What's new

LCA Tejas would meet our requirements: Indian Air Force chief

DO you know anything about naval tejas? it is 1.5 meter longer than current Tejas and shall have a 118 KN engine. Newer version of jejas shall be significantly bigger and have much more powerful engine. They shall be in F 16 and gripen NG class.

Might be but still can't be used by IAF. who needs new fighters... and Navy is not going to use Tjas as their front line fighter. Vikrant will have mix of Migs and Tejas, Migs will be given priority on the carrier, and on shore based Naval Tajas might joining with the maritime strike fighters and migs as well or act alone

Read the article on PDF yesterday. They are telling that they may reduce the weight of LCA further by 800 KG. This is very significnt. Withi some improvement in our reach whithing couple of years, We can make LCA a plane which can carry 4.5 tons of weight, AESA, EW and more internal fuel etc along with aerodynamic improvement.

Might be but still can't be used by IAF. who needs new fighters... and Navy is not going to use Tjas as their front line fighter. Vikrant will have mix of Migs and Tejas, Migs will be given priority on the carrier, and on shore based Naval Tajas might joining with the maritime strike fighters and migs as well or act alone

With some improved agility and addition of EW and AESA, Naval Tejas shall be a highly potent platform of GRIPEN NG class. which shall carry a huge load. with a very low fuel consumption.

Read the article on PDF yesterday. They are telling that they may reduce the weight of LCA further by 800 KG. This is very significnt. Withi some improvement in our reach whithing couple of years, We can make LCA a plane which can carry 4.5 tons of weight, AESA, EW and more internal fuel etc along with aerodynamic improvement.

With some improved agility and addition of EW and AESA, Naval Tejas shall be a highly potent platform of GRIPEN NG class. which shall carry a huge load. with a very low fuel consumption.

Dude, First don't ever Trust somethig coming out of These guy's mouth, they've been saying this and that for a long time but non have been done so far. now again the FOC is pushed for another year only God knows (if exist) if Tajas would get FOC in next year.

Maybe can beat Grippen NG but not defiantly the Rafael or EF. that's why Grippen didn't get the chance in MMRCA

Certainly they can not beat but certainly it can be in the class of MMRCA like NG and F16.

Grippen Yes but i don't know about F-16 man... AESA is an added advantage ut still highly doubt if it come close to f-16, besides i don't know what kind of EW suit will be used in Tejas.

Grippen Yes but i don't know about F-16 man... AESA is an added advantage ut still highly doubt if it come close to f-16, besides i don't know what kind of EW suit will be used in Tejas.

It shall be an Indo Israel collaboration and shall be very good. It is in testing on PV 1. Electronics come and go. What is important is basic platform. That is why when I heard that weight shall be reduced or agility will be improved or some other flight parameters are improved, it give a great pleasure.

for once i don't know why some are comparing Gripen NG as a MMRCA (yes the wikipedia link says so but if you look at its capacities it hardly meets the definition og MMRCA from IAF standards). It is not a MMRCA. period.

Yes it was offered and it was rejected. Why ? because its analogous to offering a automatic hand gun where where the requirement is of an Assault rifle.
The development of Tejas (MK 1) the one flying right now with IOC, was simply for replacing the Mig 21 in its role. The future developments of Tejas will meet different requirements but fundamentally it will remain a defense platform. Not a MMRCA nor a Air Superiority fighter.

Only if significant changes are carried out in air frame, avionics and its FBW controls, perhaps only then. but that would be like development of a new platform on learning from Tejas.

what about the capability ?? that's what more important

and tejas can never be replacement for mmrca
It depends on what role it is assigned. Assume you are going to use it as a point defence interceptor. Your have ground radar, awacs and other fighters in the air. These will take off launch missiles and get back. For CAS, they will provide the bomb run in numbers, while other aircraft provide the air superiority role. Now, can the other planes do this. Of course, they can but at increased costs.

Also, remember the time taken to start a twin engine and take off for intercept is more than the time taken for a single engine. This was something I heard, members with more knowledge on this can answer @Oscar @Windjammer @MilSpec

n Thursday was optimistic that the jet, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) would would meet requirements of the force.

Very good to hear DRDO developed LCA Tejas

someone plijj confirm It's IAF Raha or some other Raha from OFB or BEL

It's quite obvious IAF love rafale and not so with tejas..

Why can't they see at the price of tejas, they can raise the squadron numbers..:mad:
And their love for rafale and videshi maal is quite understandable. And plz dude dont compare royal jets like rafale with lca.

LCA Tejas would meet our requirements: Indian Air Force chief

Thursday, August 13, 2015

By : Business Standard

Pinning hope on India's indigenous Tejas light combat aircraft, the Indian Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha, on Thursday was optimistic that the jet, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) would would meet requirements of the force.
1_img113815231958.jpg

"It may not be best in the world but obviously it will meet some of our requirements,"

Defence News - LCA Tejas would meet our requirements: Indian Air Force chief
Clearly showing his confidence and satisfaction with LCA.

Every body know that. How ever later versions of LCA (It will no more be LCA then) shall be in the league of MMRCA like Gripen NG.
I like your confidence dude. I wish i could agree with you in 2030 when lca mark2 will be waiting for its FOC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom