What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

I am sorry, it means Buri Shakal Gum karoo.

I think this terminology 'fitay mooo' is our specific 'Urdu speakers' terminology. I, along with my family use it all the time as well. But it's not commonly heard by others.

KARACHI:
One of Karachi’s main political parties has claimed that a call for jihad against “Mohajirs” is being made from mosques in certain neighbourhoods. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s (MQM) press conference came on a second day of violence when at least four more men were gunned down in drive-by shootings. Most of the victims were hit in Qasba Colony, Orangi Town, where the mosque announcements were said to have been made.
“The extremists have been making announcements from mosques in Pashto, calling for ‘jihad’ against the Mohajirs [Urdu-speaking people] in Orangi Town and Qasba Colony,” said the MQM’s Qasim Ali Raza. “The MQM will not tolerate [this] and would not hesitate to retaliate with full force against the extremists.”
Raza was flanked by Wasay Jalil of the party. The men brought up the violence that has plagued Orangi Town, Qasba Colony, Aligarh Colony and surrounding neighbourhoods.
“Not everyone who speaks Pashto is necessarily a worker of the Awami National Party (ANP) but there are a few Pashto-speaking extremists who have called for jihad against the Mohajir,” said Jalil. “The peace and tranquillity is only conditioned by the political will of parties. Every political party must play a part to keep the peace.”
During the press conference, the MQM played a video of what it described as the Qasba and Orangi mosque announcements. There was no way to independently verify their content or the place where it was recorded.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 18th, 2011.

Sorry. Everyone has their own believes. I would consider myself as a Muslim then a Pakistani. But it wouldn't actually make a difference. And the passport says 'ISLAMIC republic of Pakistan' hence its all safe.

it makes a huge difference sir g , your priorities change big time try thinking in broader terms apply this nationally , we are 95% muslim country and the most observant of all .... Should Pakistan first as the youth keeps this land on the TOP SPOT things will change drastically. This confusion is kiling us.

KARACHI:
One of Karachi’s main political parties has claimed that a call for jihad against “Mohajirs” is being made from mosques in certain neighbourhoods. The Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s (MQM) press conference came on a second day of violence when at least four more men were gunned down in drive-by shootings. Most of the victims were hit in Qasba Colony, Orangi Town, where the mosque announcements were said to have been made.
“The extremists have been making announcements from mosques in Pashto, calling for ‘jihad’ against the Mohajirs [Urdu-speaking people] in Orangi Town and Qasba Colony,” said the MQM’s Qasim Ali Raza. “The MQM will not tolerate [this] and would not hesitate to retaliate with full force against the extremists.”
Raza was flanked by Wasay Jalil of the party. The men brought up the violence that has plagued Orangi Town, Qasba Colony, Aligarh Colony and surrounding neighbourhoods.
“Not everyone who speaks Pashto is necessarily a worker of the Awami National Party (ANP) but there are a few Pashto-speaking extremists who have called for jihad against the Mohajir,” said Jalil. “The peace and tranquillity is only conditioned by the political will of parties. Every political party must play a part to keep the peace.”
During the press conference, the MQM played a video of what it described as the Qasba and Orangi mosque announcements. There was no way to independently verify their content or the place where it was recorded.

Jihad against "Mohajirs". So are "Mohajirs" infidels as well now? Pathetic, pathetic people. These Mullahs are the reasons why FATA is in the state it is now.

So you still don't believe the innocence of Sarfaraz despite the video proof. Now I understand your psyche. You are blood thirsty person obviously you will support MQM due to its fascist and bloody regime in Karachi.

MQM is still termed as terrorist by media when its independent and too many channels are there who claims to be factual. :yahoo:

You are not able to get my point darling.

I said that Rangers are being trialed and Sarfraz is being called 'innocent' on the basis of Video proof. Had the camera not captured the entire incident, he would have been declared a 'terrorist'.

When MQM was declared terrorist there was no media and it was pre planned to wipe them out bcaz they stood up for their rights and discrimination against them. The same has been aired by the same media revealing the face of Nawaz Sharif responsible of thousands of extra judicial murders of Karachi people.

We love pashtuns and they are able to earn much from the karachi. It is people like you who have infiltrated in ANP to ruin the image of Pashtuns. ANP is real terrorist who call 'weapon' as their jewelry.

KARACHI:

couple of days back some one opened a thread on this religious places jihadi cermon , i got an infraction for not calling such a place mosque

A few people (not the most of the people though) get so brainwashed & blinded by the petty ethnic, political hate that they start waging Jihad against one another, & ask others to do so as well.

Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.

@ crown prince, You are receiving the bodies of innocents in Quetta.

We have also received bodies of our friends from Quetta who were going to Iran for Ziaraat, but your beloved ones attacked their bus leaving many dead and numerous injured. Can you tell me the reason why?

You cannot drive the vehicle in Quetta having number plate of any city of Punjab. My friend was posted in Quetta (Army) he had Lahore number car, he called me to tell the number of my car, and he used my number on his car as long as he remained posted there.

Can you explain why you kill people other than pashtuns, especially punjabis??

I don't get it. Are the Urdu speaking people following a different religion?? How can one call for a Jihad against someone who follows the same religion?

I don't get it. Are the Urdu speaking people following a different religion?? How can one call for a Jihad against someone who follows the same religion?

he didnt mean the Jihad of Mullah, he referred 'jihad' as cleansing operation against mohajirs.

In my opinion, that's the funny thing. They are so blinded by their petty ethnic, political hatred; that they made a completely non-religious issue into a religious 'Jihad' one, when Urdu speakers follow the same religion. This is stupid more than anything else, & shows their mental capacity (or the lack of it).

he didnt mean the Jihad of Mullah, he referred 'jihad' as cleansing operation against mohajirs.

Didn't know there was a difference. Either ways, it's a scary scenario to even imagine.

In my opinion, that's the funny thing. They are so blinded by their petty ethnic, political hatred; that they made a completely non-religious issue into a religious 'Jihad' one, when Urdu speakers follow the same religion.

It's surprising how easily these kind of people are able to garner support. I'd expect common people to be smarter than that.

Didn't know there was a difference. Either ways, it's a scary scenario to even imagine.

Not that scary there are some scum bag fundos who have managed to penetrate into the political scenrio .... very soon these scums will be sent to where they came from

It's surprising how easily these kind of people are able to garner support. I'd expect common people to be smarter than that.

The common people are much smarter than that, which is why the huge majority of Karachiites (from all ethnicities) are pro-MQM, & favor the progressive attitude of theirs, than the stupid Mullahs asking people to wage "Jihad" against people for reasons such as ethnic violence & politics, nothing to do with religion. No one will start a Jihad against Urdu speakers, they are well respected & appreciated in Karachi. It has more to do with the stupidity ('logic fail') of these Mullahs than anything else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom