What's new

LCA Tejas Falls Short of Earlier Expectations

yes my family pays tax,my parents do pay tax to indian govt.i do contribute to indian tax collection.

The way LCA mk-1 has been going for past 30 yrs there is no doubt that IAF is gonna reject mk2 and amca too.first perfect mk 1 on time and deliver it rather than showing building castle like mk2,mca,amca in air. here u cant even perfect lca mk1 and wasting inordinate amount of money and time on it which is a criminal waste to the poor indian masses who in order to satisfy some egos of drdo scientists sacrifice its development money.its a cruel joke being played by drdo scientist/MOD on those poor masses.
hahaha Tax is paid by ur parents..:rofl:
are u kidding me..
Even i can say..
My parents are paying tax in US...
my uncle is paying tax in somali..
my aunt is paying tax in Zimbabwe..:rofl:
And do u have any crystal ball or any IAF personnel has said u that they will reject Mk2 and AMCA..
Claims without evidence or credible source...Anti-Indian
Such a pathetic post of urs.

Last edited:
yes my family pays tax,my parents do pay tax to indian govt.i do contribute to indian tax collection.

The way LCA mk-1 has been going for past 30 yrs there is no doubt that IAF is gonna reject mk2 and amca too.first perfect mk 1 on time and deliver it rather than showing building castle like mk2,mca,amca in air. here u cant even perfect lca mk1 and wasting inordinate amount of money and time on it which is a criminal waste to the poor indian masses who in order to satisfy some egos of drdo scientists sacrifice its development money.its a cruel joke being played by drdo scientist/MOD on those poor masses.

Agreed with the bolded part. If only we all protested on things that affect us on a daily basis. Tejas is built from our money so are the roads, brides, toilets...which affect us on a daily basis. How happy are you with these?. Criticism is needed so is accountability but instead of blindly reading the article and getting upset you should read about the project a little bit more. I'm with you in most of what you said but sometimes there is no harm in finding out what is on the other side of the coin

I think IAF is being unfair in saying that they want tejas as good as rafale cause its our first attempt at a 4.5 gen Aircraft and its damn good in payload and speed, features like glass cockpit and engine re-igniter safely capability

Tejas_inverted_pass.jpg

I think IAF is being unfair in saying that they want tejas as good as rafale cause its our first attempt at a 4.5 gen Aircraft and its damn good in payload and speed, features like glass cockpit and engine re-igniter safely capability

A little catch 22 here...you know that you have 2 potential nuclear capable adversary in the region, you know that you are short of sanctioned squadrons and you very well know that you have money to by latest and greatest...yet you choose something which is not the best out there just to give boost to indigenous product....now the question is what to follow??? Tejas is not the best fighter out there but can it do justice to the job profile it is going to be given??? I will say Yes but then i very know that my air-force know what is best for them...

Hi, I would not call the LCA a failure. It might not be up to the standards right now, but it will be. I think India has done a great job developing a lot of critical technologies in house, and should be proud of this achievement. Yes, it might be underpowered, and miss some specs, but V2 should rectify this. The PAF was lucky in the sense, it simply got China to develop the JF-17 for it. The F414 engine is a powerful engine and will go a long way in increasing the thurst-to-weight ratio of the LCA.

These technologies are very advanced and take time to develop. Look at how delayed the A380 and Dreamliner are, and these are being developed by aerospace giants Airbus and Boeing respectively. Take care.

Hi, also please recall the JF-17 went through a thorough redesign after the initial prototype flew. It had its wings, tail, front fuselage, and inlets redesigned. These things happen, and one simply cannot stop trying, but rather keep going and learn fromt the past. Look at all the X-wing programs in the 60's the USA had, testing new technologies, a lot of them failed, but the USA learned from them. Take care.

Dear Ajtr have you ever thought any modern gizmos are created. Developing advanced technologies is a evolutionary process. It takes time money and countless failure to make the final product. If sarabai thought we it is waste of money to do space research we will not be launching pslv,s and gslvs now. Just read WINGS OF FIRE you will know how difficult it is develop advances technology products.
DO you think NASA, European space agency, Russian space agency produces all high funda things overnight. Do you know how many failures they encountered? .
to learn a language you have to start with alphabets first only at the end you can go and write poetary. While learning you may make mistakes those mistakes are the stepping stones.
Whether LCA is failure or success it has created a database for future reference. Tomorrow we don’t need reinvent the wheel since we would have already done it in many different was.

If you are challenge for a poll only in India, not the bs forums... Can we continue or Not... B'cos we are Democracy Man..!!!

I surely bet you cant get 1% of votes regards...

and plz come behind the Other flag...for this:hang2:

On topic:

HF LCA is not only produced to serve in IAF or other wings... Its purely developed for the capability development for the future... now India have a full test range for fighter's... except the Flight Engine & EW test...

But Ground Test for Engines avl. and in 2-3 years the EW test center also built...:cheers:

vidunga trichi. ella orulayum idumadiri pessimist irupanga. school padikira paiyan.

If India gives up at this stage the indigenious efforts will suffer a tremendous blow. I would suggest the Indian government to keep at it regardless of whether specs are met. A country that wishes to become a major world player can not depend on imported arms for ever and India must do whatever she could to break the habit.

If India gives up at this stage the indigenious efforts will suffer a tremendous blow. I would suggest the Indian government to keep at it regardless of whether specs are met. A country that wishes to become a major world player can not depend on imported arms for ever and India must do whatever she could to break the habit.

so very true. and today only goi approved a $2 billion investment for thrdevelopment of 5 gen combat planne

I don't know what is HF but if it is same as TEJA aka LCA than i believe the positive side of this venture remain..... India learned about what went wrong and perhaps will never repeat the mistake.

I hope the members and insiders can point out what lesson was learned from failure of TEJA-LCA.

P.S.: when i say 'failure' it includes, over shooting in budget and time schedule in addition to failing in meeting the design parameters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom