What's new

Language can unite (Hindi - Urdu)

1. The truth is that SA people are highly spiritual, and religion plays the most vital role in politics, culture, and language and literature. Urdu, a great language and so rich has become a casualty of the Partition.

2. Urdu and Hindu are different. For instance, to hear Urdu see an old India movie. Gurmukhi and Punjabi of W Punjab are different. Benglai language in either Bengal is on a divergent course.

I have seen one indian movie...named "3 idiots"...if you call the language used in it as Hindi, then Iam afraid you are just naming Urdu as Hindi.
on the other hand if you have seen National Geography or Animal Planet, they speak what is Hindi... and I am sure like me, hardly anyone understands it.

3 idiots is not Urdu...at least not highly formal Urdu anyways ...most Bollywood films use the common dialect "hindustany" spoken by 90 % North Indians for daily purposes. A few Urdu words interspersed here and there doesn't make those films -Urdu language films.

And for pure Hindi or pure Urdu both spoken in India , you can just see the Indian news Channels -Hindi ones and Urdu ones. Formal dialect is mutually unintelligible to anyone brought up in either a pure Hindi or a pure Urdu environment.

Indian films are mixture of Hindu and urdu...there are words in urdu that many pakistanis think are originally urdu but they actually have roots in sanskrit..

Urdu isn't an ancient language . Tt consists of loan words from a number of languages like Turkish, Arabic, Sanskrit , Persian etc.

Like Hindi it is an evolved language which was standardized sometime during the Delhi Sultanate .

The thread title reminds me the song

Last edited by a moderator:
there are many words that have sanskrit origins like your country's name..
it has stan..which originated from sanskrit sthan which means place..

here are more words
Urdu/punjabi words from Sanskrit

thats interesting, so hindi the pure hindi is actually a baby language of Sanskrit and Urdu like the word itself explains is a mixture of oriental languages, essentially differentiating both, right from their origin.

3 idiots is not Urdu...at least not highly formal Urdu anyways ...most Bollywood films use the common dialect "hindustany" spoken by 90 % North Indians for daily purposes. A few Urdu words interspersed here and there doesn't make those films -Urdu language films.

And for pure Hindi or pure Urdu both spoken in India , you can just see the Indian news Channels -Hindi ones and Urdu ones. Formal dialect is mutually unintelligible to anyone brought up in either a pure Hindi or a pure Urdu environment.

okay, so that means I understand hindustani without any effort at all, and hindi is totally a different language, precisely not understood anywhere in Pakistan...

thats interesting, so hindi the pure hindi is actually a baby language of Sanskrit and Urdu like the word itself explains is a mixture of oriental languages, essentially differentiating both, right from their origin.

urdu is actually a sweet mix of farsi,arabic,sanskrit..

Your case is exceptional If you seen only one Indian movie. But I know in all over Pakistan most of people watch Hindi tv serials and movies, songs in their home and enjoy with their families. You can listen Hindi movies songs in your marriages and parties, people love to dance on that track. The Hindi movie songs is usually mixture of Hindi and Urdu words. If you go in every state of India you can find the Hindi accent and words will be change for example Gujarati mix there words, and if you hear Marathi people they speak Hindi in different ways, same as you can find Urdu in your different states of Pakistan. It's not big thing. The National Geography and any other channel also used Hindi language, it's not limited. In India we have many languages I think you know that. If you saw only one Hindi movie and may be few National or discovery channel, So its hard to understand the difference for people like you and it's hard for you to understand the Hindi language not for us, So leave it.

urdu is actually a sweet mix of farsi,arabic,sanskrit..

there was some indian movie, I forgot its name, I think it will be understandable in hindustani language, I see no difficulty in it. can you kindly let me know when its out ? it was about social issue, something to do with the caste quotas !

there was some indian movie, I forgot its name, I think it will be understandable in hindustani language, I see no difficulty in it. can you kindly let me know when its out ? it was about social issue, something to do with the caste quotas !

is it about to be released soon or yet to be released?

Big surprise here. Another pro-indian article written by an Urdu speaking Muhajir from Karachi.

If these ppl love india so much, then why dont they just return back to their motherland.

okay, so that means I understand hindustani without any effort at all, and hindi is totally a different language, precisely not understood anywhere in Pakistan...

Formal Hindi is quite different , words that you understood in Bollywood films are common , simple words . In formal Hindi like say Aaj Tak News channel you wont be able to recognize most of the words.

eg . They use words like Ahuti -- for sacrifice instead of commonly used Kurbani etc
Prapt for obtaining instead of Haasil
Mahoul for environment instead of Fiza
Sandesh for message instead of Paegam

etc

The latter words are all commonly used Hindustany words in Bollywood films ...

Back
Top Bottom