What's new

Lahore Should Be Developed Like Delhi: Pak Minister

this guy needs to be tarred and feathered and then given 100 lashes a day fro 10 years....

In Los Angeles there are a very few skyscrapers but it is much better then any south asian city.

See the living standard dear.

It has 34 skyscrapers....which are taller than tallest building in Lahore .......
What about Airport?Metro rail?BRTS?

Load shedding is a rotating factor and its a common thingy....

Media exaggeration and time difference stays there.

You are talking about a report of july my dear fellow load shedding timings change every day.

It has 34 skyscrapers....which are taller than tallest building in Lahore .......
What about Airport?Metro rail?BRTS?

34 in Los Angeles or Delhi?

BTW they are very few for both cities.

About Airport, Metro rail, BRTS discussion is done.

Get a grip on yourself. You just posted this to think as if Pakistanis look up to India stuff. Please give me a break!

We Pakistanis already have better examples like Islamabad.

Please dont ever say that a Pakistani ministers takes India as an example for anything. It would be embarrassingly stupid to use India as a standard for anything.

Its an Indian source, so what can anyone expect.

pak- pak pak pak- pukaaaak .. pak- pak -pak- pukaaaak..

Are you sure?

Because Lahore got 411 million dollar for fiscal year 2012 - 2013.

Rs40 billion LDA budget approved | The Nation

My bad....i mixed it up with lahore's budget :partay:
Karachi's budget is around $700mn.
Budgets 2011-2012: Karachi gets Rs70.7b – The Express Tribune

Lahore has a GDP per capita of 5000 USD.

Delhi has a GDP per capita of 3315 USD.

List of Pakistani provinces by gross domestic product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Indian states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^ Delhi GDP per capita is taken from the report of Planning Commission of India for the year 2011–12.

While the report of Lahore is old and its GDP per capita is increased now.

haha....bhai....accoring to your links that you posted $13 billion is lahore's GDP(nominal) for 2010 and mentioned population is 7.352million. So $13 billion/7.352million = $1768.22, whiich is much lower than dehli's gdp per capita(nominal) even when the population figure is wrong, actual pop of lahore is around 12mn. I don't think any city in pakistan have better per capita income than indian cities :(

haha....bhai....accoring to your links that you posted $13 billion is lahore's GDP(nominal) for 2010 and mentioned population is 7.352million. So $13 billion/7.352million = $1768.22, whiich is much lower than dehli's gdp per capita(nominal) even when the population figure is wrong, actual pop of lahore is around 12mn. I don't think any city in pakistan have better per capita income than indian cities :(

Looks like you haven't read last line of my post.

Please give it a try now.

Are you sure?

Because Lahore got 411 million dollar for fiscal year 2012 - 2013.

Rs40 billion LDA budget approved | The Nation

Looks like you haven't read last line of my post.

Please give it a try now.

Well i read it, but the per capita growth for pakistan is close to null for last 4 years as the GDP growth is nearly equal to the population growth, so it might be possible for lahore/karachi to have even lesser per capita income than it was in 2010 as the population increases in big cities with rapid because of two factors, natural birth + rural to urban migrations.

GDP growth for pakistan:

2009 = 1.7%
2010 = 3.8%
2011 = 2.4%
2012 = 3.4%

Read more: Pakistan GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance

Well i read it, but the per capita growth for pakistan is close to null for last 4 years as the GDP growth is nearly equal to the population growth, so it might be possible for lahore/karachi to have even lesser per capita income than it was in 2010 as the population increases in big cities with rapid because of two factors, natural birth + rural to urban migrations.

GDP growth for pakistan:

2009 = 1.7%
2010 = 3.8%
2011 = 2.4%
2012 = 3.4%

Read more: Pakistan GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance

Tell me if you got the information about Lahore in specific.

Tell me if you got the information about Lahore in specific.

I don't think there is a much difference between the per capita income of lahore and karachi. The GDP of lahore was $13bn in 2010, even if we calculate the GDP change for last 2year considering the gdp growth of pakistan, which was around 3%, but still i am taking average 4% increase for two year, then lahore's gdp should be around $14.06bn for 2012.

Even if the population of lahore is 8million then:

$14.06bn/8mn = $1757

I don't think there is a much difference between the per capita income of lahore and karachi. The GDP of lahore was $13bn in 2010, even if we calculate the GDP change for last 2year considering the gdp growth of pakistan, which was around 3%, but still i am taking average 4% increase for two year, then lahore's gdp should be around $14.06bn for 2012.

Even if the population of lahore is 8million then:

$14.06bn/8mn = $1757

13 billion USD figures looks very low.

In 2008 GDP of Pakistan was about 166 bilion dollars now in 2012 it is 211 billion dollars.

In 2008 Lahore GDP was 40 billion PPP Can't say exactly about nominal but some reports say 13 billion dollars.

Also see this.

As of 2008, the city's gross domestic product (GDP) by purchasing power parity (PPP) was estimate was 40 billion$ with a projected average growth rate of 5.6 percent.As a whole Punjab has 115 billion$ economy making it first and till the date only Pakistani Subdivision of economy more than 100 billion$ at the rank 144 [55] This is at par with Pakistan's economic hub, Karachi, with Lahore (having half the population) fostering an economy that is 51% of the size of Karachi's ( billion in 2008).[55] The contribution of Lahore to the national economy is supposed to be around 13.2%.

Lahore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13 billion USD figures looks very low.

In 2008 GDP of Pakistan was about 166 bilion dollars now in 2012 it is 211 billion dollars.

In 2008 Lahore GDP was 40 billion PPP Can't say exactly about nominal but some reports say 13 billion dollars.

Also see this.

As of 2008, the city's gross domestic product (GDP) by purchasing power parity (PPP) was estimate was 40 billion$ with a projected average growth rate of 5.6 percent.As a whole Punjab has 115 billion$ economy making it first and till the date only Pakistani Subdivision of economy more than 100 billion$ at the rank 144 [55] This is at par with Pakistan's economic hub, Karachi, with Lahore (having half the population) fostering an economy that is 51% of the size of Karachi's ( billion in 2008).[55] The contribution of Lahore to the national economy is supposed to be around 13.2%.

Lahore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhaaijaan....dehli's per capita income(nominal) for year 2010 was $2,471.92. This is much higher than lahore/karachi.

If contribution of Lahore is still 13.2% then it means 27.8 billion dollar GDP nominal.

2527 USD GDP per capita.

I have had interaction with Pakistanis who have visited Delhi in the last two years. They state themselves that Delhi is miles ahead of any Pakistani city. I am happy to live with that. As far as the assertion that Pakistan's GDP has grown from $164 to $210 billion (28% increase); India's GDP has grown from $1.22 trillion to $1.85 trillion (51% increase). Clearly such arguments don't hold much ground!

Back
Top Bottom