Maximum Area: 91 Kanals
Appartment Floors:20-25 (3 Towers)
Parking Capacity: 4,000 vehicles in 4 basements
Jobs Creation: 30,000
Cost: $500 Million + (unconfirmed)
Completion Date: 2010
Designed by: Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum
Ligthing by: Fisher Marantz Stone (FMS) - also working on Burj Dubai
Developers: Taavun (Pvt.) Ltd. - a JV between Dhabi Group of UAE & Govt. of the Punjab
Contractor:EMAAR

Special Feautres:

- One of the tallest building in Pakistan by its completion
- 60+ storey main tower; visible even from Wagha Border
- 5-Star Grand Hyatt Hotel
- Multiple appartment blocks managed by Hyatt Residency
- Conference seating capacity of 5,000+
- Pakistan's first Ice Rink
- Exclusive shopping mall
- Corporate offices, mini cinemas
- Overhead covered bridge connection with the Qaddafi Stadium

Regards
Wilco

Pakistan needs to grow "up", instead of continuing to "sprawl" - especially in the cities.

If designed properly, these buildings can be marvels of efficiency and conservation. Emulate New York City I say:
Mass transit use is the highest in the nation and gasoline consumption in the city is at the rate the national average was in the 1920s. New York City's dense population and low automobile dependence help make New York among the most energy efficient in the United States. The city's greenhouse gas emission levels are relatively low when measured per capita, at 7.1 metric tons per person,

New Yorkers are collectively responsible for one percent of the nation's total greenhouse gas emissions, though comprise 2.7% of the nation's population. The average New Yorker consumes less than half the electricity used by a resident of San Francisco and nearly one-quarter the electricity consumed by a resident of Dallas.

I like the design on KPT office & Commercial Towers but it doesn't seem a building can support that design.

What happened to the site urbanpakistan.com...it was great. Anyone know?

that 1947 tower design posted here is very old, they have changed it like 2 or 3 times now. No one knows which one is finalized though.

The complex construction hasn't started yet...

here is a new project in Islamabad.
Pakistan's very own World Trade Center
[YOUTUBE]oRPA1TkYV5E[/YOUTUBE]

You're welcome. :)
If you live in Islamabad please keep us informed about the progress.
Love to see more pictures :)

You're welcome. :)
If you live in Islamabad please keep us informed about the progress.
Love to see more pictures :)
im actually in Canada, i got these off another forum i am at. but i will keep updating here as things are updated there. :)

here are a few more of those pics, i didn't post them before because they were too big, but i will post them now.
a19255e2f9a7e628bf161a4eca003625.jpg

fda75bd6aeb245d60cde47b8ec859caf.jpg

0a34dcd85b6dc82e4c6510c11b7fc26b.jpg

these are back from october, and they have been working three 8 hour shifts day and night so it must be looking far better now.

wait whats is the difference between kpt tower and 1947 tower i thought they were the same so which will be the tallest in pakistan then ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom