What's new

JF-17II (concept)

now, here i mean the concept plane buddy!!

now, it came to my knowledge tht by the completion of jf-17 the project bw pak china joint fighter was over, i dont know if this project of building "new planes" as the pics of concept plane above suggests, i dont know if there is a new version of jf-17 comming shortly!!!

let me know if u know anything abt it.

but when the lca comes out with new engines and aesa(captor or elta-2052) in 2013 pak has to have an equivalent and not a metal airframe with smokey engines and dual flyby wire with decent radars and weapons.

but when the lca comes out with new engines and aesa(captor or elta-2052) in 2013 pak has to have an equivalent and not a metal airframe with smokey engines and dual flyby wire with decent radars and weapons.

now your point about new engines seems to be ok (depending who wins GE 414 or eurojet) but the AESA radar? do you have any proof what u r saying. This sort of sentences doesn't help the discussions and just start an unnecessary debate. Please prove your point with a valid link about AESA radar

So lets just say that these are the pictures of the modified version of the JF-17 and this plane will come into service in like a decade or so. What will be new features in regards to avionics, thrust vectoring, engine performance, and other capabilities.

Can someone please shed some light on this.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

So lets just say that these are the pictures of the modified version of the JF-17 and this plane will come into service in like a decade or so. What will be new features in regards to avionics, thrust vectoring, engine performance, and other capabilities.

Can someone please shed some light on this.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

in a decade:what:then u must be going for internal weapon bays rather than external ones(it also improves range) but it will become more heavy so which engine will you using a m-88-3:cheesy:

buddy first LCA has to pass IOC and FOC before 2014... around 2024 will their be any LCA flying with AESA and Kavir..

buddy first LCA has to pass IOC and FOC before 2014... around 2024 will their be any LCA flying with AESA and Kavir..

2014 means around 5-6 years more and it is use less to talk about LCA today.
American AESA may need 2 Kavir engines than it may not be LCA any more.

in a decade:what:then u must be going for internal weapon bays rather than external ones(it also improves range) but it will become more heavy so which engine will you using a m-88-3:cheesy:

I am asking for all this information. I would like to know what engine will or might be used and etc.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

I am asking for all this information. I would like to know what engine will or might be used and etc.:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Dear Sir, It is expected that only maximum 150 JF-17 will be inducted and after it will be Thunder II and by this theory it should be a matter of 3-4 years.
Hope fully Thunder II will be having WS-13 engine which has more thrust than RD-93 and has more service life.
The changes in frame as you see are in direction of stealth and hope fully there will be better local radar available. All other elements FBW and aviation is all digital, already.
There will be HMS and bubble hud and data linked with local AWACS.
This is more than enough upgrade if we comapre it with F-16 upgrades.

buddy i was not mentioning about kaveri but ge-414 or ej-200 by 2012 .by 2010 it will be getting ioc after the first squadron with ge in20 and elta-2032 radars and by 2012 foc with new engine(dont say that i heard these before and it may happened)because the engine is the only problem ,testing is going to be done with consultancy from european agencies.for kaveris approval ,development,testing,certification,testing on lca will take more time and till then they will be equiped with the new engine.after foc it may have a scaled foriegn aesa(captor,elta,apg-79 depends on winner) which can later be indegenised by post 2020.the IAF has vehemently said that it wont be inducting a new plane with anything less than an aesa.this is wat is goin to happen and please dont ask me for any links my posts are being deleted here for going out of topic,please contiue your jf-17 thread.

Dear Sir, It is expected that only maximum 150 JF-17 will be inducted and after it will be Thunder II and by this theory it should be a matter of 3-4 years.
Hope fully Thunder II will be having WS-13 engine which has more thrust than RD-93 and has more service life.
The changes in frame as you see are in direction of stealth and hope fully there will be better local radar available. All other elements FBW and aviation is all digital, already.
There will be HMS and bubble hud and data linked with local AWACS.
This is more than enough upgrade if we comapre it with F-16 upgrades.

