What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The government of Pakistan says so. But while we've seen evidence against LeT, we've not seen evidence linking the two or any direct evidence against JuD.

The Consolidated List established and maintained by the 1267 Committee with respect to Al-Qaida, Usama bin Laden,and the Taliban and other individuals, groups, undertakings and entities associated with them

Last updated on: 25 January 2010

Composition of the List

The list consists of the four sections specified below:
A. Individuals associated with the Taliban
B. Entities and other groups and undertakings associated with the Taliban
C. Individuals associated with Al-Qaida
D. Entities and other groups and undertakings associated with Al-Qaida

QE.L.118.05. Name: LASHKAR-E-TAYYIBA
A.k.a.: a) Lashkar-e-Toiba b) Lashkar-i-Taiba c) al Mansoorian d) al Mansooreen e) Army of the Pure f) Army of the Righteous g) Army of the Pure and Righteous h) Paasban-e-Kashmir i) Paasban-i-Ahle-Hadith j) Pasban-e-Kashmir k) Pasban-e-Ahle-Hadith l) Paasban-e-Ahle-Hadis m) Pashan-e-ahle Hadis n) Lashkar e Tayyaba o) LET p) Jamaat-ud-Dawa q) JUD r) Jama,at al-Dawa s) Jamaat ud-Daawa t) Jamaat ul-Dawah u) Jamaat-ul-Dawa v) Jama,at-i-Dawat w) Jamaiat-ud-Dawa x) Jama,at-ud-Da,awah y) Jama,at-ud-Da,awa z) Jamaati-ud-Dawa F.k.a.: na Address: na Listed on: 2 May 2005 (amended on 3 Nov. 2005, 10 Dec. 2008) Other information: na

Your government is right.Its a terrorist organization as UN has already declared Jamaat-ud-Dawa a terrorist front group.:devil:

Last edited:
And what has India done to Pakistan to be in the wrong? I am sure that you are aware that Pakistan wants to tear away Kashmir from India with the tool of cross-border terrorism that is world renowned now.

What has India done to Pakistan ??? Are you kidding or you are so much naive ???

So what was 71 ?? East Pakistan teared apart by support of Indian State Terrorism.

And when we pay you back in the same coin, you guys start crying foul.

Pathetic.

UN declares Jamaat-ud-Dawa a terrorist front group

The United Nations Security Council has added Pakistan-based terrorist group and four of its leaders to the list of entities and organizations known to support al Qaeda and the Taliban. The declaration came the same day that Pakistani officials said they would act against the Jamaat-ud-Dawa if the United Nations declared it a terrorist group as part of Resolution 1267, which also known as the al Qaeda and Taliban Sanctions Committee.

The Security Council listed Jamaat-ud-Dawa as an alias of the proscribed Lashkar-e-Taiba terror group. India and the United States have said Lashkar-e-Taiba was behind last month's three-day terror siege of Mumbai, India.

Hafiz Saeed has been listed as the leader of the Lashkar-e-Taiba. The UNSC also listed Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, Haji Mohammad Ashraf, and Mahmoud Mohammad Ahmed Bahaziq as senior members of the Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Lakhvi is listed as the terror group's chief of operations. Ashraf is the group's chief of finance. Bahaziq, a Saudi national who served as the leader of Lashkar-e-Taiba in Saudi Arabia, is a senior financier.

The UNSC also updated two groups already listed under Resolution 1267 as supporting Lashkar-e-Taiba. Al Akhtar Trust has been identified as financing Lashkar-e-Taiba. The UN noted Al Akhtar Trust maintains regional offices in the Pakistani cites of Bahawalpur, Bawalnagar, Gilgit, Islamabad, Mirpur Khas, and Tando-Jan-Mahammad, as well as in Spin Boldak in Afghanistan.

The Al Rashid Trust also provides support to Lashkar-e-Taiba. Al Rashid Trust operates in the Afghan cites of Herat Jalalabad, Kabul, Kandahar, and Mazar Sharif. The group also runs operations in Kosovo and Chechnya.

Jamaat-ud-Dawa has long been known to be a front for the Lashkar-e-Taiba. Saeed renamed the Lashkar-e-Taiba to Jamaat-ud-Dawa in 2002 after Lashkar was banned by the Pakistani government. Pakistan never acted against the Jamaat-ud-Dawa. Instead, Saeed and his leaders rebranded the group as a Muslim charity to mask the operations of Lashkar-e-Taiba.

The Jamaat-ud-Dawa has established an organization that rivals Lebanese Hezbollah. The group succeeded in providing aid to earthquake-ravaged regions in Kashmir in 2005 while the Pakistani government was slow to act. Lashkar is active in fundraising across the Middle East and South Asia, and has recruited scores of Westerns to train in its camps. Jamaat-ud-Dawa actively fundraises on the Internet at its website.

Pakistan vows to act

The Indian and US governments led the charge to get Jamaat-ud-Dawa added to UNSC Resolution 1267 list of terror groups. Getting the group added was by no means assured; China blocked India's efforts to do this three times over the past several years.

The UN's action against Jamaat-ud-Dawa requires nations to freeze the group's assets, ban the individual terrorists from traveling, and prevent the supply of weapons, technology, and other aid to the group.

The Pakistani government signaled earlier this week that it would act against Jamaat-ud-Dawa if the UNSC added the group to the terrorist list.

Pakistan's ambassador to UN Abdullah Hussain Haroon signaled Pakistan would take action against the terror group after the UN meeting, including shutting down training camps on Pakistani soil. "After the designation of Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JUD) under (resolution) 1267, the government on receiving communication from the Security Council shall proscribe the JUD and take other consequential actions, as required, including the freezing of assets," Haroon said.

Earlier this week, Pakistani security forces raided Lashkar camps and offices and rounded up two senior members of the terror group thought to be involved in the Mumbai attack. Lakhvi and Zarar Shah were detained over the past several days, along with a handful of Lashkar-e-Taiba fighters.

Shah is a communications expert who set up the network that allowed the Mumbai attackers communicate with Lashkar-e-Taiba commanders in Pakistan, according to Indian intelligence officials. He also serves as a key liaison between the Lashkar-e-Taiba and Pakistan's Inter-Service Intelligence agency.

Pakistan has rounded up senior terrorists and Taliban leaders in the past, only to allow them to go free. Saeed has been placed under house arrest at least two times since 2001, but the restrictions were quietly lifted. Numerous al Qaeda and Taliban leaders have been set free, exchanged for hostages, or escaped under questionable circumstances.

India and Pakistan should accept the current boundaries and have their part of Kashmir under control administrated by their govt. I don't see why this is not the simplest solution. Kashmir was never an issue. Its only people are trying make issues out of it.

India does not want the complete Kashmir. All Indians agree on this point except some maniacs.

Pakistan should also give up its dream of owning complete Kashmir.

All will be peace.

India and Pakistan should accept the current boundaries

Such a soln is not acceptable in return for what is suggested ..! The Kashmiri should have the right to decide their future acc to UN ..!

The conclusions you are capable of drawing are astonishing. I do not want to deviate off-topic so for you here is a good source to know the history of 1971 war: The 1971 War

Or read from more reliable source: 1971 War Background

Help yourself.

Buddy, i don't need the one sided biased sources, i know more then you having learned from these sources.

There is no denying of Indian involvement for the 71 fiasco.

Your own Indian guys have admitted Indian role in 71.

If you wish to deny the Indian hand in 71, then we also deny any Pakistani hand in what is going on in the Indian Occupied Kashmir.

So try to help you own self in learning the history, rather then telling me.

wikipedia is your source ???? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is no denying of Indian involvement for the 71 fiasco.

So how many countries recognize "this" role of India in 1971? Equally, look for how many countries recognize terrorism emanating from Pakistan.

No Wikipedia is for you and what is wrong with it? Is it owned by India or Indian to be biased?

ok. so wiki is not a source acc to you. don't tell me wiki is indian.then tell me what is a source. is it zaid hamid? or some pak general? tell me what is a source.

admit it. you are not a bhram gyani and every country other than Pak cannot be wrong.

And what has India done to Pakistan to be in the wrong? I am sure that you are aware that Pakistan wants to tear away Kashmir from India with the tool of cross-border terrorism that is world renowned now. It has been 15 years of cross-border terrorism. Do you think Indian establishment can fool its people for 15 years? Even when you know the real power lies with chosen government here and not, as in your case, the army? Do you think every party here wants to kill its own people? You need to introspect thoroughly. India is a huge country not a bunch of hooligans.

And about your claim of India being involved in terrorist activities in Pakistan...show the world even a single conclusive proof and point even one country that accepts that India is involved. While you should check how many countries accept Pakistan as sponsoring terrorism. Burying your head in the sand will take you nowhere unless you are willing to see the facts over your misplaced emotions.

You asked how is India in the wrong....then went to say how Pakistan believes India is sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan........make your mind up.

Pakistan believes India is sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan, unlike India who tends to hold trial in the media, GoP did what diplomats do and they confronted with evidence which MMS agreed to diccuss the Balochistan issue in front of the world.

India is a country which has many Hindu Nationalists and fanatics. These types of groups like the BNP or France, Austria were very quickly sidelined, In Austria, the EU and the US refused to recognise the Nationalists and hence Government collapsed. What happens in India, they got voted into power. That just goes to show the mindset of Fanatical Indians. On the other hand Sir, please don;t get me to bring out Indian historical facts which have occured in your so called proud democracy, like gujarat, ayodhya, christian genocide etc etc etc.

Pakistan has an elected Government, and currently going through turbulent times, prove to me that the army is control of Pakistan or running Pakistan. This is a typical pathetic Indian rant on no merit. PA gives its views and concerns and that is the dealings they have in Pakistan, and rightfully so.

PA if fully in control of its armed forces, unlike Inida, where Generals are accused of land fraud, and a SERVING military officer is involved in bombings whereby trying to blame Muslims, this is just one case where this man has been caught. How many more are there where Indian soldiers have been involved and got away with it by blaming Muslims in Indias past. We all know of the scandal where Indian soldiers killed innocent kashmiris during the Kashmir freedom struggle to gain promotions. How far does this treachery go???????????

At least the terrorists that do get involved and either arrested or killed in Pakistan and elsewhere are retired from the PA and no longer part of the establishment.

Quite astonishing, how a group of "terrorists" travelled 500 miles from Karachi to Mumbai, in a merchant ship which travels at a maximum speed of 8 kph, avoid Indian navy and scanners, use dingies to enter Indian shore, attacked Mumbai and kill Mr Karkare, the man investigating Col Prohit himself along with Karkare's henchmen. Hmmm very mysterious.

So your little evidence gathering is nothing more then pathetic.

India needs to come down from this superiorty complex and Pakistan needs to start highlighting Indian State sponsored terrorism in Pakistan openly in the media rather then trying to be diplomatic with a country like India who is savage in its manner.

wikipedia, is an open source, which can be edited by anyone.

And one sided stories are full in the wikipedia.

Valiant_Soul & jagjitnatt, sorry to be saying but very pathetic sarcasm from both of you.

ok. so wiki is not a source acc to you. don't tell me wiki is indian.then tell me what is a source. is it zaid hamid? or some pak general? tell me what is a source.

admit it. you are not a bhram gyani and every country other than Pak cannot be wrong.

I think your getting yorself confused with yourself.

India has a superiorty complex issue whereby it assumes everything it says about its neighbour are correct AND Pakistan should ACCEPT it.

If you cannot have an adult conversation and discuss matters whereby respecting other persons views then You Sir are in the wrong place

wikipedia, is an open source, which can be edited by anyone.

And one sided stories are full in the wikipedia.

Valiant_Soul & jagjitnatt, sorry to be saying but very pathetic sarcasm from both of you.

Taimikhan, its not sarcasm, its stupidity. India can do no wrong. They do not do State sponsored terrorism at all. They are pure and the world is unclean as India is ALWAYS RIGHT.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom