What's new

Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa, new name for NWFP

then what will be new name of Punjab???????

All saraki,punjabi,hinko speaking people belong to jat ,rajput,balouch and pushtoon families living in punjab.

Rename it to whatever you like. Names are merely symbolic. If renaming provinces resolves conflicts I'm all for it.

Rename it to whatever you like. Names are merely symbolic. If renaming provinces resolves conflicts I'm all for it.

Renaming the state to the name of an ethnic group could lead to negative things in long term .
You know what i mean to say !

But what is the ethnicity of People who call themselves Panjabi and speak Panjabi?

Scythians (Jat) ,Rajputs punjabi speaking(central punjab) and Balouch(Kurd) siraiki speaking(south punjab),North Punjab (Pushtoons hindco speaking).

Punjab is mixture of ethnic clans but jat and rajput clans are in majority.

Scythians (Jat) ,Rajputs punjabi speaking(central punjab) and Balouch(Kurd) siraiki speaking(south punjab),North Punjab (Pushtoons hindco speaking).

Punjab is mixture of ethnic clans but jat and rajput clans are in majority.

I cant understand it, perhaps my knowledge about panjab is limited. i have got panjabi frineds, they call themselves panjabis, they speak panjabi and their province is panjab. if we go to sub tribes, then pashtoons have also got different branches.

but how about Balouchistan? it is an ethnic name.

Why dont they just make it KHYBER (The historical Khyber pass)? I dont think anybody here will have dispute on khyber except ANP.

Renaming the state to the name of an ethnic group could lead to negative things in long term .
You know what i mean to say !

I don't know whether it could lead to problems, but denying people to rename their province doesn't seem like a matter of life and death to me. I believe that in the long term it can lead to more stability. Besides, I believe that Pakistan should experiment with providing more autonomy on a provincial level. Such a model has worked for many developed nations. Especially, in the case of Pakistan where societies are more or less fragmented on the lines of ethnicity such a model could pay its dividends.

Hell, just change the name of NWFP and finish up one agenda of ANP, who is playing biggel and stupid NWFP people are dancing behind that without any stupid reason. ANP always win in NWFP, and while living at NWFP i don't know what is the stupid reason people vote for them. They don't do any development work, some of development work which are done are so pathetically managed that just after sometimes they collapse.

Most amazing thing is they are wining in NWFP from last 65 years yet can't manage to implement their stupid agendas. & whole nation is suffering today because of them.

Hell, just change the name of NWFP and finish up one agenda of ANP, who is playing biggel and stupid NWFP people are dancing behind that without any stupid reason. ANP always win in NWFP, and while living at NWFP i don't know what is the stupid reason people vote for them. They don't do any development work, some of development work which are done are so pathetically managed that just after sometimes they collapse.

Most amazing thing is they are wining in NWFP from last 65 years yet can't manage to implement their stupid agendas. & whole nation is suffering today because of them.

Whilst I'm not a supporter of parties based on ethnicity (which by the way goes against the spirit of unity) this unfortunately is the reality in Pakistan. Please don't make NWFP an exception. Unfortunately, all other provinces in Pakistan follow the same thought. Every leader and party likes to brag about their province and their people. Just look at the elections. This disease has always existed all across Pakistan. The main question is whether we now want to exacerbate matters? I don't think so. Just let people vent their frustration through such little symbolic gestures which cause no harm. Pakistan is facing far greater challenges which need full attention. ANP, PPP, MQM etc. are all a reality. They are there and we have to make the best out of this situation.

I cant understand it, perhaps my knowledge about panjab is limited. i have got panjabi frineds, they call themselves panjabis, they speak panjabi and their province is panjab. if we go to sub tribes, then pashtoons have also got different branches.

but how about Balouchistan? it is an ethnic name.

Punjabi and Pusto ,hindco ,siraki are sister languages which are sub branches of indo-greek language.

You need to read old history of scythians who ruled india from 85BC and basically founder of budhisim religion, they are also linked with 10 lost tribes of israel , they ruled Persia defeated Cirus the great and then defeated by Dares the great and then settled in India near indus valley.
Their first ruler was Maues the great and then Asoka the great and so on.

Balouchis are basically kurd tribe settled in Balouchistan was basically part of Perian empire .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythian

Last edited by a moderator:
Punjabi and Pusto ,hindco ,siraki are sister languages which are sub branches of indo-greek language.

You need to read old history of scythians who ruled india from 85BC and basically founder of budhisim religion, they are also linked with 10 lost tribes of israel , they ruled Persia defeated Cirus the great and then defeated by Dares the great and then settled in India near indus valley.
Their first ruler was Maues the great and then Asoka the great and so on.

Balouchis are basically kurd tribe settled in Balouchistan was basically part of Perian empire .

I dont know if old indians defeated persia, this is new to me. But to your information Pashtoo is more related to Farsi than Panjabi and it is indo european not indo greak as you say.

and here you go, again about the theory of lost tribes of israel.

no matter what you say, balouch is an ethnic group and balouchistan has an ethnic name, debating the balouchs origin is off topic.

Lot of Punjabis and Kashmiris are also living in NWFP , also add two more names

Pakhtoon Hazara Punjabi Kashmiri Khwa will be better name:lol:

In khohat ,Bunu Peshawar,dera ismail khan,mianwali majority population speak hindko (punjabi)

Can we shorten the name as "PH" for us non-Pakistanis?:pakistan:

I dont know if old indians defeated persia, this is new to me. But to your information Pashtoo is more related to Farsi than Panjabi and it is indo european not indo greak as you say.

and here you go, again about the theory of lost tribes of israel.

no matter what you say, balouch is an ethnic group and balouchistan has an ethnic name, debating the balouchs origin is off topic.

Scythians basically ruled india , were also ruler of Persian empire , they defeated Cirus the great .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythian

Majority of Punjabis belong to Scythians( jats and Rajputs tribes)

Punjabi and Pushto basically indo- iranian languages
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/IndoEuropeanTree.svg

Khyber and Abaseen were good names as well but still there is no real issue as long as it pleases the people.
Name can be changed because NWFP is not a proper name and does not have any other affiliation with the province except a name carried forward from the British era, Punjab, Sindh and Baluchistan are names having one reason or another of belonging to the so named province...NWFP had no such basis.

whats wrong in Pakhtoonkhwa when other's names are also sindh, punjab, baloch...

Why not indians politicians decide to rename their provinces ?
eg. UP means utter pardesh etc. it should be renamed as some thing on linguistic base!

Back
Top Bottom