What's new

Karzai threatens to join the Taliban

Gazzi

Reaction score
The Press Association: Karzai 'threatened to join Taliban'

-------------

Afghan President Hamid Karzai threatened over the weekend to quit the political process and join the Taliban if he continued to come under outside pressure to reform, according to several members of parliament.

They said that Karzai made the unusual statement at a closed-door meeting with selected lawmakers - just days after kicking up diplomatic controversy with remarks alleging foreigners were behind fraud in last year's disputed elections.

Lawmakers dismissed the latest comment as hyperbole, but it will add to the impression that the president - who relies on tens of thousands of US and Nato forces to fight the insurgency and prop up his government - is growing increasingly erratic and unable to exert authority without attacking his foreign backers.

"He said that 'if I come under foreign pressure, I might join the Taliban'," said Farooq Marenai, who represents the eastern province of Nangarhar.

"He said rebelling would change to resistance," Marenai said - apparently suggesting that the militant movement would then be redefined as one of resistance against a foreign occupation rather than a rebellion against an elected government.

Marenai said Karzai appeared nervous and repeatedly demanded to know why parliament last week had rejected legal reforms that would have strengthened the president's authority over the country's electoral institutions.

Two other lawmakers said Karzai twice raised the threat to join the insurgency.

The lawmakers said Karzai also dismissed concerns over possible damage his comments last week had caused to relations with the US. He told them he had already explained himself in a telephone conversation with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said that reports that Karzai threatened to abandon the political process and join the Taliban insurgency if he continued to receive pressure from Western backers to reform his government were troubling.

"On behalf of the American people, we're frustrated with the remarks," Gibbs told reporters.

--------------

WTF is all this sh*t about.............

Pure thug is what this guy is. They should throw him out and put someone in his place.

If this is remotely true, am not sure why Karzai lost his bearings :no:

I mean, I knew he was incompetent, but after all the sacrifices, he comes out with this blackmailing card..........WTF....get rid

The US has spent trillions fighting and this was their choice at the start.......greed truly has no limit

I have said it before and will say it again and that is that.

All those suported by any power within or without should only suport those Leaders who are clean, patriotic and uncorupable, if done so it will not only improve the image of foriegn beckers, it will also change the mind set of local populous in the favour of those who back them and peace will be achieved in no time.

get rid of thugs and dishonest and violant ones. Peace on earth will be easy as ABC.

Well, I do not think that Talibs would like his presence around them. :smokin:

Taliban (The Taliban, the Afghan Taliban) Rule!. They are kickass gorilla fighters of the 19th/ 20th century. Afghan President will be honored if he joins the army who defeated two great powers of their times. Lovely news.. I support Karzai to do that. Join Taliban and Kick the American butt damn even so hard that it would resound in the walls of white house for a century at minimum.

time to nail another voodoo doll ...LOL. Hope they twist a bit nicely :D

VoodooDoll-2.jpg

Whatever Karzai says doesn't matter is the overall picture. So Chill

Actually it does matter.

He and his brother form the Thug gang which grows opium, shoot up heroin and send it to North America. Then they form the government while Karzai's younger brother is at large dealing with the Taliban. These Bandits have more than what is needed to destroy the US-Pakistan Peace efforts in Afghanistan. I wouldn't be surprised if there came a news that Karzai was randomly picked up by some field agents and then..........
........you know what should happen.

drink vhisky from us also make me crazy like him many times in 2001 when i was in karachi. lol at him .

my rule was drink but don't go out
karazai rule is drink and go to pablic hahahahhahhahhhaha

Well, I do not think that Talibs would like his presence around them. :smokin:

Lol Karzai joins the Taliban puts Ahmed in charge of finances in 3 months the Taliban would have no guns no bullets and no food but the Karzai compaound would have a new tennis court swimming pool and 3 new BMW's out the front.

A win win i would say the Taliban get the brothers grimm and Afghanistan gets a chance at an honest leader. :bounce:

This dog should've joined Pakistan right after 2001.Now he got to understand whos the boss.Never mess with Pakistan or you'd be screwed by Islamabad.

JOIN THE TALIBAN, THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT AN AIRSTRIKE ON YOUR HOUSE.

LOL.

Back
Top Bottom