What's new

JF-17II (concept)

pakistan air force had good pilots.i read in history.

they were trained by americans and learned.israeli pilots also respect them but i heard in time they lost edge while us,israel,india pilots were studying modern tactics and training machines,planes, simulator paf was left behind because of neglect of government and official and finance problem.

it is said that israeli train indian and indian also train indian pilots in what they know.

it is sad that you pilots didnt continue from 1965,1971.

Are you for real ?? And are you here on some kind of a mission to sell Indian/Israili/USAF airforces while ridiculing the PAF?? In your last post you came up with a baseless allegation that all PAFs kills were missile ones….:tsk:

Having addressed that query, now you have come up with something more childish ….I cant makeup my mind to reply you because you might come up with something more foolish after that…..I surrender to be part of your childplay because I don’t have much time to waste on you imprudent hypothesis…….:disagree:

Guys its no Israeli member.. It is the same multiple ID Indian scum bag.. jaison / lovemessy / levi eshkol. Ignore please.

they were trained by americans and learned.israeli pilots also respect them but i heard in time they lost edge while us,israel,india pilots were studying modern tactics and training machines,planes, simulator paf was left behind because of neglect of government and official and finance problem.

it is said that israeli train indian and indian also train indian pilots in what they know.

no thats not right.. as recent as 1990s west has been admiring PAF training..

"As an air defence analyst, I am fully aware that the Pakistan Air
Force ranks today as one of the best air forces in the world and that
the PAF Combat Commanders' School (CCS) in Sargodha has been ranked
as the best GCI/pilot and fighter tactics and weapons school in the
world". As one senior US defence analyst commented to me in 1991, "it
leaves Topgun (the US Naval Air Station in Miramar, California) far
behind".
-Sergey Vekhov
May 1993 issue (pages 46-47) of Airforces Monthly, a reputable
UK-based air defence magazine.

The PAF, although outnumbered by IAF(Indian Air Force), has at least
one qualitative edge over its rival: Pilot Training. The caliber of
Pakistani instructors is acknowledged by numerous air forces, and US
Navy pilots considered them to be highly 'professional' during
exercises flying off the USS Constellation (as co-pilots).

-Jane's International Defense (June 24, 1998)

PAF pilots are still trained by USAF on regular bases and over time evolved their own tactics... PAF training is not only dependent on USAF in fact back in 1979 exercise PAF F-6 scored couple of kills on F-15...

oh really? if PAF pilots lost their edge then how comes they owned the Israeli Air Force in the yom kippur war?

Getting back on topic do you guys think that this 3d image could become the JF-17 block II. And what ever happened to the two seater version of the JF-17?

Getting back on topic do you guys think that this 3d image could become the JF-17 block II. And what ever happened to the two seater version of the JF-17?

Two seat version is a reality though i am not sure about its exact status but some time back there was a report that Pakistan will finance the two seat version of the JF-17. As for the new block and how exactly will it look like, different people have different opinion but at the end its all speculation and what in reality will it look like only time will tell.

Thanks for that IceCold:agree: In my opinion the newer JF-17 should incorperate dog tooth frontal flaps and add in carbon fiber parts to increase thrust to weight ratio. Hopefully we will also include a better radar as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for that IceCold:agree: In my opinion the newer JF-17 should incorperate dog tooth frontal flaps and add in carbon fiber parts to increase thrust to weight ratio. Hopefully we will also include a better radar as well.

Not carbon fiber but composite materials in order to decrease the over all weight and achieve higher thrust to weight ratio. The most important factor that is currently required is to increase the hard points and an engine change from the RD-93 to WS-13 and i assume as stated by the ACM that the work is going on to increase the hard points from 7 to 9. Radar will certainly be an AESA after the initial order is completed.

Not carbon fiber but composite materials in order to decrease the over all weight and achieve higher thrust to weight ratio. The most important factor that is currently required is to increase the hard points and an engine change from the RD-93 to WS-13 and i assume as stated by the ACM that the work is going on to increase the hard points from 7 to 9. Radar will certainly be an AESA after the initial order is completed.

icecold sir...i wanna know abt the difference between rd-93 and ws-13?also sir are we going to switch to chinese engine just because of the availibility factor or is ws-13 more powerful as compared to russian one?

icecold sir...i wanna know abt the difference between rd-93 and ws-13?also sir are we going to switch to chinese engine just because of the availibility factor or is ws-13 more powerful as compared to russian one?

Rd-93 will most probibly power first 150 JF-17s 13000-18300 lb of thrust... then last 100 jf-17s will be equipped with more powerful engine 20000+lb (full thrust) WS-13 which is a development of al-31 "i suppose"...

All Fighters MM took down they were gun kills. We had a very few kills with SW because it couldn't take more than 1.5 gs.

Why not Carbon Fibre???

Carbon Fibre is 3 times lighter than steel and more than 2 times stronger.

carbon Fibre can be used in areas like Tail, Cockpit and outer layer of Aircraft to reduce the weight of aircraft significantly.

U talking about AESA radar, Is there any option available?? and can JF-17 house and Big AESA radar??

Back
Top Bottom