What's new

Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa, new name for NWFP

And alive in NWFP and pakhtoon parts of Balouchistan. Pakhtoons never have a love for Panjabis who i think comprise majority of pakistan. This idea is also well alive in the heads of Pashtoons of afghanistan(but not other ethnic groups) and pakistan can certainly feel it.

Province of Punjab does not comprise of a single ethnic group and Pashtuns have no issues with Punjabis on a people to people level...
I have lived in all provinces and have seen no such thing except the rantings of those few who are racist and such people are everywhere, many members of my family served in all parts of Pakistan and i have many Pashtuns as family friends...this is not the case i have seen or felt, so i guess any such aspirations on the other side of the border will be met with disappointment...

There are disagreements amongst all provinces but these things are on administration level in management of resources and not because of any other reason.
The Punjabi dominance threat has been proven to be really nothing more than a bogey...we have had PMs, Presidents, COASs, CJs, IGs and many other important posts being served by people from all provinces...
On purely ethnic lines even the current Chief Minister of Punjab is Kashmiri and not truly Punjabi speaking...so much for Punjabi dominance...

So i reckon that in Afghanistan all is rosy between the Pashtuns, Tajiks, Uzbeks, Hazaras...no tensions whatsoever?

If the name Pakhtoonkhwa is taken for NWFP, what name would be given FATA if/when it becomes a full-fledged province?

I think it can be given a lot of names or maybe even split into 2 provinces.
Maybe it shall be named Khyber or Abaseen...names which were proposed for NWFP.

I hope its not predatorville or reaperdale...

I think most practical idea will be merged all four provinces into one unit and then small states based on equal population can be made and named on great independence leaders and poets , for example Ghushal Khan Kattak,Adbul Rab Nistar(NWFP)Allama Iqbal(Kashmir),QuaideAzam ,liaqat Ali Khan(Sindh),Choudary Rahmat Ali, Baba Bula Shah, Baba Fareed(Punjab),Nawab Akbar Bukti(Balouchistan).

Names of cities,airports,railways stations,universities,mosques shall be renamed on great muslim war heros,shaba RA and nishan haider holders.

FATA will most likely get Provincial Status which they want to get.They dont want to merge with Pakhtoonkhwa rather they want GOP to grant them full provincial status.I think FATA should be named Khyber its a nice name.

It's all about votes.

Hazara's vote for PML-N Pashtuns vote for ANP, this way both of them are satisfied.

Province of Punjab does not comprise of a single ethnic group and Pashtuns have no issues with Punjabis on a people to people level...

If it has more ethnic groups than Panjabis, then it shouldnt have this ethnic name to represent one ethnic group.

And alive in NWFP and pakhtoon parts of Balouchistan. Pakhtoons never have a love for Panjabis who i think comprise majority of pakistan. This idea is also well alive in the heads of Pashtoons of afghanistan(but not other ethnic groups) and pakistan can certainly feel it.

When I said Afghanistan should be a 6th/7th province of Pakistan I was saying so because I am a full blooded Khattak, the original home of the Khattaks (little do people know) is current day Loghar and Ghazni.

We share everything, history, religion, culture and on and on. and we supply them with their bread, fuel etc. etc. Afghanistan is my ancestor's land and Pakistan is mine, we should unite, unity gives strength.

Put your nationalism aside, think of the EU and NATO like organizations, this is the age of unity, otherwise, be left alone, as individual islands (In Urdu - Derh Eent ki masjid) and get free A** rapes (sorry for the French but this goes to show the severity) like Afghnistan is being subjected to!

Our ancestors (I can proudly declare mine because they were workers of the Pakistan freedom movement) stood for Pakistan. As Pushtoons we will die by our word, and we will always be Pakistanis to whatever end :pakistan:

As for Pushtoons having issues with Punjabis, if there are any, they are miserable self delusional idiots - As Muslims and Pakistanis, there is no nationalism before fraternity, shame on all those who think so, they are only FASCISTS!!

When I said Afghanistan should be a 6th/7th province of Pakistan I was saying so because I am a full blooded Khattak, the original home of the Khattaks (little do people know) is current day Loghar and Ghazni.

We share everything, history, religion, culture and on and on. and we supply them with their bread, fuel etc. etc. Afghanistan is my ancestor's land and Pakistan is mine, we should unite, unity gives strength.

Put your nationalism aside, think of the EU and NATO like organizations, this is the age of unity, otherwise, be left alone, as individual islands (In Urdu - Derh Eent ki masjid) and get free A** rapes (sorry for the French but this goes to show the severity) like Afghnistan is being subjected to!

Our ancestors (I can proudly declare mine because they were workers of the Pakistan freedom movement) stood for Pakistan. As Pushtoons we will die by our word, and we will always be Pakistanis to whatever end :pakistan:

As for Pushtoons having issues with Punjabis, if there are any, they are miserable self delusional idiots - As Muslims and Pakistanis, there is no nationalism before fraternity, shame on all those who think so, they are only FASCISTS!!

Good for you, but not all pashtoons think this way. And yes, you talked about Islam, Pakistan well knows how to use islam as a political tool for their agenda.

Can someone please explain to me who the Hazaras are? Obviously I read about the Hazara's on Wiki, but the reason I ask is.....

I was recently watching the movie "The Kite Runner" and there is a scene where this teenage Bully refers to a Hazara servant boy as "Flat nosed Hazara" claiming that they pollute the purity of the land of the Pushtuns.....following it up by sodomizing the little boy later in the movie to "teach the pig a lesson".....

Can someone who is ethnic Pushtun or has lived in or around these areas tell me what the issue is with Hazaras?

Thanks in advance....

what ever the name gets changed too...the yanks cannot tell you to do more in nwfp anymore:D....you could always say"NWFP?where is that ?there is no such thing in pakistan.":yahoo:

if our NWFP people wants name to be changed to Pakhtoonkhwa ,should be changed.there is nothing to fear about it .should be done soon i think.

Can someone please explain to me who the Hazaras are

Hazara is a cast living mostly in Afghanistan and I think in some parts of Balochistan (not sure about), but here in “Pakhtoonkhwa Hazara”, Hazara is a name of administrative division including Abbottabad, Haripur and Mansehra but keep in mind that the people living in Hazara division are also Pathan and speaks Hindko.

The actual dispute is between Hindko speaking (PML-N strong hold) and Pushto speaking pathans……ANP is a Pushto speaking political party (mainly) and wants to change the name of province, which represent Pushto speaking pathans like Pakhtoonkhwa, Afghania, Pakhtoonistan etc. Hindko speaking pathans (second majority of the province) claim their representation in proposed change names……and in my opinion “Pakhtoonkhwa Hazara” not fits the criteria......because the name “Pakhtoonkhwa” represents the Pathans and Hazara….??????

Abaseen, Khyber etc. type names is the only solution here to solve the dispute.

use any name even israilstan but please be united pakistanis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom