What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Beautifully put it.

These pesky rats can't even control Kashmir with nearly a million boots on the ground, with so much brute force and terror applied on civilian population for the past 60 years, turned kashmir into the palestine of Asia, they haven't been able to change perceptions or shake the resolve and determination of our Pakistani brethren in Kashmir.

Yet they still fantasize owning Kashmir one day making it a part of india, with their justification of institutional terror upon the Kashmiris, i hardly doubt they would last a single day in Kashmir with so much venom in their hearts, living in a fool's paradise clearly won't help their cause. Wake up and pull your troops out before it's too late.

huh! ? Please compare the security situation in the so called disputed area of Jammu and Kashmir vs Pakistan occupied Kashmir. In this year itself there have been more attacks and deaths in the so called Azaad Kashmir which is supposed to be a heaven on earth as against the opressed and terrorized J&K.

Also pl go and check the development activities & growth in both parts..

SRINAGAR, India, Feb 7, 2010 (AFP)

India and Pakistan are set to relaunch peace talks but residents of Kashmir, at the heart of decades of hostility between the nuclear-armed neighbours, say they are pessimistic about the outcome.

India has proposed foreign secretary-level dialogue with Pakistan, signalling a major breakthrough in relations frozen since the 2008 attacks in Mumbai in which 166 people died.

New Delhi blamed the assault on Pakistan-based militants.

India and Pakistan have held discussions in the past but without any breakthrough on Kashmir, the disputed Himalayan region which each country holds in part but claims in full.

Kashmir has been the trigger for two of three wars between India and Pakistan.

In Muslim-majority Indian Kashmir, which has been in uproar over allegations about police killings of two teenage boys and where anti-India violence has resurfaced, the mood over the talks is gloomy.

"On the one hand, India is offering talks to Pakistan, and on the other hand it is killing innocent people in Kashmir," said Javed Mir, senior leader of the pro-independence Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front.

A two-decade insurgency by militants who oppose New Delhi's rule in Indian Kashmir has claimed more than 47,000 lives, according to an official count. Human rights groups put the toll at twice as high.

Indian Kashmir had been relatively stable for a number of months, but demonstrations and militant violence that India says is stoked by Pakistan -- a charge denied by Islamabad -- has spiked in recent weeks.

"I don't think anything will emerge from these talks, I'm not hopeful at all," said cab driver Sheikh Shafayat, 40, in Indian Kashmir's summer capital Srinagar.

India proposed the talks, which Pakistan has welcomed, "because violence has staged a comeback in Kashmir," Shafayat said.

On the weekend, thousands of demonstrators shouting "blood for blood" and "we want freedom" protested in Kashmir against the alleged security force killing of a second teenage boy in a week.

Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah vowed strong action over the boy's death and police have said they are investigating.

But his words have failed to calm tensions in the region, which was already agitating over the killing of a 14-year-old boy by a police tear-gas shell the previous weekend.

The demonstrations have evolved in recent days into wider anti-India protests. They are reminiscent of huge street protests in 2008 and an increasing number of youngsters are joining the demonstrations.

Last month, Indian commandos stormed a hotel in Srinagar, killing two militants who were holed up in the building. A civilian and a policeman also died in the siege.

Militant attacks on Indian forces and clashes in the heavily militarised state have continued since.

There have also been increased violations of the ceasefire along the Line of Control, the de facto border dividing the region between India and Pakistan.

"These talks will never move beyond photo sessions. Those who think things will change are living in fool's paradise," says Akber Mantoo, a contractor.

The Indians were talking because of external influences, Mantoo said, referring to US pressure on New Delhi to improve ties with Pakistan so Islamabad can fight the Taliban on its border with Afghanistan rather than worry about its eastern flank with India.

But housewife Mehbooba Yasin said any talks that might halt bloodshed in the restive region would be welcome.

"It will be wonderful if the talks could end the violence," said the mother-of-three.

Moderate separatist leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said the future of Kashmir must be on the agenda of the talks.

"If the talks revolve around the Kashmir issue, we'll welcome the exercise," Farooq said. "But if Kashmir is ignored and discussions are held over trivial issues, we will be highly disappointed."

Also, warned Farooq, if Indian soldiers continued to "kill people in Kashmir, then violent rebellion will return to the state."

Mood gloomy in Kashmir over India-Pakistan talks

Lets face it. Kashmir is never gonna be settled. At least not with talks. India will just not wake up one day and hand over its territory to Pakistan and Pakistan is in no mood to forget Kashmir.

Kashmir is not as important to Pakistan as it seems to be, but its a good basis or excuse to cause mischief. I am sure, if Kashmir issue gets solved, another issue would crop up from somewhere. Its never gonna end.

And about the killing in Kashmir, its not the army doing it. Its the cross border terrorism responsible for it, which is now turning against Pakistan itself. Can we say Pakistan is killing 100s of people everyday with bomb blasts? No. Its terrorism and Pakistani people need to understand. Sure there are innocents losing life, some killed by terrorists and some mistakenly by the army. But its not gonna end until Pakistan gives up on Kashmir.

My post may sound aggressive to Pakistanis, and I know it is, but sadly its the truth. Kindly think over it. :D

And about the killing in Kashmir, its not the army doing it. Its the cross border terrorism responsible for it, which is now turning against Pakistan itself. Can we say Pakistan is killing 100s of people everyday with bomb blasts? No. Its terrorism and Pakistani people need to understand. Sure there are innocents losing life, some killed by terrorists and some mistakenly by the army. But its not gonna end until Pakistan gives up on Kashmir.

Maybe India should stop recruiting terrorists in police and army, since the killing of two teens was done by police.

I am sure, if Kashmir issue gets solved, another issue would crop up from somewhere. Its never gonna end.

Dude,Pakistan is more enthusiastic about solving the Kashmir crisis more than India does.All Pakistan ask for is to make a UN referendum vote for the people of Kashmir,but India just push it off.So who is to be blame for all this that happened?

Get off from your small little world and start realising Kashmir is the core issue for the enmity between India and Pakistan.If you would like some improvement in Pakistan-India Friendship,then solve this crisis. Other that that,there wont be any progress in this relationship

That means you accept that JuD is indulged in terrorist activities.

:bunny:
The government of Pakistan says so. But while we've seen evidence against LeT, we've not seen evidence linking the two or any direct evidence against JuD.

However we HAVE seen their IT training centers, medicine dispensaries, Abulance services and free of cost roti services. The government of Pakistan may be wrong in its charges against JuD - correct against LeT.

We have no issues with these parties fighting in Kashmir, but we do have issues when they fight outside of Kashmir. We also have issues when these parties fight in Kashmir using Pakistan as its base of operations.

Fight Indian Army in Kashmir from India, and you have our blessings.

india now on should worried about stones how they gona stop people from getting small stones

with the stone they will win not with weapons

india now on should worried about stones how they gona stop people from getting small stones

with the stone they will win not with weapons

hahaha, very funny..... You cant always Keep them brain washed buddy, time will come when People of Kashmir will wake up.... Till then Our Police is ready to counter Stones.... :angel:

If only the Kashmir issue is solved , The whole point of Indo-Pak rivalry would vanish .
Depending upon the current scenario , its very much possible . I think Pakistan should cooperate with India in doing business in Afghanistan , like training the ANA and plus , let all the Indian companies and firms do the development projects in Afghanistan , Plus provide the land route to India to facilitate its presence in Afghanistan both at the corporate and military level , in return move forward over the possible and acceptable settlement of the Kashmir dispute ..!

Theres great room of cooperation btw the two countries in such a scenario . But only if New Delhi greets it with open heart ..!

Remember what Gen Mushraff said " To settle a dispute you cant have TAKE AND TAKE , it must be GIVE AND TAKE ".

I have put forward my view in the light of possible Indian inclusion in the Afghan Matrix and the Possible Pakistani Cooperation . Members are welcomed to put forward their possible solutions and constructive comments .

Avoid derailing and personal attacks ...!
:cheers:

Thanks

:pakistan::pakistan:

JuD vows to take Kashmir by force and India vows to take on terriorist by force.

Indian Army will surely fix their appointment with god and they have to pay for the killings of innocents.

Also their hue and cry reflects their desperation. But their commitment is not as firm as Indian Army's commitment to protect Kashmir at all cost.

"Doodh mango to kheer denge. Kashmir mango to cheer denge."

There is no doubt that no Indian will ever give a single inch of land from its motherland and that has been clear last 3 times still arrogance plays a heavy part in your attitute

I will just repeat something which i had posted somewhere else on the forum, I think it's more revelant here

(1) Pakistan gives up on terrorism as a state weapon (i.e. Dismantle terror infrastructure and groups, hand over India's most wanted to India, take care of LeT, Jem.......etc)

(2) India agrees to a time bound (say 5-10 years) period to resolve the Kashmir issue which will be acceptable to all parties, even rope in a neutral mediator say Norway for the same

and then probably we can live happily ever after :cheers:

By 2007-08, if we are to believe the Musharraf and Singh administrations, we were already very close to a settlement. There were proposals to give extended autonomy and joint oversight in some areas.

Just keep in mind that resolving the Kashmir dispute by territorially realigning it with religious majorities and minorities will not go down with GoI or Indian public. A settlement out of this parameter is welcome and I think the broad contours have already been worked out under composite dialouge

Back
Top Bottom