What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Kashmir is India and India is kashmir...at least for us!

If they attack other cities, they will be attacking themselves.

My dear Patrician the problem is Kashmiris do not think so.

They have their own country Kashmir which is occupied by India. The world do not consider Kashmir as part of India.

Its a disputed country which is bone of contention in the region.

If Kashmir country was not freed from Indian occupation, it can lead to nuclear war as is predicted by Indian army chief

Thanks for the reply. I was so scared that my head would get bitten off, looking at a lot of reactions whenever Balochistan topic is brought up.

I agree that Balochistan and Kashmir are different in nature but you will never find 2 exact same situations. .

I am always open for debate & learn
I must say I have respect for some of Indian members here who go at length to make their point of view & I admire the effort. You can tell when it’s a mere copy paste & yadi yadi yada or when it is really is a peace worth reading & responding to.

What you just said about giving Balochistan as an example is I have been saying all along. There are never two exactly similar situations but some similarities on which you build an argument. Otherwise no lawyer will be able to quote a case of Mrs Puja Vs Mr Sherma related to land dispute in say Calcutta if the judge dismisses it saying that your client is called Muna Bhai and the dispute relates to Delhi.

You responding to my post when I mentioned small but proud and independent countries which in fact was a response to an Indian poster questioning this whole struggle based on its size & geographical location. Something similar which Henry Kissinger very arrogantly remarked about Bangladesh. Which contrary to his scorn Bangladesh is very much on the world map, yes it has its issue but it will outlast Mr Kissinger & his ill placed arrogance.

Coming back to main topic again, you might note that the Kashmiri uprising has turned mainly against the atrocities of the Indian security forces and their magnitude. The impact of their operations on the daily lives, the extrajudicial killings the “shanakhat parade” (Identification parade)of whole villages and communities followed by arrests of Kasmiri men and then their mutilated/ tortured bodies by the side of the roads.

The problem is in such a mass scale, and the sentiments are so high & problem is so grave and out of control for Indian security forces that there is a blanket bar on the international media & human right groups to see the situation themselves. The Pakistan & the Pakistani Kashmiris find it mandatory to keep shaking the Indian conscious to address this issue. because in the end it is us who will need to a fix this problem. No other super power of past, present or future can care less about our regional issues unless there is “something in it for them”.

I will continue to pray for this peaceful resolution for the sake of all people of this subcontinent. I hope we can resolve our issues like mature & progressive nations.

My my, we have a migratee among us...

Anywaz,

Nah nah..!

You see what, LeT is banned in Pakistan, for us they dont exist. Our govt has not supported them nor did the military. i know you would try to link every shyt happening inside india with ISI but then you cant even prove Kasab's linkage with our military what to talk of Kashmiri freedom fighters.

Abu's reply was in connection to a stupid school of thought prevailing amongst a few indians that mumbai attack had nothing to do with Kashmir. Infact, the attack was directly linked to Kashmir and that's what Abu had said.

So you see, Kashmir is a problem which leads to the birth of organizations like LeT. So i think, any sane mind would try to hit the root-cause of a problem then just trimming away the branches, i know you have started to get the idea around here :)

....resolving the root-cause, the Kashmir Issue itself!

Haha nicely put Bro . resolve the root cause and all the disputes will go

What you dont understand ?

Kashmir is separate country that is occupied by India.

Ya that's what I'm asking an explanation of.

How and when did Kashmir become an independent country?

Which organisation/countries recognise it as an independent country?

Even if I acceot your argument for a second, then that makes so-called Azad Kashmir also a free country occupied by Pakistan.

My dear Patrician the problem is Kashmiris do not think so.

If Kashmir country was not freed from Indian occupation, it can lead to nuclear war as is predicted by Indian army chief

So Be It..Bring it on...

So are you telling me Pakistan is foolish enough to enter Nuclear war to liberate a 3rd country? Nah! No matter how much folks here blast the GoP, niether them not Pakistan Army is a Defence.pk groupie..

Q - Have most of your countrymen experienced democracy for most part of their lives?

A - No

Conclusion - There's no point debating on 'democracy' with a Pakistani or anyone else who has not experienced democracy and whatever challenges/compromises it entails for all the participants of it.

@ My Pakistani friends: Please try to understand our plight while debating with you. Most of you have not experienced a functioning democracy for most of your lives and hence whatever logic I or other Indians will present to you will seem superficial to you and hence is beyond your ken because, quite simply, you have not experienced what you're trying to discuss with us.

Another smart Arse
hello your royal stupidness.. that is the dilemma for you that you are unable to admit. That despite being a biggest democracy you cant digest the fact that the rights of democracy (people power) apply to Kasmiris as well. and the people from a country mostly ruled by dictators will have to come and teach you.

I must admit though that being a citizen of a dysfunction democracy it is really hard for me to understand that a “thing” like you is talking about democracy out of your mouth or out of your backside when you have an avatar of a biggest fascist and mass murderer. Are you planning to apply his 3rd Reich philosophy in India? and call it democracy? You are laughable and pathetic.

Request to all. I invite every able & willing member to mock this Buffoon who is proclaiming his superior Democratic wisdom & has declared it as a forbidden fruit for us while supporting Hitler’s picture as his avatar. A self defeating plonker springs to mind

Another smart Arse
hello your royal stupidness.. that is the dilemma for you that you are unable to admit. That despite being a biggest democracy you cant digest the fact that the rights of democracy (people power) apply to Kasmiris as well. and the people from a country mostly ruled by dictators will have to come and teach you.

I must admit though that being a citizen of a dysfunction democracy it is really hard for me to understand that a “thing” like you is talking about democracy out of your mouth or out of your backside when you have an avatar of a biggest fascist and mass murderer. Are you planning to apply his 3rd Reich philosophy in India? and call it democracy? You are laughable and pathetic.

Hi,

Actually I see you use the world "Democracy" far too liberally to justify the demand for secession in Kashmir ..albeit through a more chic word - Right to Self Determination.

I was wondering what gave you the idea that Democracy entails its citizens a Right to Secession from the country.I am not sure about the "Pakistani" notion of Democracy,but here in India our constitution (the basis for our Democracy) doesnt give you that right.

These six are the fundamental rights enshrined ion our constitution:

1. The right to equality

Equality before law: Article 14 of the constitution guarantees that all citizens shall be equally protected by the laws of the country. It means that the State cannot discriminate against a citizen on the basis of caste, creed, colour, ***, religion or place of birth

2. The right to freedom (No..Not that "Freedom")

Under this there are 6 sub-divisions:

• Freedom of speech and expression
  • Freedom to assemble peacefully without arms,
  • Freedom to form associations or unions on which the State can impose reasonable restrictions on this freedom in the interest of public order, morality and the sovereignty and integrity of India.
  • Freedom to move freely throughout the territory of India
  • Freedom to reside and settle in any part of the territory of India
  • Freedom to practice any profession or to carry on any occupation, trade or business

3. The right to freedom from exploitation
The right against exploitation, given in Articles 23 and 24, provides for two provisions, namely the abolition of trafficking in human beings and Begar (forced labor), and abolition of employment of children below the age of 14 years

4. The right to freedom of religion

Right to freedom of religion, covered in Articles 25, 26, 27 and 28, provides religious freedom to all citizens of India.

5. Cultural and educational rights

6. The right to constitutional remedies

Right to constitutional remedies empowers the citizens to move a court of law in case of any denial of the fundamental rights

====================================

Now no-where does the constitution guarentee a right to an individual or a group of individuals to demand secession from the Union Of India.

===============================================

This thread of "Insurgents vs Indian Army" has just transformed by "Abu,Irfan" taking the role of Pro-Freedom Insurgents and me taking the role of "Indian Army" :lol:

Last edited:
Hi,

Actually I see you use the world "Democracy" far too liberally to justify the demand for secession in Kashmir .

2. The right to freedom (No..Not that "Freedom")

3. The right to freedom from exploitation

====================================

Now no-where does the constitution guarentee a right to an individual or a group of individuals to demand secession from the Union Of India.

===============================================

This thread of "Insurgents vs Indian Army" has just transformed by "Abu,Irfan" taking the role of Pro-Freedom Insurgents and me taking the role of "Indian Army" :lol:

Thanks you just said it. and its the very essence. the desire and will of the people
by the way I find the name twisting by yourself disappointing moving on if this debate remains nonviolent and civil it doesnt matter if you become a spokesperson of Indian occupation forces and I become the representative of the Kashmiri Freedom movment.

Have a good day

Irfan Baloch (not Abu Irfan)

‘J&K integral part of India’

New Delhi: Taking a swipe at Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, without naming him, for his controversial remarks in the Assembly that Jammu and Kashmir had only acceded to India under certain conditions and not merged with it, Congress president Sonia Gandhi asserted that the state was “an integral part” of India and had a “special place in our polity”.

Referring to violence and tension in J&K in the past few months, she noted that this situation arose after many years during which there was growing stability and successful democratic elections.

“Jammu and Kashmir has a special place in our polity. It is an integral part of India and peace in this region is of paramount importance. While violence is not a solution and must be contained, the anger manifesting itself amongst Kashmiri youth in particular must also be addressed. We must respect their legitimate aspirations,” Sonia said in her letter to the Congress members in the latest issue of party mouthpiece Congress Sandesh .

She said PM Manmohan Singh had taken “effective steps” to reach out by calling an all-party meeting in Delhi, which was followed by the visit of an all-party delegation led by the Home Minister. “We hope that continued dialogue and the concrete policy initiatives which have been announced by the government on September 4 will lead to an end to the ongoing cycle of violence,” said the Congress president. Incidentally, she did not make any reference to the party’s coalition partner National Conference or the CM in her letter.

Crediting people of the country for receiving the Allahabad High Court verdict on Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title suits “in a mature and peaceful manner”, she said the ruling “in no way condoned” the demolition of Babri Masjid, which was a “shameful and criminal” act for which the perpetrators must be brought to justice.

A very important remark from the country's most powerful politician

I remember Asim or TechLahore making a comment somewhere that P0K and I0K are not acceptable terms on the forum. The correct terms are AK and J&K. Is that rule still in effect?

It is against our own ethos to actually throw a shoe at anyone including Mr. Gelaani. Freedom of speech has to be protected no matter how unpalatable the person is. After all he is an Indian and the constitution has given the right to disagree with state. If he is abusing his right it the duty of the judiciary to look into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom