.

Would the BLK B of the JF17 series be able to provide naval strike capabilities---is the Paf thinking of the Blk B for that role---it would be interesting to know---.

92466572_10158262572694919_2016035396516839424_o.jpg

I have a basic question.

In a twin fighter jet, what are the core responsibilities of the second pilot? I recall reading war stores from Anayat Allah, I learned the second pilot used to be Navigator which after the availability of interactive maps - is not a need anymore. So what tasks are divided between the front and the rare pilot of JF-17B?

Will a single-seat jet with equal capabilities against a twin-seat jet be at a disadvantage?

Back
Top Bottom