Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
View attachment f5c49ae35e71ed628ce3f1346fa4aeb6.jpg

View attachment 9817f5fe6e5fcb99b5050fa124b93f3b.jpg

View attachment 1af8d19631b543f8d4a009b04b0c265c.jpg

0c3416d68c24407f6e9b48c2ab7b3179.jpg

Waoo.... this is way above expectations. :pakistan:
Pakistan's aviation industry is setting some high standards!
Can't wait to see it in the air.

Best wishes and my prays for the success of the project.

WOW. Is this design from the PAC end or the Chinese aviation industry. I mean was this design produced by PAC(Pakistani) engineers or Chinese engineers. Will the prototypes be made by Pakistan first or China. But just for the record, the plane looks really good.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

WOW. Is this design from the PAC end or the Chinese aviation industry. I mean was this design produced by PAC(Pakistani) engineers or Chinese engineers. Will the prototypes be made by Pakistan first or China. But just for the record, the plane looks really good.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Dude I think this is a fanboy design. Don't get too excited.

Important is that Pakistan would be making it with all rights of manufacturing and development and which will continue with usual astronomical pace. This is only possible when you have not used any shortcuts and have the real basic knowledge of every phase of design and component.
As an example next door they are struggling with fighter jet project and don't have any indigenous know how so they always be dependent on world's geo political situation or events like 9/11 for their development.

Off course obove pictures are computer generated but development of JF-17 is going on as we speak and we expect design changes on similar grounds.
I remember either Haider or Munir have explained the look of modified JF-17 in other thread and it looks similar.
Lets wait we'll know it all when it will be revealed in couple of years.

sorry guys i hav little knowledge abt jf-17,can u brief me on pakistans contributionto this........the only contribution i know till date is the hud.........and even if it is codeveloped most systems are chinese so it must be called licensed production right or else even su-30mki has to be called indegenous.

sorry guys i hav little knowledge abt jf-17,can u brief me on pakistans contributionto this........the only contribution i know till date is the hud.........and even if it is codeveloped most systems are chinese so it must be called licensed production right or else even su-30mki has to be called indegenous.
the JF-17 is an extension of the Sabre II program that the Chinese were supposed to develop with American help. that was dropped after the Tiananmen Square incident.

much later, Pakistan joined hands with China and revived the project. Pakistan had its own share in the development of the JF-17 besides funding. the avionics of the aircraft greatly improved due to PAF expertise, CAC decided to improve the J-10 based on JF-17's cockpit.

the current airframe is nothing like the Sabre-II. Pakistani engineers can be given credit, but PAF requirements also gave a sense of direction for the project. Neo is more knowledgeable with these things, he's personally met some of the crew. You can see the clipped-delta wing design that was taken from the F-16, pakistani engineers can be given credit.

this can't be compared to HAL and Su-30MKI, the JF-17 was co-developed. Pakistan is, more importantly, trying to manufacture aircraft from raw materials. i've talked with a lot of people and we do have people capable of designing aircraft. however, we lack funding, manufacturing, and advanced metallurgy. manufacturing is not as simple as people think it to be, it needs to be done with precision all the way down to the micron.

as for the pictures above, let's just say this thing is not too far off. it may be closer than we think. don't ask me more, my lips are sealed.;)

the JF-17 is an extension of the Sabre II program that the Chinese were supposed to develop with American help. that was dropped after the Tiananmen Square incident.

much later, Pakistan joined hands with China and revived the project. Pakistan had its own share in the development of the JF-17 besides funding. the avionics of the aircraft greatly improved due to PAF expertise, CAC decided to improve the J-10 based on JF-17's cockpit.

the current airframe is nothing like the Sabre-II. Pakistani engineers can be given credit, but PAF requirements also gave a sense of direction for the project. Neo is more knowledgeable with these things, he's personally met some of the crew. You can see the clipped-delta wing design that was taken from the F-16, pakistani engineers can be given credit.

this can't be compared to HAL and Su-30MKI, the JF-17 was co-developed. Pakistan is, more importantly, trying to manufacture aircraft from raw materials. i've talked with a lot of people and we do have people capable of designing aircraft. however, we lack funding, manufacturing, and advanced metallurgy. manufacturing is not as simple as people think it to be, it needs to be done with precision all the way down to the micron.

as for the pictures above, let's just say this thing is not too far off. it may be closer than we think. don't ask me more, my lips are sealed.;)

hope pak can take advantage of this success and build its own capabilities in design,development, testing and come out with futuristic jets,bcoz when israel,israel a smaller nation could do these things why cant pakistan or india...the key word is infrastructure and expertise but i expect more difficulty on pakistani side bcoz it has not developed a single jet all by itself but india has tried and is looks to be moving after a long time delay in sanctioning the project but the next step will be easier for india as it has more comprehensive design and test facilities........pak has to do alot in setting up test infrastructure coz it is very vital for fighter development and not depend on china afterall there r no permanant friends but only permanent interests.

above pic are computer generated, looks more like a F-16 rather than jf-17.

i dont understand this, the joint project of pak and china to produce a fighter jet is over!!, is this project still going on and running if i am wrong??, or this project is halted for a moment, and is pakistani govt funding for developing these planes with china, without this info, i dont take it more than a mere fun for pakistani enthusiasts!!!

i dont understand this, the joint project of pak and china to produce a fighter jet is over!!, is this project still going on and running if i am wrong??, or this project is halted for a moment, and is pakistani govt funding for developing these planes with china, without this info, i dont take it more than a mere fun for pakistani enthusiasts!!!

were in you comma?? or something..?? JF-17 has already been inducted in PAF though currently in test phase.. end of this year PAF will receive first fully capable combat squadron... paskitan has supported financially and technically for this project and has export wrights in fact azerbijan has placed an order of 26 from pakistan.. PAF has inetially ordered 150 in service by 2014 and by 2015-17 a newer version could be expected with upgraded features... this is what the concept is all about.. considering LCA 3rd tranche will be equiped with AESA radar so i think PAF will counter this threat with induction of new version of 100 JF-17..

were in you comma?? or something..?? JF-17 has already been inducted in PAF though currently in test phase.. end of this year PAF will receive first fully capable combat squadron... paskitan has supported financially and technically for this project and has export wrights in fact azerbijan has placed an order of 26 from pakistan.. PAF has inetially ordered 150 in service by 2014 and by 2015-17

now, here i mean the concept plane buddy!!

a newer version could be expected with upgraded features... this is what the concept is all about.. considering LCA 3rd tranche will be equiped with AESA radar so i think PAF will counter this threat with induction of new version of 100 JF-17..

now, it came to my knowledge tht by the completion of jf-17 the project bw pak china joint fighter was over, i dont know if this project of building "new planes" as the pics of concept plane above suggests, i dont know if there is a new version of jf-17 comming shortly!!!

let me know if u know anything abt it.

Back
Top Bottom