sir but 3-4 years is too short,considering that it will be an immensly changed airframe and a new engine then first the protoypes have to fly and the testing process has to be done from the start it will take more time and it is an expensive process.but rather modern jets are evolved only by changing the software and not hardware for example f-16i,f-16e/f,gripen NG,mig-35,su-35 have just increased only in size but the basic design is the same but lot is changed in radar,avionics,engines and enhanced airframe materials,weapons and i expect the same changes to the jf-17 in the next 3-4 years instead of cool stealthy models like the one posted here.if you go for a new one then pak must go for f-35 or another joint project with china (because seperate project is not a viable option)till then these improved jf-17 can keep the production lines busy.correct me if i am wrong:cool:

sir but 3-4 years is too short,considering that it will be an immensly changed airframe and a new engine then first the protoypes have to fly and the testing process has to be done from the start it will take more time and it is an expensive process.but rather modern jets are evolved only by changing the software and not hardware for example f-16i,f-16e/f,gripen NG,mig-35,su-35 have just increased only in size but the basic design is the same but lot is changed in radar,avionics,engines and enhanced airframe materials,weapons and i expect the same changes to the jf-17 in the next 3-4 years instead of cool stealthy models like the one posted here.if you go for a new one then pak must go for f-35 or another joint project with china (because seperate project is not a viable option)till then these improved jf-17 can keep the production lines busy.correct me if i am wrong:cool:

Pakistan cannot go for the F-35 as it will not be available to Pakistan anytime soon. Going with the Chinese is an option however the JF-17 program will not be abandoned. Pakistan is already sponsoring the twin seat version of the JF-17 and therefore one can expect block 2 to take a completely new dimension. Remember Pakistan does not enjoy the options that are currently available to India and to maintain some parity Pakistan needs to work on her own resources.

Pakistan cannot go for the F-35 as it will not be available to Pakistan anytime soon. Going with the Chinese is an option however the JF-17 program will not be abandoned. Pakistan is already sponsoring the twin seat version of the JF-17 and therefore one can expect block 2 to take a completely new dimension. Remember Pakistan does not enjoy the options that are currently available to India and to maintain some parity Pakistan needs to work on her own resources.

i know,the 2 seater version seems to be good it can be used for strikes and ew but about the block-2 version may have a completely new dimension in software, avionics ,airframe materials,engine,radar,weapons but extensive design and hardware changes will be expensive,even USN created a new strike platform super hornet based on the smaller hornets airframe,i am saying that changes similar to that are likely ,but completely new airframe:undecided:i am sceptical.and i never said that it is going to be abandoned,jf-17 is a proven platform and paf will try to buil its strength around it till the next decade but a completely new aircraft on its own seems economically not viable but a jv with china is,150 may be produced with the plane evolving in every batch and it will continue to evolve and the last batch may have very advanced 5th gen tech(like gripen NG) but the plane cannot be called fifth gen and after that paf can make a transition to next generation platform by 2018-20.correct me if i am wrong.

Friend you haven't got any know how of a fighter Aircraft with due respect . The metal frame and smoky engine can take on f-16 Block 40 without any problems. LCA is no match for Thunder yes A match between the SU-30 vs JF-17 right now SU with its radar might have an edge over it, the same scenario will change when we get the right stuff in the future lots. Just because the plane is made by China and Pakistan doesn't mean that the quality is bad.

Friend you haven't got any know how of a fighter Aircraft with due respect . The metal frame and smoky engine can take on f-16 Block 40 without any problems. LCA is no match for Thunder yes A match between the SU-30 vs JF-17 right now SU with its radar might have an edge over it, the same scenario will change when we get the right stuff in the future lots. Just because the plane is made by China and Pakistan doesn't mean that the quality is bad.

senor you also seem to have very little knowledge in aviation.you just cant say tejas is no match for jf-17 justify your argument.lca has a very unstable delta wing,4channel flyby wire,composites,it has so much western influence,good avionics,radar(elta-2052) of course under powered but the path looks clear for new engine.you have any link for f-16 blk40 vs jf-17.if it is so good then why you go for f-16(sorry begging),i dint expect this from you being a think tank,that reply of mine is just a move to stoke up argument ,but didnt expect you.jf-17 has metal airframe,2channel flyby wire which is bad for maneuvrability,jf-17 has higher wingloading than tejas.
please reply

senor you also seem to have very little knowledge in aviation.you just cant say tejas is no match for jf-17 justify your argument.lca has a very unstable delta wing,4channel flyby wire,composites,it has so much western influence,good avionics,radar(elta-2052) of course under powered but the path looks clear for new engine.you have any link for f-16 blk40 vs jf-17.if it is so good then why you go for f-16(sorry begging),i dint expect this from you being a think tank,that reply of mine is just a move to stoke up argument ,but didnt expect you.jf-17 has metal airframe,2channel flyby wire which is bad for maneuvrability,jf-17 has higher wingloading than tejas.
please reply

Although your post is not directed towards me and hence i will not reply to the whole but just one bit. The person whom you are talking to and claiming him having lack of knowledge in aviation, a reality check for you he's an ex PAF pilot and he has much much more knowledge then we internet fans will ever have.

Back
Top Bottom