What's new

Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa, new name for NWFP

Punjab means land of five rivers , all pushtoon,sindhis,balochi and kashmiri living in Punjab .

We are all muslim and Pakistanis , provinces should not be named on basis of race colour or tribe.

"Sindh" is named after River Sindh and the civilization that settled around the river is called Sinhi. Its not the name of tribe that became reason to give this area name of Sindh but rather people who lived by the river adopted name as their Identification. You would be surprised that even name India is extracted from the word "Indus" which means singh. If you take perpetual meanings, Pakistan is the actual India aka Civilization of Indus than Hindustan itself.

I am afraid what name will you suggest for karachi then :eek:.

mahajar pushtoon,balouchi khawa:lol:

In sindh majority is balouchi tribes population , zardari is basically kurd /balochi but they call them sindhi

Basically Sindh is named for sindh( indus) river

Its a positive development. Find commonalities instead of differences. I would appreciate "Pakhtoonkhua Hazara" instead of "Pakhtoon Khua" alone. One of few decisions of PML-N that I endorse. :pakistan:

:rofl: many pushtoon ,sindhi and balochis are also have same thinking.

In Northern Punjab ie mianwali,attock majority is pushtoon, in central punjab gujrat ,lahore, Kashmiris and gujar, rajput and jatt are in majority, in south punjab ,balouchis are in majority.

My question was not the ethnic composion of the province, but ethnicity of Panjabis. Is panjabi an ethnic name like balouch and others?

Its just like tommorrow anyone stand aaginst govt and suggest that

Example:

I live in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Karachi and i am punjabi supose so my Area name will change into Gulshan-e-Iqbal-punjabistan...

Stupid people of this country seriously! Today we should unite ourself against our Enemy but unfortuntly our people even add more boost in Enemy agenda..

In punjabi "B MAAR KAY RAKHDETA WAY AAS MULK DA"

Pakhtoon khawa was dream of baca khan ( Sarhadi Ghandi) , you know he wanted to make Paktoonistan from Kabul to Jehlum.

Racisim was vanished by Islam 1400 year ago , there is no place of racisim is Islam.

I agree. I have no issues with the province being renamed to something else. In fact, I myself being from Pashtoon ethnicity endorse this move. It's a symbolic gesture which pleases the Pashtoon people living in that region. This region has endured a lot and if renaming the province somehow pleases the people that have suffered most it can only be beneficial. Renaming the province will not lessen loyalty towards Pakistan.

My question was not the ethnic composion of the province, but ethnicity of Panjabis. Is panjabi an ethnic name like balouch and others?

Not at all , It is land of Jat ,Raput, Pushtoons and Balouchis but they are basically invaders from central europe and central asia and persia settled in Punjab due to rivers and grazing lands of punjab.

Old indian tribes are now settled in south India .

I am quite curious to ask one question , \

I work in a petroleum company and very often visit south asia .
But strangely in my office in karachi and lahore , I could not see any sikh , hindu or any christian working .

Thats why I get a feeling that people from other religions are being neglected ! Can somebody pls address my concerns .

wrong, I have seen so many Hindus and Christians at good positions in my career but honestly no sikh so far but they would be in punjab side as they mostly live their.

I agree. I have no issues with the province being renamed to something else. In fact, I myself being from Pashtoon ethnicity endorse this move. It's a symbolic gesture which pleases the Pashtoon people living in that region. This region has endured a lot and if renaming the province somehow pleases the people that have suffered most it can only be beneficial. Renaming the province will not lessen loyalty towards Pakistan.

then what will be new name of Punjab???????

All saraki,punjabi,hinko speaking people belong to jat ,rajput,balouch and pushtoon families living in punjab.

Not at all , It is land of Jat ,Raput, Pushtoons and Balouchis but they are basically invaders from central europe and central asia and persia settled in Punjab due to rivers and grazing lands of punjab.

Old indian tribes are now settled in south India .

But what is the ethnicity of People who call themselves Panjabi and speak Panjabi?

well PML N has got its vote bank in hazara belt and therefore did not support pakhtunkwa alone.

Back
Top Bottom