What's new

Leio's PLA military photos (kinds of military equipments)

New medium-size high-mobility 122mm vehicle-mounted howitzers

Winner :enjoy:

Loser(CS/SH4 for overseas export) :cry::D

This picture is showing a heavily misinformed cost-analysis of individual PLA soldier's equipment. I recall this picture being circulated a couple of years back, where an article was comparing this outfit to the 17,000 dollar US military personnel cost. These cost comparisons are poor for one reason : do you think PLA troops would fight an actual war with that little personnel equipment? The picture above is showing the typical solider outfit in a typical training exercise ... not in combat. Meanwhile, the United States $17,000 cost is from a fully equipped active-duty personnel in Afghanistan. For a good glimpse of PLA personnel outfits in combat, search up the Chinese UN contingent.
1120510716_14877440283511n.jpg

c03fd54aba17160479df22.jpg

Know our army has equipped this for the first time:o:
View attachment 643036
Quote from Chinese Military Aviation:-
This light utility helicopter entered the service with the Army Aviation in late 2005 for primary training. It is basically an EC-120 co-developed by China, France and Singapore in the mid-90s and manufactured by HAIC.

Some specifications: max TO weight 1,715kg, max cruise speed 237km/hr, range 771km, hover ceiling 5,151m. It is powered by a Turbomeca Arrius 2F turboshaft engine rated at 335kW. The helicopter also uses composite materials extensively.

Initial batch of 8 HC-120s were delivered to Army Aviation Training School by the end of 2005 (S/N LH9073xx). Currently around 34 are in service. HC-120 has replaced the aging SA-316 fleet to train new pilots for the Army Aviation.

Great find ... by the way any info on @cnleio? He was last seen active here in February 2018! o_O
I recall @cnleio cuz when I just joined PDF, he was actively posting at that time along with @cirr, those I am quite familiar with the two heavy nicks. I saw @cirr's last presence above, early 2019.

Also missed @BigBoy (!?) , a heavy poster back then (if I write the nick correctly). What a memory, flash back to several years ago :woot: :coffee:

A video of HJ-10 (ground-launched anti-tank missile developed by NORINCO)

Chinese Army's optical fiber wired guided anti-tank missile HJ-10 company.

A rare image of a command vehicle (left) and an observation vehicle (second from left).

Whether the observation vehicle is optical or radar...
(which is replied by OP as “There seems to be both”)

炮兵营反坦克导弹连:
指挥车 侦察车 发射车

Anti-tank missile company of artillery battalion:
Command vehicle; reconnaissance vehicle; launch vehicles

HJ-10 company.jpeg

2020.07.05:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom