What's new

Kashmir pact was just a signature away

And what exactly stops us from implementing this plan in the future? Let the relations between the two countries get better, maybe a few years down the line.....

An admirable effort,i think this is the only way forward.demilitarization of both kashmirs.officially loc the the border between the countries,but no troops on either side.kashmiris given total autonomy short of declaring an independent nation or seceding to either nation.they can determine their own destinies without interference from both nations but both nations must pledge that kashmir autonomy will not be downplayed and the people economically suppported and there will be no surprise attack by any side to grab all kashmir after its demilitarized and forces withdrwan.Also it would be essential that people and parties in both countries are practical about it and don't trump it up as a victory for any side but rather an amicable solution to a complex problem,and the only practically feasible one.and an end to bloodletting that has continued for 60 yrs.4 wars resulted in nothing practical as he said.Its right we should give peace a chance.
But the real question is -who is going to put the bell round the cat's neck.
in both countries any government that tries to bring up this proposal will come under withering fire from the opposition who will inevitably oppose it violently,especially bjp thugs and islamist radical groups.
Leaders in both countries will need backbone to do this and while manmohan singh might show it[like vs left in nuke deal] i don't think zardari has powerbase or resolve to do anything.maybe if musharaf was in charge.:)

this is a solution which looks good..i think both countries should start rebuilding their trust n move towards it..with passage of time things will get better even if such a solution is not accepted by some fanatics...we need peace in the region as long as kashmiris are satisied..

I think this solution is unacceptable....It could give wrong signal to other states.....Other states may also ask for some anatomy....which is against Integration of India...
I think we should maintain status quo & peace should be encouraged by sweeping out the terrorism

I think this solution is unacceptable....It could give wrong signal to other states.....Other states may also ask for some anatomy....which is against Integration of India...
I think we should maintain status quo & peace should be encouraged by sweeping out the terrorism

kashmir is a problem which involves pakistan--an external actor..this should be reason enough to stop other internal states seeking autonomy..
n terrorism must be abolished irrespective of the fact that india n pakistan move forward or not...but they should!!

Anything that brings peace is welcome.

well,I do not think it is possible till 2014....thanks to hung parliament in india......
the opposition has already warned the government to not to do any secret agreement on Kashmir.....
BJP,rest of NDA,Left,Forword block,SP,BSP & even many supporters of government will not agree....& government will be helpless

well,I do not think it is possible till 2014....thanks to hung parliament in india......
the opposition has already warned the government to not to do any secret agreement on Kashmir.....
BJP,rest of NDA,Left,Forword block,SP,BSP & even many supporters of government will not agree....& government will be helpless

very much true,i wish bjp govt come as they will not compromise on kashmir

I can't believe it was ever a signature away that is because whenever a Kashmir dispute is resolved....... both of the governments will create such an environment where peoples of either countries can be convinced in the peaceful resolution of Kashmir and when the announcement is made or the signatures signed the majority of the peoples are willing it accept the decision.

There was never such a moment in our lives where the majority of both nations could agree on any kind of peaceful solution of this problem. Pakistani neither wants to lose Kashmir nor divide into pieces. Similar is the case for indians so the leadership will have to come up with such a solution where both countries could agreed upon (like Give n take + water dispute resolved for good) and the public is willing to accept that decision.

Zaki Bhai, there will never be any political will in either of the countries to lose ground on Kashmir. Who ever does so, commits political suicide, considering how sensitive the topic is amongst the people. There can never be a mutual solution. Thats the harsh reality!!

I can't believe it was ever a signature away that is because whenever a Kashmir dispute is resolved....... both of the governments will create such an environment where peoples of either countries can be convinced in the peaceful resolution of Kashmir and when the announcement is made or the signatures signed the majority of the peoples are willing it accept the decision.

There was never such a moment in our lives where the majority of both nations could agree on any kind of peaceful solution of this problem. Pakistani neither wants to lose Kashmir nor divide into pieces. Similar is the case for indians so the leadership will have to come up with such a solution where both countries could agreed upon (like Give n take + water dispute resolved for good) and the public is willing to accept that decision.

the problem is that It is a zero sum game......so win-win situation is not possible

Zaki Bhai, there will never be any political will in either of the countries to lose ground on Kashmir. Who ever does so, commits political suicide, considering how sensitive the topic is amongst the people. There can never be a mutual solution. Thats the harsh reality!!

Nothing is permanent my friend

Sada na baghi bulbul bolay
Sada naa bagh baharan
Sada naa ma pay husn jawani
Sada naa sohbat yaran

Even this matter will be resolved one day or another - History never stops repeating itself

the problem is that It is a zero sum game......so win-win situation is not possible

Well yes you are right but peoples from both nations are fed up of this problem now. They want to move ahead and resolve this problem for good. I am sure some positive steps have been taken by the both respective governments both are at least willing to listen to each other. Before they never used to sit on the tables for negotiations and now at least they hold meetings with each other on regular basis and something is being done. I know it will take some time but if the government of both nations wants they can educate peoples to take this matter lightly and soon one day or another they will come up with a proper solution of Kashmir.

Trust me this matter is more sensitive in Pakistan than in India as we consider Kashmiri brothers like our next door neighbours and even a kid of 5 years is singing songs like "Meray watan teri jannat main aayen ge ik din". Trust me if they come up with such a solution where the Muslims of Kashmir can be merged with Pakistan and Hindus with India and can have voting for Budhists. I am sure the majority of Pakistanis can be convinced and the case will come upto the indian peoples and they can also demand something better or equivalent in return.

It is just upon the leadership if they are honest they can come up with a solution

Back
Top Bottom