What's new

Just 1 minute for this

sak2

New Recruit

Reaction score
Okay everyone,please share your views but don't just start kicking my **** Im not against anything just wanna know.......I'm not that much experienced like you,just a young fellow,so please be calm.
The fact is I was surfing the net and came to know that world's top air forces allow fellows with weak eyesight correctable to 20/20 while some other air forces are still stuck with 20/20 without glasses.I couldn't understand.....if there's an excellent person with a little weak eyesight and a dumb one with 20/20,they'll sure go for the dumb one.
Let's assume an excellent person with a little weak eyesight.....
May be his chest structure,lungs and his body etc could bear a lot of G's but he's kicked out from the start due to minor weak eyesight without knowing his hidden capabilites.
Why dont they change their years and years old policy.......
And the second thing,is there a possibility to use corrective lenses/glasses on the front mirror of pilot's helmet?

you should eat

Almonds
In-Cup.jpg

and
recite this ayah as much as possible in ODD* numbers
Sūra II.: Baqara,
002_270.gif

270. Wama anfaqtum min nafaqatin aw nathartum min nathrin fa-inna Allaha yaAAlamuhu wama lilththalimeena min ansarin

270. And whatever ye spend
In charity or devotion,
Be sure God knows it all.
But the wrong-doers
Have no helpers.

odd-numbers-480x387.png

:pakistan:

Well it it just depends on the selection criteria of that particular Air Force.

I am sure a person with 20/20 eyesight even with glasses can fly a fighter as good as a person who does not need glasses.

During WWII many American pilots joined the British Air Force because its selection criteria was lower

And here is the case of Saburō Sakai, a Japanese one eyed WWII ace. He continued to fly even after losing eyesight in one eye.

Sakai_Cockpit_A5M.jpg

After his discharge from the hospital in January 1943, Sakai spent a year training new fighter pilots and young kamikaze pilots. With Japan clearly losing the air war, he prevailed upon his superiors to let him fly in combat again. In November 1943, Sakai was promoted to the rank of warrant officer (海軍准尉). In April 1944, he was transferred to Yokosuka Air Wing, which was deployed to Iwo Jima.

On 24 June 1944, Sakai approached a formation of 15 U.S. Navy Grumman fighters which he mistakenly assumed were friendly Japanese aircraft. In a chase that has become legendary, Sakai demonstrated his skill and experience. Despite his loss of one eye and facing superior enemy aircraft, Sakai eluded attacks by the Hellcats for more than 20 minutes, returning to his airfield untouched.

Well it it just depends on the selection criteria of that particular Air Force.

I am sure a person with 20/20 eyesight even with glasses can fly a fighter as good as a person who does not need glasses.

During WWII many American pilots joined the British Air Force because its selection criteria was lower

And here is the case of Saburō Sakai, a Japanese one eyed WWII ace. He continued to fly even after losing eyesight in one eye.

Sakai_Cockpit_A5M.jpg

well japanese of WW2 were other case, a pure kamekazi case rofl

You may try LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) /Laser treatment before appearing for the test. Then they wont know you had weak eyesight.

Well,improving eyesight was another thing but I want to know WHY they're still following 60 years old policies......
and what about my second question?

After LASIK,a person is permanently unfit in armed forces.

Back
Top Bottom