What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
we resolved this dispute back in 1962 and agreed that Akshai Chin is an integral part of China thus we no longer have any border disputes with China and that laid the key foundations of friendship of Pakistan and China. Before we had recognized china but our relationships were not as trust worthy as they became after this dispute was peacefully resolved.

In simple words we think its a part of China and we have not claimed to be a disputed area

who they are ... and how they give it to china.
kashmir is part of india and we can decide not you...
understand it .. it better for you

And why do You claim this Then???:blink: , Just to keep the Anti-India Sentiments Alive:oops:

why the double standards?

What do you mean by double standards :devil:

We sit on the tables we negotiated peacefully, found a peaceful solution of our problems and came to conclusion that Akshai Chin is an integral part of China. By this decision look at the way the friendship of Pakistan and China has developed which is considered "higher than mountains deeper than the sea".

We at least sat down on the tables and found the solution unlike India who is always relying on Do More words to avoid finding the peaceful solution of our problems

Whatever decision we took to to bring peace and stability in this region

we resolved this dispute back in 1962 and agreed that Akshai Chin is an integral part of China thus we no longer have any border disputes with China and that laid the key foundations of friendship of Pakistan and China. Before we had recognized china but our relationships were not as trust worthy as they became after this dispute was peacefully resolved.

In simple words we think its a part of China and we have not claimed to be a disputed area

So you gave a part of what you call as your home to impress China and win their trust ??:disagree:

So you gave a part of what you call as your home to impress China and win their trust ??:disagree:

Yes in order bring peace and stability sometimes you have to compromise. I am willing to comprise on Jammu & Kashmir if we can come up with such a solution where we no longer remain hostile nations. We concluded give n take like resolution of Aksai Chin and i won't mind if they go for similar resolution in disputed Kashmir

At least we brought peace in the region. And what was really common between Aksai Chin and Pakistan? Majority of them were budhists and its a tiny peace of land + among the tallest mountains of the world with very low population and speaking different language and different culture than rest of the Pakistan.

I won't mind if the divide rest of the Kashmir on the basis of religion or Votings of the kashmiri peoples

To all the Indians here running their mouth with out any evidence or proof with their statements please refer to Post # 8

I think i need to post this again...

“Based on documentary and archival evidence, Pakistan did not cede any land. On the contrary, it was China which ceded 750 square miles of administered territory to Pakistan under the Pakistan-China boundary agreement of March 3, 1963,

I think i need to post this again...

“Based on documentary and archival evidence, Pakistan did not cede any land. On the contrary, it was China which ceded 750 square miles of administered territory to Pakistan under the Pakistan-China boundary agreement of March 3, 1963,

here we are talking about aksai chin ...man grow up

how can you give them if are not owner??

here we are talking about aksai chin ...man grow up

how can you give them if are not owner??

NEW DELHI: Prominent lawyer AG Noorani has rebuffed the impression created by the Indian government, and widely accepted by Kashmiri leaders, that Pakistan ceded some Kashmiri territory to China in 1963.

At an Indo-Pak peace conference on Monday, People’s Conference Chairman Sajjad Ghani Lone had accused Pakistan of “gifting” Kashmiri territory to China. A few years ago, Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front chief Amanullah Khan had levelled similar allegations. Separatists have recently picked up the issue and demanded Beijing’s involvement in the Kashmir dispute. “Based on documentary and archival evidence, Pakistan did not cede any land. On the contrary, it was China which ceded 750 square miles of administered territory to Pakistan under the Pakistan-China boundary agreement of March 3, 1963,” Noorani told Daily Times.

He said according to Article 2 of the agreement, after the settlement of the Kashmir dispute between Pakistan and India, the sovereign authority concerned will reopen negotiations about the boundary with the Chinese government of the People’s Republic of China. iftikhar gilani
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-1-2010_pg7_40

read again this is what was posted by DB. And how can we have given akashichin to China when the article clearly states that Pakistan never ceded any land to china on the contrary it was china that gave up 750 SQM to Pakistan. So you need to grow up.

I though that by opening this can of crap you were actually in a mood to put up a discussion and listen to others as well. The reality has been the opposite you just rang the alarm in trollistan and all the call center freaks all over india are now going to post as per their limited knowledge about this issue.

Yes in order bring peace and stability sometimes you have to compromise. I am willing to comprise on Jammu & Kashmir if we can come up with such a solution where we no longer remain hostile nations. We concluded give n take like resolution of Aksai Chin and i won't mind if they go for similar resolution in disputed Kashmir

At least we brought peace in the region. And what was really common between Aksai Chin and Pakistan? Majority of them were budhists and its a tiny peace of land + among the tallest mountains of the world with very low population and speaking different language and different culture than rest of the Pakistan.

I won't mind if the divide rest of the Kashmir on the basis of religion or Votings of the kashmiri peoples

ok I take it as your personal opinion since different people think diffrenetly.
In my opinion I would not give any part of my homeland.I am sure if it was a Chinese land,then they wont give their land as well.
A true friend does not need to be offered land to make them trust me and if the people of that region are not common with us or their language not similar to us then it becomes a matter of proud to me which makes my country more diverse,for eg.India where you have several cutures with different languages.
but as I said since its your own view and it has been done because perhaps it was your country's policy to bring peace so nothing much to say.

If aksai chin was part of Kashmir

So amritsar and haryana are part of Punjab whose capital was Lahore so you intend giving us the Eastern Punjab on same premise.

ok I take it as your personal opinion since different people think diffrenetly.
In my opinion I would not give any part of my homeland.I am sure if it was a Chinese land,then they wont give their land as well.
A true friend does not need to be offered land to make them trust me and if the people of that region are not common with us or their language not similar to us then it becomes a matter of proud to me which makes my country more diverse,for eg.India where you have several cutures with different languages.
but as I said since its your own view and it has been done because perhaps it was your country's policy so nothing to say.
well as i said before we resolved all our problems with china in 1962 or 1963 and that includes Aksai Chin. It was a give and take system where if i am not wrong we were given some part of Himalayas and in return we accepted Aksai chin as an integral part of china.

We all know we could not fight with two nations (India and China) at a time considering our poor country who was only 15 year old by that time with no industrial hub or economic backbone whatsoever. China had offered us some really lurative packages that includes some parts of Karakoram ranges, all kind of land dispute was to be resolved, lot of investment in Pakistan for the first time, and defence industries (like Bangladesh ordinance factory established in Dhaka before the fall of Bangladesh) and the list is very long and in return we had to compromise on Aksai chin region only.

Look at the broader version of the picture it was not only a solution of Aksai chin but they helped us stand on our feet those days and also give us some part of land in exchange so that we do not come up with another dispute afterwards. It was a well thought plan and both countries enjoying a brotherly like friendship even today thanks to their peaceful resolutions

Hopefully my last post here

The thread was about aksai chin not the karakoram valley that AG Noorani is talking about. Besides his research is based on Chinese maps not the British ones.

He is claiming that according to CHINESE maps that China ceded territory to Pakistan i.e. China was claiming almost the top half of J&K included the Indian side.

While according to the British maps, its Pakistan that ceded territory. Now that would mean like saying that the Durran line is not valid because the British drew up that line. If the Durran line is valid so is the British maps for J&K which were signed by the then muslim ruler of Sinkiang. This was then invaded by the Chinese and made part of present day China. They revoked the treaty citing that it was an unequal treaty signed by the British. Just like what Afghanistan claimed for the Durrand line. So AG Noorani is wrong or right depending on wether the Chinese maps or the British maps are wrong or right.

u r the one who ask about killing of muslims in india .. im just want to know about your opinion in china also ....
or u set double standards for this also

Dude i didnt start the off topic discussion your friend did. so why dont you go ask him about the rest of the accusations that he laid on Pakistan.

The simple fact is that if Pakistan and china have no more disputes so if that involved giving up some land that is not of any use to us any ways so be it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom