What's new

Key meetings planned as army chief arrives in US

This has been a critique, of sometimes the photographer, sometimes the PS to COAS, and sometimes the COAS himself. Take any picture of him, this one, the one in Belgium, UK visit, and a few more, unflattering to say the least.

Wonder who the photographer is, from Pakistani press pool or US?
Or is the subject just unflattering. LOL!!

Someone who gives pool photographs needs to be fired. This is a very unflattering picture of our Chief, and most likely done by design.
His buckled leg, his scruffled uniform, the wry smile on his face. This pool picture is horrendous. Regardless of our views on the Chief, his office represents a Pakistani Military office and his loss or erosion of brand especially in international settings is a Pakistani loss. I am the most fierce critic of the Chief as it relates to his shenanigans within Pakistan. But outside Pakistan he reps us all, whether we like it or not.
If you really want to worry, find something else besides crumpled uniform. Like there was no Defense minister meeting U.S. Defense secretary. That is a much more unflattering picture than a Chief in a wheelchair. The Pakistani brand will be greatly enhanced when the guy at the other end of the phone call says "Sir, speak with our Defense minister".

He said army has no role in politics why he is there in first place he is not the head of the state

Why are you surprised?

Ambassadors and foreign ministers come and meet our COAS first, then the PM or FM.

COAS takes diplomatic trips to China and KSA and UAE.

There's rumors that a meeting with Blinken is being hashed out as well. Imagine that!

Every one knows who has the real authority in Pakistan, just like IK admitted for his time he was on the "same page" as his installers.

Every one knows who has the real authority in Pakistan, just like IK admitted for his time he was on the "same page" as his installers.
Keep in mind - this relationship isn’t all “bad”.
There is a lot of goodwill that despite all the public gripe that exists between US-MIL and PA/PAF leadership. That goodwill does translate at times when briefings are given in the oval office too.

So while the system is broken - the relationship kept alive on the military to military side has its benefits

Keep in mind - this relationship isn’t all “bad”.
There is a lot of goodwill that despite all the public gripe that exists between US-MIL and PA/PAF leadership. That goodwill does translate at times when briefings are given in the oval office too.

So while the system is broken - the relationship kept alive on the military to military side has its benefits

Nowhere did I say that this is bad. Or good. I merely recognize that it is the Pakistani system as it is and not what it is claimed to be, that is all, without any judgement. And luckily for both sides, it works to deliver some benefits too, as you mentioned. I see no reason for anything to change, to be honest.

Nowhere did I say that this is bad. Or good. I merely recognize that it is the Pakistani system as it is and not what it is claimed to be, that is all, without any judgement. And luckily for both sides, it works to deliver some benefits too, as you mentioned. I see no reason for anything to change, to be honest.
They are not as a society - either educated, literate or culturally evolved enough to want to yet.

Be it by design or self propagating narrative it is oddly analogous to American exceptionalism… in that regardless of changing realities or not it is part of our 🇺🇸 culture. The same way, this quasi military-mullah-feudal culture built on elitism and embedded corruption is taken part and participle of life.

Back
Top Bottom