What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

what is

Definition of ferry range ??
bro listen that briefing by Chief designer of JF-17 in Dubai airshow the ferry range which he quoted was only with 3 drop tanks nothing else

to me this 2000 figure seems related to some other configuration not with standard 3 drop tank load especially if recall the pic of JF-17 with supersonic fuel tank
09-109 (New fuel tanks for super sonic flight regime)-2.jpg

plz keep in mind as per JF-17 brochure distributed in IDEAS-2014 JF-17 range only with internal fuel is 1800 km
JF-17 specifications (Ideas 2014)2.jpg

and as per Dubai airshow-2019 its 2000 km
JF-17 specifications (Dubai Airshow-2019).jpg

following pic shows 1200 NM (~2,222 Km) figure which I think exhibited in Islamabad in some exhibition related to Pakistan and Turkey defence products in 2019
JF-17 specifications.jpg

so 2,000 Km might no be with the standard 3 drop tank configuration ....

Ferry range means the maximum range the aircraft can fly. This usually means maximum fuel load, optionally with extra fuel tanks and minimum equipment. It refers to transport of aircraft without any passengers or cargo.
I know but the question is PAC is following the standard definition .... ???

bro listen that briefing by Chief designer of JF-17 in Dubai airshow the ferry range which he quoted was only with 3 drop tanks nothing else

to me this 2000 figure seems related to some other configuration not with standard 3 drop tank load especially if recall the pic of JF-17 with supersonic fuel tank
View attachment 624494

plz keep in mind as per JF-17 brochure distributed in IDEAS-2014 JF-17 range only with internal fuel is 1800 km
View attachment 624495

View attachment 624500
following pic shows 1200 NM (~2,222 Km) figure which I think exhibited in Islamabad in some exhibition related to Pakistan and Turkey defence products in 2019
View attachment 624496

Ferry range by definition is all internal / external fuel load range so max range for ferry flight (transport flight)

Meaning all 3 tanks which according to Chinese is 3000 km while pac is stating 2000 Km

My point is pac got it wrong even today it’s website has typo of max external load of 3400 pounds ??

Ferry range on pac Website is Listed 1880 Nm which comes to 3400 km
Bottomline someone messed up some where

Last edited:
Hi,

The question needs to be asked is---what is the significance of " Ferry Range " what is the big deal---why is there a big deal being made out of it.

It has nothing to do with combat---. It is just ferrying the aircraft from one place to another---no weapons load---at sub sonic speeds---.

In case of war, if PAF needs to relocate assets from one region to another, the ferry range depicts how easy and quick it would be to do so. With the given ferry range, thunders can be moved from any airbase to any other airbase within Pakistan in one non-stop flight.

Hi,

The question needs to be asked is---what is the significance of " Ferry Range " what is the big deal---why is there a big deal being made out of it.

It has nothing to do with combat---. It is just ferrying the aircraft from one place to another---no weapons load---at sub sonic speeds---.

View attachment 624494

View attachment 624495

View attachment 624500
View attachment 624496

The poster mention a French oxygen regulation system, so does JF 17 have OBOGS systems?

In case of war, if PAF needs to relocate assets from one region to another, the ferry range depicts how easy and quick it would be to do so. With the given ferry range, thunders can be moved from any airbase to any other airbase within Pakistan in one non-stop flight.

Hi,

Ferry range is there by default for a fighter aircraft---it is not something that is looked into---.

It is not even considered in designing and manufacturing of a fighter aircraft---either primarily or secondarily---as it has no function in its primary utility---.

It is a BY PRODUCT ---like---this is our combat radius and looks like the ferry range comes out this.

Just like a horse---no one is interested how far can a horse walk on a trot---the only thing of interest is how far and how fast the horse can run.

View attachment 624494

View attachment 624495

View attachment 624500
View attachment 624496

The Americans would never allow u to integrate AMRAAM's or Jdam's on the JF.17,whomever made this brochure was being too optimistic and needs a reality check.

The Americans would never allow u to integrate AMRAAM's or Jdam's on the JF.17,whomever made this brochure was being too optimistic and needs a reality check.
AMRAAM and JDAM are used as acronym not for AIM-120 or US JADAM kits ....

They won't help us do it, but if do it ourselves, they can't do jack about it.

They can stop supporting the current fleet of F-16s.

And do we even have enough AMRAAMs to deploy them on Thunders.

You cannot simply take a US missile and fit it on a Chinese fighter!
In the same way, the PLAAF barely integrated their own weapons on the Russian fighters like Su-27, Su-30 (which it only did a few years ago).

You cannot simply take a US missile and fit it on a Chinese fighter!
In the same way, the PLAAF barely integrated their own weapons on the Russian fighters like Su-27, Su-30 (which it only did a few years ago).

Yes you can.

upload_2020-4-19_7-49-56.png

A chinese built version (Shenyang J-6) of a Russian Jet (MIG-19 Farmer) modified by Pakistan Air Force loaded with US made AIM-9 Sidewinder

(Granted AMRAAM on Thunder is apples to oranges with this pic)

i.e. nearly impossible.

Back
Top Bottom