What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
No, mumbai is a city :rofl::rofl:
See i can use the smilies aswell :argh:
Using smilies doent tell you are intelligent:lol:

Because you called Mumbai epesode a drama, You belong to the same nation which still looks for proof for Human killing, and without any proof says Kashmir belongs to pakistan and not India, if you want to converse that way...

Tell me you are jealous!!.....and burning, its fine and understandable.:lol:

It was not meant to be off-topic ; it was a valid case in point to counter a naive argument, Just because i hoist a flag in a piece of land, people start claiming it as disputed ; People who have no understanding of History or the UN Resolutions for resolving the dispute see flag-hoisting in Jammu and Kashmir (the flag of the country is irrelevant here), and claim it as illegal occupation. Any rational, unbiased and pragmatic decision to be made will NEVER CONDONE Stone-throwing and Violence. If it is a means to bring the Country to its knees for accepting a unconditional agreement(of Autonomy), then it is out of the question. And that is precisely what the PM is saying.

If you havent read it clearly let me be more precise,

Balouchis holding their own separatist flag---
Maoists holding their own separatist flag---
ULFA holding their own separatist flag---
plus other separatist organizations of india holding their flag---

and
Kashmiries holding Pakistani flag--- another countries flag thats totaly different.

They cannot be related. Am i clearer.

Hi guys, as you are all aware, recent months have seen a very unfortunatre cycle of violence and unrest in J&K yet there's something very interesting to note. No major international power/organisation such as US/UK/France/China/Russia/UN/muslim or Arab world etc. has lent its voice to the kashmir issue even after so much trouble and so many deaths.

There is an unprecedented calm/silence over Kashmir in the international arena. Nobody is willing to take up the issue of kashmir except Pakistan.

My questional to all of you is, are we slowly but surely witnessing the 'internalising' of Kashmir as far as India is concerned? Are we witnessing an ever decreasing role of Pakistan/international community as far as Kashmir is concerned? There is a near total silence on Kashmir.

I,personally, feel that since India is now on its way to become a global power and a huge economic beacon of hope for the west as well as for China (in terms of India's huge market etc.) and also as the centre of global power slowly shifts from west to east and with west more and more grappling with many other much serious issues of its own which are primarily economic in nature, Kashmir has majorly lost and is still losing any international significance or relevance it one had...

What do you guys think?:undecided:

Last edited:
It good that Kashmiri's attacked Church. They will soon fall into religious fanatics category like SWAT and no one in world will care how many died.

Using smilies doent tell you are intelligent:lol:

Because you called Mumbai epesode a drama, You belong to the same nation which still looks for proof for Human killing, and without any proof says Kashmir belongs to pakistan and not India, if you want to converse that way...

Tell me you are jealous!!.....and burning, its fine and understandable.:lol:

What proof, you are totally out of senses.
No i am not jealous nor burning, Killing innocent people is not a trait i want to excel at, you are doing it and some day you will pay for it.

P.S. Ek baat honstly bataun dost? I seriously have an inkling that the Kashmir issue just got completely internalised. I mean, the current crisis has completely sidelined Pakistan as far as Kashmir and GoI's view regarding it is concerned. The indications are there for all to see. Even after so many deaths and so much shor-sharaba, so many protests and what not, hardly any govt. on the international stage has shown any willingness to back the kashmir issue be it US/UK/China/UN...That's just my personal opinion.
Well that is all so obvious, and I don't think it's too far from the truth. The fact that my fellow Pakistani members are jumping up and down shouting 'disputed' this and 'plebiscite' that, miss the wider picture.

There is near complete and total silence from the international community on this.

Even within Pakistan there seems to be Kashmir fatigue. I saw the ARY News main bulletin, and Kashmir was the 5th story to feature.

Yes I realise we've experienced our worst floods in decades, but there aren't protests or anything similar to express solidarity that I can see out on the streets. We have seen that previously.

So the issue is totally internalised, and that's where a solution to the current unrest will come from.

It was not meant to be off-topic ; it was a valid case in point to counter a naive argument, Just because i hoist a flag in a piece of land, people start claiming it as disputed ; People who have no understanding of History or the UN Resolutions for resolving the dispute see flag-hoisting in Jammu and Kashmir (the flag of the country is irrelevant here), and claim it as illegal occupation. Any rational, unbiased and pragmatic decision to be made will NEVER CONDONE Stone-throwing and Violence. If it is a means to bring the Country to its knees for accepting a unconditional agreement(of Autonomy), then it is out of the question. And that is precisely what the PM is saying.
How come posting pics of territory which is not disputed between two countries is on topic while we are talking about territory which is disputed between countries unless you deny that because you were living under a rock and dont know anything about current status......

Bringing two different cases and then saying its ON topic is out of my understanding..We deal with this thing all the time...

When cant argue

1 Start posting BR post like Junkfighter etc...
2 Start posting offtopics pictures and videos....
3 Start abusing at extreme level,

Best way to derail the thread.

Even Azad Kashmir is occupied.

hmmm well its just Indian ego problem.Anyone of these Armchair generals should do themselves a favour and visit J & K themselves to see the mood of their "countrymen" that's if Government of India allows its citizens to travel to Kashmir.

What proof, you are totally out of senses.
No i am not jealous nor burning, Killing innocent people is not a trait i want to excel at, you are doing it and some day you will pay for it.
You were never in your senses, when we gave substantial proof that Mumbai perpetrators were from Pakistan, you called them non-state actors.

By the way there is much we can do in kashmir and we are not doing it.

And about killing innocent kashmiri?, you dont worry about that, The day day they allowed themselves to be brain washed and protested against India, they lost that "Innocent" tag.

Kashmir is Indian property, Iam not talking abt all kashmir but whatever we hold.

and about paying off, we will be happy to pay off to kahmiris who are Indian citizens. We will not allow to be paid off to someone else.

Hi guys, as you are all aware, recent months have seen a very unfortunatre cycle of violence and unrest in J&K yet there's something very interesting to note. No major international power/organisation such as US/UK/France/China/Russia/UN/muslim or Arab world etc. has lent its voice to the kashmir issue even after so much trouble and so many deaths.

There is an unprecedented calm/silence over Kashmir in the international arena. Nobody is willing to take up the issue of kashmir except Pakistan.

My questional to all of you is, are we slowly but surely witnessing the 'internalising' of Kashmir as far as India is concerned? Are we witnessing an ever decreasing role of Pakistan/international community as far as Kashmir is concerned?

I,personally, feel that since India is now on its way to become a global power and a huge economic beacon of hope for the west as well as for China (in terms of India's huge market etc.) and also as the centre of global power slowly shifts from west to east and with west more and more grappling with many other much serious issues of its own which are primarily economic in nature, Kashmir has majorly lost and is still losing any international significance or relevance it one had...

What do you guys think?:undecided:

Kashmiries dont need help from any other country..... they will do all by themself..... Even if what you said i true still kashmir is a disputed land.....

i think its in india interest to let go kashmir and develop its people..... specially people living on footpaths.....

:pakistan:

Manmohan Singh ‘shocked’ by Kashmir protests, urges dialogue

DAWN.COM | World | Manmohan Singh ?shocked? by Kashmir protests, urges dialogue

I always thought that the Indian PM is smarter than hhis counterpart in Pakistan but the statement above is not from a smart PM.

He is shocked!! wow, innocent people are slaughtered and people are protesting in Kashmir for their independence and the Indian PM is shocked!!

Absolute hog wash from Mr.Singh! This is the only opportunity for the Indian politicians to convince the masses in India that:

1. People in Indian Ocuppied Kashmir don't want to be part of India.
2. Peace and stability in India will ONLY improve once Kashmir issue is resolved.

Shocked my rear!

If you havent read it clearly let me be more precise,

Balouchis holding their own separatist flag---
Maoists holding their own separatist flag---
ULFA holding their own separatist flag---
plus other separatist organizations of india holding their flag---

and
Kashmiries holding Pakistani flag--- another countries flag thats totaly different.

They cannot be related. Am i clearer.
Absolutely. I still remember once upon a time when another part of a Nation was flying the white crescent and star against a Dark green background along with White; But alas unfortunately, now they have a Red Sun (figuratively representing the blood they spilled) against a Dark Green background. I just hope for your sake, the White crescent and star can still be hoisted illegally, in land of Sage Kashyapa, as long as the GoI is asleep.

innocent kashmiries dont throw stones at security forces,:sniper:

If the Indian govt. and people are not listening to their just demand for independence then probably they will pick up guns and next time it may be a grenade!

BTW, Bhaghat Singh and Raj Guru blew a few grenades in the Legislative Assembly and they are heros so these Kashmiris are also heros for standing up to a brutal occupying force!

Absolutely. I still remember once upon a time when another part of a Nation was flying the white crescent and star against a Dark green background along with White; But alas unfortunately, now they have a Red Sun (figuratively representing the blood they spilled) against a Dark Green background. I just hope for your sake, the White crescent and star can still be hoisted illegally, in land of Sage Kashyapa, as long as the GoI is asleep.
You are talking about that cross border terrorism by a terrorist state......Yeah I remember that....

BTW again OFFTOPIC

Back
Top Bottom