What's new

LCA Navy Mark 2

Trisonics

BANNED
Reaction score
LCA Navy is back on track with a new design. Rumors say the wind tunnel testing is complete.
What a beauty!!!!

De5kAwHVQAAtOP7.jpg

The design looks beautiful and sleek and hopefully Mk2's dimensions are that of a medium fighter instead of being a light fighter.

I wish DRDO collaborates with Safran and develops the GTX Kaveri engine so that it would be the actual engine to be integrated onto the LCA Mk-2 during production phase

Not a new design. Just a concept that's thrown around very often on posters:
2nqxpqw.jpg

This is the old model that was wind tunnel tested:
EXihWcN.jpg

Yeah, we are so bad at copying that canards became LEVCONS.
LEVCONS are a combination of LERX and Canard or we can say movable LERX. It is a MOVING PIECE OF GEOMETRY, much like the canard, except it is hinged on the wings instead of the fuselage. There is gap between canard and main wing, while levcon is directly attached to the wing.

LEVCONS add ups the advantages of canards and LERX, while removes the disadvantages of canard (decoupling with the flow over the wings), having less Radar signature. Adjustable leading edge vortex controllers (LEVCONs) are designed to control vortices generated by the leading edge root extensions, and can provide trim and improve high angle of attack behaviour, including a quick stall recovery if the thrust vectoring system fails.

main-qimg-48dca535254c3b8addeb8157bfdb2599.webp

LEVCONS on PAK-FA

main-qimg-ab20a6381afe46f02cb45f424a07842c.webp

Naval LCA with LEVCONS

Not a new design. Just a concept that's thrown around very often on posters:
View attachment 480010

This is the old model that was wind tunnel tested:
View attachment 480011

Yes. You are right but this design has now been finalized, before it was just a render. The wind tunnel model you posted is of the LCA-airforce not the navy. It was in fact one of the earlier designs that was tested.
The rumor however, according to B_R is this particular design has been frozen and all wind tunnel testing for the model in the picture is complete. Things are moving briskly behind the scenes and getting very exciting.

Yes. You are right but this design has now been finalized, before it was just a render. The wind tunnel model you posted is of the LCA-airforce not the navy. It was in fact one of the earlier designs that was tested.
The rumor however, according to B_R is this particular design has been frozen and all wind tunnel testing for the model in the picture is complete. Things are moving briskly behind the scenes and getting very exciting.
As far as I know, LCA-AF never had levcons planned. You can see them on the model. It's Navy.

But AF did have an old model with canards.

As far as I know, LCA-AF never had levcons planned. You can see them on the model. It's Navy.

But AF did have an old model with canards.
We are talking of the Naval model here. See the posted picture and the title of this thread. You may have it confused.
The Air force model for MK 2 is rumored to have canards but we don't know if it will look like the Naval MK2.

We are talking of the Naval model here. See the posted picture and the title of this thread. You may have it confused.
The Air force model for MK 2 is rumored to have canards but we don't know if it will look like the Naval MK2.
No no.
They had tested canards for AF in the old days.
I'm just saying the one I posted is a Navy model, Mk2 if I'm right.

But it's old anyway and the new Mk2 is likely to resemble the one you posted. Not arguing on that.

But I do think these images are still very conceptual.

Waste of time,the engine thrust is too limited for carrier based operations.
Why not wait and procure something in the same class as F-110 or better still 117s ?
Yes it will mean complete overhaul but this thrust is too little.

Waste of time,the engine thrust is too limited for carrier based operations.
Why not wait and procure something in the same class as F-110 or better still 117s ?
Yes it will mean complete overhaul but this thrust is too little.
If they move the goal post to MCA like for air force, yes, it'll be underpowered.
Otherwise F414 is sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom