What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
wo wo wo wo wo wo.........wait a second.

He asked you to name educated engineers and doctors and your reply is this?????? Maulana freaking Masood Azhar? And Illyas Kashmiri?

Do you know who they are?

Maulana Azhar is a well know religious fanatic and terrorist who was brainwashed by his religious education. His list of accomplishments have included kidnapping of foreign tourists and the famous hijacking of IC814.

Illyas Kashmiri studied ONE FREAKING YEAR studying communications, at the end of which he was trained to fight Afghanistan and subsequently India by YOUR Army. He has been awarded by YOUR former President Musharraf for presenting the head of an Indian army sepoy to him. And then he turned against YOUR establishment and tried to murder Musharraf and Kayani. All this is from your link only.

Dude, if you want to present educated and sane people, your choice of examples was extremely poor and in bad taste as well.

Your fellow countryman is trying to say that the majority of the freedom fighters in kashmir do not have an education and get nothing if they are martyred.
I am just picking out a few examples of well know people whos histories are documented to show that the majority are educated.
Obviously when a local commander or freedom fighter dies his full education is not reprted on the media,thus it makes it a bit hard for me to give a link.
The example i have given are people that are well know by many.

Remember the point is about if the people fighting in kashmir have an education or not about if you like the guy or not.

Syed Salahudeen graduated in arts from the SP College and received a master's degree in political science from the University of Kashmir in 1971.......you might like the guy but the point is does he have a good education.

Omar Saeed Sheikh is another that most people night not like but thats not the point......does he have a good education? The guy went to the London School of Economics.

As i said before,these people lifes are well documented so its easy for me to get the info and that the reason why am posting it and not becauce i agree with all of there methods.

Edit: Can someone guide me as to whether this post by 'dabong1' can be reported for support of terrorism?

:rofl::rofl::hang2:

Oh! WTH.. The whole thread has gone off topic..Cross border firing linked to insurgents.. Now we are really abstracting it up.. I dont think we have reached a stage where we consider Pakistani Rangers/Army and insurgents as same. Helping each other, yes.. Same.. I dont think so..

So getting back at topic.. Here's some better news for Indians

3 militants killed in Kashmir | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-05-19

Srinagar: Three separatist guerrillas, including a top commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen militant outfit, were on Wednesday killed in a gunfight with security forces in south Kashmir's Pulwama district, police said.

Acting on a tip-off, an operation was launched in the morning jointly by the Special Operations Group (SOG) and the Rashtriya Rifles against militants hiding in Lassidaban (Keller) village of Pulwama district, 55 km from here, a senior police officer said.

"As the security forces surrounded the house in which the militants were holed up, they opened up heavy automatic gunfire at the surrounding security forces, resulting in a gunfight that ended in the afternoon," the officer said.

"Three militants including Lateef Tendwa, the divisional commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen outfit, his associate Ayaj Bhat and another unidentified militant were killed in this operation," he added.

Police said Lateef Tendwa was wanted in a number of killings he had carried out in areas in south Kashmir

:victory::victory:

And some more :victory::victory:

Pakistani LeT commander, aide killed in Jammu and Kashmir

JAMMU - The Indian Army said it killed Wednesday a top Pakistani commander of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) outfit and his aide in a fierce gun battle in Jammu and Kashmir’s Doda district.

Abdullah Anas or Abu Anas, a self-styled divisional commander of the LeT, was gunned down inside a house in Judi Khurd area, 190 km northeast of Jammu, the state’s winter capital.

Abu Anas was also the main ‘hawala’ coordinator for LeT, responsible for clandestine money transfers in Jammu and Kashmir.

Also killed was his trusted aide Abu Maaz, also a Pakistani.

Acting on a tip, soldiers from the 26 and 31 battalions of Rashtriya Rifles - a counter-insurgency force of the army - surrounded the house.

“Four civilians were evacuated from the house to ensure they were not harmed,” said army spokesperson Lt. Col. Biplab Nath in a statement.

Once that happened, the fighting started between the troops and the holed up guerrillas.

“There was heavy exchange of fire after terrorists opened fire at the troops around 1 p.m. (Wednesday). This continued for two hours before the terrorists were gunned down,” Lt. Col. Nath said.

Soldiers recovered two AK-47 rifles from the dead men.

An army official said the two Pakistanis routinely molested local women.

“Fearing reprisals, the locals chose to turn a blind eye. The two were actively involved in planning terror strikes against security forces,” the official said.

“For the security forces, the neutralization of the two LeT militants is a resounding success,” he said.

@ Fox bat:

WAt...!!! 7 for no loss..!!

Ur just a god sent messenger delivering all the good news...Keep it up bro....:tup:

Last edited:
'one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter'.

Agno, I feel this is a wrong way of defining a terrorist. In a way this definition justifies terrorist acts. If this definition were true, even Osama bin Laden cannot be termed a terrorist unequivocally. After all, even Osama bin Laden is a freedom fighter for some and terrorist for others.

Your fellow countryman is trying to say that the majority of the freedom fighters in kashmir do not have an education and get nothing if they are martyred.
I am just picking out a few examples of well know people whos histories are documented to show that the majority are educated.
Obviously when a local commander or freedom fighter dies his full education is not reprted on the media,thus it makes it a bit hard for me to give a link.
The example i have given are people that are well know by many.

Remember the point is about if the people fighting in kashmir have an education or not about if you like the guy or not.

Syed Salahudeen graduated in arts from the SP College and received a master's degree in political science from the University of Kashmir in 1971.......you might like the guy but the point is does he have a good education.

Omar Saeed Sheikh is another that most people night not like but thats not the point......does he have a good education? The guy went to the London School of Economics.

As i said before,these people lifes are well documented so its easy for me to get the info and that the reason why am posting it and not becauce i agree with all of there methods.

I think they are not front line fighters, they might simply sit in a chair and call shots. There is no need for you prove that they are front line fighters or not, as the two terrorists qualification you provided is a bit of shock. London school of Economics and then terrorism ? A waste of a seat in London School of Economics.

So the last one is your Government treating them as same as they treat your Army.

@ Fox bat:

WAt...!!! 7 for no loss..!!

Ur just a god sent messenger delivering all the good news...Keep it up bro....:tup:

honestly its my buddy Karan who prodded me to post this. Am not too big on following news but with him not wanting to post in this thread and what not, it seems I have become his proxy..

But as long as the news is as good as above, I am not complaining..:azn:

I think they are not front line fighters, they might simply sit in a chair and call shots.
There is no need for you prove that they are front line fighters or not,

I think that you will find that the common indian foot soldier on the front line also does not hold a degree,the ones calling the shots like the generals,majors ect will be the ones that hold qualifications.

as the two terrorists qualification you provided is a bit of shock. London school of Economics and then terrorism ? A waste of a seat in London School of Economics.

Off course the majority freedom fighters did not go to the London School of Economics and omar sheikh is a bit of an extreme example but the point about the freedom fighters being "uneducated" is false.
If you check all the liberation movement around the world you will that the majority the people involved do have some sort of education,with lower section of the group making up the footsoldiers while the better educated in the higher postions,the same as any organisation in the world.

So the last one is your Government treating them as same as they treat your Army.

In what way?

@Dabong1

post # 511..?

Oh! WTH.. The whole thread has gone off topic..Cross border firing linked to insurgents.. Now we are really abstracting it up.. I dont think we have reached a stage where we consider Pakistani Rangers/Army and insurgents as same. Helping each other, yes.. Same.. I dont think so..

The reason for posting the killing of the IA soldiers in this thread was because a news report did point out that it was not certain whether the firing was from insurgents or PA/ranger positions (this was specifically mentioned when merging).

No comments were made about the PA/Rangers and insurgents 'being the same', and I would appreciate it if you refrain from trolling next time by implying that.

Agno, I feel this is a wrong way of defining a terrorist. In a way this definition justifies terrorist acts. If this definition were true, even Osama bin Laden cannot be termed a terrorist unequivocally. After all, even Osama bin Laden is a freedom fighter for some and terrorist for others.

I didn't say that was the 'definition of a terrorist', I said that people from different POV make those distinctions and moderators will take that into account. There are certain groups that openly murder civilians and advocate the murder of civilians, such as Al Qaeda, TTP, BLA etc.

There is no question such groups are engaging in terrorism.

OBL claimed the WTC bombings (according to most - there are some who contest the veracity of the 'confession'), so by that yardstick there is no question he engaged in terrorism.

The reason for posting the killing of the IA soldiers in this thread was because a news report did point out that it was not certain whether the firing was from insurgents or PA/ranger positions (this was specifically mentioned when merging).

No comments were made about the PA/Rangers and insurgents 'being the same', and I would appreciate it if you refrain from trolling next time by implying that.

Oh..C'mon.. You are just busting me for nothing.. Not at all implying that. As a matter of fact was objecting to mixing the news of IA men killed by cross border firing in the thread reserved for the fight between IA and "pro freedom insurgents" ;). If my use of language created any confusion, I apologize, but I have utmost respect for military men (of any country) even if they are fighting against mine. Would never term them to be same as folks who in my books are nothing but glorified terrorists.

I didn't say that was the 'definition of a terrorist', I said that people from different POV make those distinctions and moderators will take that into account. There are certain groups that openly murder civilians and advocate the murder of civilians, such as Al Qaeda, TTP, BLA etc.

There is no question such groups are engaging in terrorism.

OBL claimed the WTC bombings (according to most - there are some who contest the veracity of the 'confession'), so by that yardstick there is no question he engaged in terrorism.

This reminds me of a famous dialog from Shakti (Amitabh-dilip kumar starrer)

Chor wo hota hai, jo pakda jai.. Chori wo hoti hai jo saabit ho...

I mean there is no way a Pakistani would ever term a Kashmiri militant as a terrorist, no matter how many civilians he kills. That goes against the basic principles of Pakistan's ideology. To make life simple and reduce the barrage of Indian members blaming Pakistani members for supporting terrorism, I suggest the mods should simply exclude all happeneings in Kashmir (unless done by Indian Army) from being termed as terrorism. civilians or no civilians. The result will remain the same.. At least, the unnecessary and no impact posts by some naive Indian members would get reduced..

Just my 2 cents...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom