What's new

LCA back at Jamnagar for weapons trials

That's odd, what does this have to do with HAL? After all systems and airframe development both were done under ADA, HAL's just the systems integrator/manufacturer.

by hal i covered all the defence psu's in general

we cannot absorb anything yaar

tot means licence to assemble kits that are imported from oem(critical tech)
so we can buy components for our planes only,they will never tell us how to make them.

that we have to learn ourselves and we haven't even started properly

Yaar this is a process first assembly of components and then slowly manufacturing low end components,....... then designing and.........and then finally innovation. :cheers:

Yaar this is a process first assembly of components and then slowly manufacturing low end components,....... then designing and.........and then finally innovation. :cheers:

unfortunately we have been doing screwdriver job for like 40 years now
shameful

vnh7o9.jpg

LCA is a defender of Indian skies, In times of war we need more number of home grown cheaper fighter jets which can be deployed at shorter notice.

That's what we make out of it, in reality it never was meant to be a top notch fighter in Indian forces and the fact that we buy MKIs, FGFA, Rafales and want to develop AMCA shows, that low costs and high numbers were never important for India either.
The biggest importance was the project itself, not the fighter, since LCA was meant to be the base for any future fighter development. Be it in design, avionics, radar, or engine technology, we wanted it to be the start for everything, but we went too far and wanted too much at once. When we ignore pride as a factor and start doing things in a simpler way, we will succeed in future, when we keep overestimating things, we will see more failures.

such a beauty...cant wait to see them in action

vnh7o9.jpg

IA is very much worried about the whooping fuel cost for operating MKIs. We certainly need a low cost fighter which can relieve MKIs from day to day functions. Mk2 has all this qualities. It will be an aircraft with a very high acceleration, high speed, very decent payload, very decent range and very low RSC virtually impossible to detect from a distance of above 100 KM. With a A to A missile like Astra, it will prove be a very deadly fighter. MKI and MK2 combo and Rafale and MK2 combo will prove very deadly.

IA is very much worried about the whooping fuel cost for operating MKI.
OT:
I remember reading the IAF's annual fuel bill break-up,the aircraft that consume the most amount of fuel are the Su30 MKI (which consumes 7tonnes of fuel per hour! )and the An32.

we cannot absorb anything yaar

tot means licence to assemble kits that are imported from oem(critical tech)
so we can buy components for our planes only,they will never tell us how to make them.

that we have to learn ourselves and we haven't even started properly

Even if India get the TOT of any tech, it would still not be able to improve upon it. The reason is that India still would not have the experience of producing the technology. It would not gain the experience on why things came about for a certain purpose. As a result, all these years of technology transfer provide India only ability to produce the same material, component or system. But India still have not show ability to improve upon the technology.

In contrast, technology no one would transfer to India is what India excel at. India work hard to develop missile technology. Its working hard to build a nuclear sub. And it will be successful in these as India put the hard work on these areas.

So TOT actual hurt India than help India. 
Yes I agree with what you have written regarding HAL. That model of "every thing indigenous" failed because of various reasons one of them is tech. sanctions.

The engine tech has to do with metallurgy and efficiency, But the metal composition is one secret which no country wants to share as this tech is developed for years if not decades. But in Indian point of view, we have to buy this and absorb the tech and build from there to make those engines more advanced.

LCA is a defender of Indian skies, In times of war we need more number of home grown cheaper fighter jets which can be deployed at shorter notice. Reason why IAF is ready to induct LCA.

In my view LCA mark 2 will be a potent fighter with export potential. LCA will be upgraded to 4.5 or more, with the help from Russians and probably Dassault. There are lot of countries which will buy this fighter if India can speed up the process.

India should focus on basic research instead of acquiring TOT for materials. If it get TOT for materials, I double India would be able to improve upon it. But if it put efforts to produce the material without TOT, than it can gain the knowledge of producing something and improve upon what it had produced.

OT:
I remember reading the IAF's annual fuel bill break-up,the aircraft that consume the most amount of fuel are the Su30 MKI (which consumes 7tonnes of fuel per hour! )and the An32.

You are absolutely right. Some people forget the economy part of operation while they discuss. MK2 is going to be *** kicker. It will be a very low cost fighter with a very low operating cost. It will be more than match for any thing we have in our neighborhood except Su30 and above. We shall be able to accomplish some mission with MK2 which we can not do with SU30. e.g MKI were found ineffective in bombing on kargil height. MK2 will be a very special aircraft to be operated in high terrine. It will be a replacement of Mig 21, Mig 27, Jaguar and M2k to gather.With additional fuel, low drag, high "G" limits, >5 ton load carrying capability , low RSC, Low weight, AESA and missile like Astra, it is going to emerge as a pemium fighter in south Asia and able to defeat everything we have in neighborhood.

Last edited:
Yes I agree with what you have written regarding HAL. That model of "every thing indigenous" failed because of various reasons one of them is tech. sanctions.

The engine tech has to do with metallurgy and efficiency, But the metal composition is one secret which no country wants to share as this tech is developed for years if not decades. But in Indian point of view, we have to buy this and absorb the tech and build from there to make those engines more advanced.

LCA is a defender of Indian skies, In times of war we need more number of home grown cheaper fighter jets which can be deployed at shorter notice. Reason why IAF is ready to induct LCA.

In my view LCA mark 2 will be a potent fighter with export potential. LCA will be upgraded to 4.5 or more, with the help from Russians and probably Dassault. There are lot of countries which will buy this fighter if India can speed up the process.

Muahahahah :lol:

See guys, I see India in aviation technology in a threshold stage where we had been in Missile technology 5 years back. Lots and lots of promises but hardly anything in hand. You can see how the scenario challenged in a very short period of time. I foresee a same revolution in coming 5 years in India in aviation technology. You will see the best in the class Plane flying in Indian sky with a very high degree of indigenous stuff. AMCA is going to be a plane of class of its own so as LCA MK3.

Back
Top Bottom