What's new

Kashmir pact was just a signature away

very much true,i wish bjp govt come as they will not compromise on kashmir

The BJP govt. was going to give the kashmir valley and keep hindu majority jammu and buddhist majority ladakh as indian states. Besides the contours of the solution has been set. If a solution has to come keeping in mind the current situation it would most likely be this.

Not everyone will be happy, but as long as a majority of the people on all sides are happy then only political will is needed to push the solution through.

I can't believe it was ever a signature away that is because whenever a Kashmir dispute is resolved....... both of the governments will create such an environment where peoples of either countries can be convinced in the peaceful resolution of Kashmir and when the announcement is made or the signatures signed the majority of the peoples are willing it accept the decision.

There was never such a moment in our lives where the majority of both nations could agree on any kind of peaceful solution of this problem. Pakistani neither wants to lose Kashmir nor divide into pieces. Similar is the case for indians so the leadership will have to come up with such a solution where both countries could agreed upon (like Give n take + water dispute resolved for good) and the public is willing to accept that decision.

I actually think that the acceptance of resolution of Kashmir in the minds of people is a lot easier than most people think. The solution mentioned above is probably the most likely one to go through. Most Indians don't harbour dreams of getting back the part of Kashmir in Pakistan's control no matter what the rhetoric, I'm slightly more doubtful of what may be acceptable to Pakistanis but I think that most are tired of this issue and would go along with the solution provided the Pakistani Army makes it clear that they are on board with the government on this one.

I'm not very clear on what "complete demilitarisation" means. I think it is very unlikely that there would be no forces on the LoC & LoAC. I think it more likely that this probably means that population centres will be demilitarised and that most forces would be confined to their bases.

I think it unfortunate that it did not happen when Gen.Musharraf was in charge if only to confirm the army's backing of such a plan. One can judge with the amount of vitriol that the present Pakistani government is subjected to by a lot of people including from this forum, that their ability to sell such an agreement would be a matter of grave concern both to the people at large and more specifically to the Indian government which has to travel this treacherous and difficult road with them. Nothing can be more worse than expending a lot of political capital on such a solution only to find yourself undercut by the inability of your partner to hold up his end of the bargain.

As i said earlier, we have to get rest of our Kashmir back.

It's just not worth it dude. I personally don't want another 1947 like situation when families have to be relocated and more ill-will is created.

This stupid dispute has been going on for far too long. Lets just call it a tie, and get on with out lives.

As i said earlier, we have to get rest of our Kashmir back.

And how can that be achieved? nuke pakistan or maybe we should send secret hindu settlers there and start a proxy war. Until we have morons like you there would be no peace in this region.

And how can that be achieved? nuke pakistan or maybe we should send secret hindu settlers there and start a proxy war. Until we have morons like you there would be no peace in this region.

Did i say nuke Pakistan? Or mention proxy war? Listen troll, we do not need peace in the region. The status quo is working perfectly in our favour. I have my ideas and pseudo intellectuals like have yours. Lets not debate any further!!

The BJP govt. was going to give the kashmir valley and keep hindu majority jammu and buddhist majority ladakh as indian states. Besides the contours of the solution has been set. If a solution has to come keeping in mind the current situation it would most likely be this.

Not everyone will be happy, but as long as a majority of the people on all sides are happy then only political will is needed to push the solution through.

No elected government has the right to 'give' any part of India to anyone. Any decision of this magnitude would necessarily need to have a complete consensus of the people of India. We are not talking about passing a Finance Bill here. We can keep conjecturing on what might have happened. But the hardened mood in India today will ensure it will never actually happen. We do not need to give up anything. We simply need to protect our people and go on with life business as usual. No country worth its salt bends under pressure. Every country worth its salt knows how to apply pressure, and where to apply pressure. There can never be a mutual solution to Kashmir. The day our countries went nuclear the die was cast. We need to simply learn to live with what we have and give up on what we do not. Anything else will only cause heart and continental burn. And speaking of happiness, the Indian govet's only duty is to worry about the happiness of the Indian people. All Indian people.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom