What's new

Jinnah class guided missile frigate has entered detailed design phase, after completion of conceptual design phase

Respected members kindly stick to the thread & avoid to derail it.

Thanks...

Don't try to derail the thread as we are talking about JCF design & its specifications....
Are you alright? Where I have gone away in this comment. I am sticking to exactly topic.

Are you alright? Where I have gone away in this comment. I am sticking to exactly topic.

Referring to your subsequent post in which you addressed the individual who was attempting to derail or otherwise spoil the discussion ...
Exactly. India is building that capability our Ships and Submarines should have capability to strike Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kochi and other Indian cities with dozens of cruise missiles

Images from different sides ....

1694980541558.png

1694980584528.png

1694980968439.png

Siper B2 missiles (150x30km) is a potent system but has not yet undergone extensive testing and is not yet in service as quad pack in MIDLAS, but with the aforementioned range, it will unquestionably be out perform CAMM-ER.
Better to have a Turkish missile on a Turkish design origin warship. Never know when resupply could be cut off with the CAMM-ER.

Better to have a Turkish missile on a Turkish design origin warship. Never know when resupply could be cut off with the CAMM-ER.

One thing is certain: JCF, like the Babur and Yarmook classes and the planned MLU for F22Ps, will combine European, Turkish, and Chinese weapon and sensor systems with indigenous ones as well.

If all goes as planned, the first JCF class ship would be launched somewhere in 2025; therefore, it is certain that by then, Siper B2 with MIDLAS will have matured enough to be incorporated into JCF.

Mash'Allah, we need to do more Joint Ventures with China. Get nuclear submarines from China as well.\

Fvck USA and UK.

One thing is certain: JCF, like the Babur and Yarmook classes and the planned MLU for F22Ps, will combine European, Turkish, and Chinese weapon and sensor systems with indigenous ones as well.

If all goes as planned, the first JCF class ship would be launched somewhere in 2025; therefore, it is certain that by then, Siper B2 with MIDLAS will have matured enough to be incorporated into JCF.
European systems should be kept at a minimum because by their very export nature are known elements that can have countermeasures more easily developed against them. Turkish, Chinese and Indigenous systems are an unknown to would be adversaries.

Well, the kid is again asserting his wishlist. How on earth its even possible that first JCF can be launched in 2025 ? No Steel cutting ceremony, no kneel laying ceremony, and a random person is assuming that a warship will be launched in just a year or so later. LMAO! You do these things and when I give you a little reference (history) you say topic is being derailed. You are feeding wrong facts and impossible timelines.

Hangors are being constructed, the patrol boats are being constructed and Last of Baburs will still be under work in most of 2025. There's no resources to launch a frigate (first of JCF) by 2025.
Here's a perspective that will give you the idea of timelines. PN did steel cutting of a ~600 ton Azmat class in December 2016 and it was launched in November 2019. 3 years it took them for a mere 600 ton ship. If we are lucky than we may see launch of first JCF towards the end of this decade. (2028-30)

Now don't respond with personal attacks (which infact derails the topic) but respond with facts and your sources about first JCF to launch "somewhere" in 2025.

Since a poster misunderstood what I stated, let me clarify. I meant to say that the construction will take place in Turkey, and the timeline (late 2025 - launching date) is entirely reasonable if steel cutting starts in late 2024.

Hope this suffice someone...

"Its hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always takes things literally."

1695018592573.png

If the PN can modify its AShM and land attack cruise missiles for VLS compatibility, they could install a larger number instead of the quad or triple launchers. In fact, all missile types should be VLS compatible for ease of reloading and efficient use of space.

Kindly refer to my following post....

It might be interesting. While we are fairly certain that the quad pack CAMM-ER/MR with Sylver-A50 VLS system would be the best option for frontal VLS.

Though unsure which type/system will be chosen for the center's VLS long-range AshM. This will depend on whether the PN chooses indigenous, Chinese or Turkish options. However, really like to see CM-302 in slant launchers.

To further elaborate my aforementioned post, following are the Possibilities:

For front VLS (32 cells) AD role, either one from below -
  • Quad pack CAMM-ER/MR (10 x 80-100km) with Sylver-A50/70
  • Quad pack Siper B2 (30 x 150km) with MIDLAS

For center VLS (32 cells) Strike role, either mix of below or one of them -
  • Indigenous - P282 (under development, no specifications released yet)
  • Turkish - ATMACA (AShCM - range 250km)
  • Chinese - CM 302 (export version of YJ-12, range 250 - 400km)

For slant Launchers (2x4 or 4x4) Strike role -
  • Either one from above AShCM, all depends on compatibility.

Last edited:
CAMM-ER is a wholly Italian product so should be fine.
It might be interesting. While we are fairly certain that the quad pack CAMM-ER/MR with Sylver-A50 VLS system would be the best option for frontal VLS.

Though unsure which type/system will be chosen for the center's VLS long-range AshM. This will depend on whether the PN chooses indigenous, Chinese or Turkish options. However, really like to see CM-302 in slant launchers.
I dont think there is any current plan for VLS launched AShM's- sort of.

I have a very good suspicion that P282 is a variant of YJ-21E. The original specifications also said it must be shipborne, its the most logical option. YJ-21E+VLS=P282. But, the PN seems to be deploying Harbah onboard their ships and are commutated to it by the way it looks. Perhaps what we could see is a mixed loadout? But that would require two independent VLS systems which makes me seem its unlikely. Im not actually sure how P282 and Harbah/SMASH go hand in hand, unless, the PN has plans for another ship type that is not disclosed yet(052DE?- but again i dont see this happening, its all VERY confusing)
Why not quad packed Siper B2 with MIDLAS?
View attachment 954250

Yes it was shown to be quad packable at IDEF. It is not currently in service but it has been test fired and will be used on board Istanbul class in the future. It should definitely be an option by the time JCF rolls out.
Siper B2 missiles (150x30km) is a potent system but has not yet undergone extensive testing and is not yet in service as quad pack in MIDLAS, but with the aforementioned range, it will unquestionably be out perform CAMM-ER.
I don't see Turkey as a long term partner, unfortunately, over there, it will be very dependant on who's in office. I can see another few decades of close cooperation while their industries are still in their fledgling stages, then when they start to chase larger, more lucrative contracts, political considerations will come into play and they will want to distance themselves from us unless something changes in our political standing on the global stage. Remember, money trumps all, this miskeen idea of turks doing this and that out of love is so so so naive, people forget, the Turks are after money, not too long ago they were chasing an Indian navy fleet tanker contract while others out there were chanting Turkey Pakistan Bhai Bhai lol.

I think CAMM-ER and Italy as a whole will remain reliable, our global image and rep is at its worst, yet even then, Italy is happy to work with us and offer us high end solutions, i cant see them withdrawing that support in the future. Like, we arent important enough to them and arent relevant enough so they are happy to secure easy uncontested contracts with us. This is also likely why Turkey is pushing for collaboration with us, simply because they know its a guaranteed contract.
IMO, JCF our own ship design should have the capability to carry our own home built land attack cruise missiles. (Variants of baburs perhaps..?) These ships will serve a long time in future and land attack capability is important role (targets on the shores, naval dockyards, ports). The introductory notes by captains of Tughril ships on their induction specially said that the ship is also capable for land attack. I could be wrong but It seems PN is keen to display or have this capability in future platforms including JCF.
Yes, they will be carrying Harbah
Once again, i think CAMM-ER is a very reliable option that wont be going anywhere

I dont think this will happen. I think what you should focus on is the Yarmook class, if like the graphics, theyre receiving non GWS26 VLS, then we can comfortably say that that will be the system found on the JCF, not the shrooms
1695037094599.png

CAMM-ER is a wholly Italian product so should be fine.

I dont think there is any current plan for VLS launched AShM's- sort of.

I have a very good suspicion that P282 is a variant of YJ-21E. The original specifications also said it must be shipborne, its the most logical option. YJ-21E+VLS=P282. But, the PN seems to be deploying Harbah onboard their ships and are commutated to it by the way it looks. Perhaps what we could see is a mixed loadout? But that would require two independent VLS systems which makes me seem its unlikely. Im not actually sure how P282 and Harbah/SMASH go hand in hand, unless, the PN has plans for another ship type that is not disclosed yet(052DE?- but again i dont see this happening, its all VERY confusing)

I don't see Turkey as a long term partner, unfortunately, over there, it will be very dependant on who's in office. I can see another few decades of close cooperation while their industries are still in their fledgling stages, then when they start to chase larger, more lucrative contracts, political considerations will come into play and they will want to distance themselves from us unless something changes in our political standing on the global stage. Remember, money trumps all, this miskeen idea of turks doing this and that out of love is so so so naive, people forget, the Turks are after money, not too long ago they were chasing an Indian navy fleet tanker contract while others out there were chanting Turkey Pakistan Bhai Bhai lol.

I think CAMM-ER and Italy as a whole will remain reliable, our global image and rep is at its worst, yet even then, Italy is happy to work with us and offer us high end solutions, i cant see them withdrawing that support in the future. Like, we arent important enough to them and arent relevant enough so they are happy to secure easy uncontested contracts with us. This is also likely why Turkey is pushing for collaboration with us, simply because they know its a guaranteed contract.

Yes, they will be carrying Harbah

Once again, i think CAMM-ER is a very reliable option that wont be going anywhere

I dont think this will happen. I think what you should focus on is the Yarmook class, if like the graphics, theyre receiving non GWS26 VLS, then we can comfortably say that that will be the system found on the JCF, not the shroomsView attachment 954405
Indeed, The Italians have been reliable suppliers to Pakistan. Hopefully it will continue, and they won’t be pressured down the line.

Since a poster misunderstood what I stated, let me clarify. I meant to say that the construction will take place in Turkey, and the timeline

Nothing harm in admitting. Good that you accepted. Its not just one poster who misunderstood, the term "launching the ship" has a very specific meaning. So posting images for "ignorance" or whatever were unnecessary or perhaps a self reflection. Whenever you say first of JCF will be launched in 2025 that means a milestone has completed.

On the other note, We'll get the idea about the JCF timelines once we hear steel cutting ceremony has taken place. For now, there's no official confirmation for that only assumptions.

I dont think this will happen. I think what you should focus on is the Yarmook class, if like the graphics, theyre receiving non GWS26 VLS, then we can comfortably say that that will be the system found on the JCF, not the shrooms
1695037094599.png

Are we going get the PDMS as seen in the graphics ? OR perhaps like Baburs it will be replaced by Aselsan GOKDENIZ ?

Nothing harm in admitting. Good that you accepted. Its not just one poster who misunderstood, the term "launching the ship" has a very specific meaning. So posting images for "ignorance" or whatever were unnecessary or perhaps a self reflection. Whenever you say first of JCF will be launched in 2025 that means a milestone has completed.

On the other note, We'll get the idea about the JCF timelines once we hear steel cutting ceremony has taken place. For now, there's no official confirmation for that only assumptions.

Are we going get the PDMS as seen in the graphics ? OR perhaps like Baburs it will be replaced by Aselsan GOKDENIZ ?
im suspecting itll be PMDS but thats just me reading into words too much

Back
Top Bottom