What's new

Let's not be in fool's paradise: India can't condemn Israel

I think india established relations with PLO just to please the Arab world for purely economic reasons, not for any civil, human rights thing cause india itself is a mojor human rights violator.

everybody does things best suited for them in most cases. do you hear a peep from china for example against the conflict? You guys take aid from Arabs in return allow them to build madarasa's. You allow drones in return for your military getting aid. so each to it's own. But the question lies what is really a harmful outlook vs a nuanced , yet harmless stance. You see arabs want the Indian market too...

me no- I believe it you have to pay your dues for the crime you commit - if it proved as a crime in a court of law. I'm a hardened american :D
Then perhaps we do share a lot in common.

You might be interested that almost all Jews, regardless of denomination, feel that one cannot forgive someone else for a crime he committed against a third party, whereas a sizable number of Christians - especially the clergy - are willing to forgive the transgressor.

That's one reason why Israel, today, feels it has to trust in itself: because Israel suspects that if Israel is destroyed, the perpetrators won't be punished, and the prospective perpetrators - Iranians, Palestinians, whatnot - know this.

there is no need to condemn Israel, it is surrounded by whacko arab states who openly proclaim on erasing jewish existence. There has never been any condemnation on 65,71,kargil,kashmir militance from hamas/hizbulla/palestenians/ or the Arab world. We need to stop appeasing muslim votebanks by showing any solidarity to palestenians.

Israel has been a trusted and valued partner and ally, we need to take sides, now! Infact we need to learn the term "Retaliation" from Tel-Aviv

I think india established relations with PLO just to please the Arab world for purely economic reasons, not for any civil, human rights thing cause india itself is a mojor human rights violator.

Atleast we didn't kill any palestinians, Do you remember how many your zia ul haq and co. killed in black september on Jordanian payrolls.

lol at indians hating arabs, in i've been to oman, saudi and uae - guess what i saw? Indians!

we are staying away from this whole matters, not like Pakistanis who sent their retired soldiers to massacre Shias in Bahrain. You people sounds funny when you talk such things.

India and Israel's relationship is based on common interests and shared threats not to mention people-people relations. India's relations with the ME is based on economic ties and (to a small degree) religious sentiments. Both are important to India and India is one of the few countries that has been able to straddle the fine line of friendship with both successfully. But it has to be said on an ideological level India will always be with Israel even if it doesn't say it pubically-and why should it?

It was probably a mistake for India to ever open up relations with the PLO, as its charter is based on nullifying international law and treaties to support violence and conquest. Why, if you're supporting the PLO abroad, shouldn't you act the same way to support the causes you like at home?

People in India have no idea about PLO or their motives, most of us only read about Yasir Arafat.

People in India have no idea about PLO or their motives, most of us only read about Yasir Arafat.
Why do you focus on one person to judge the merits of the cause he or she espouses? And what do you know about Arafat? Do you learn that he was one of the most crafty and deceitful persons in the twentieth century, or is he portrayed as some sort of hero, or both?

India must neither condemn the Israeli counter offensive nor openly support Israel ... Ideologically we will always remain close to Israel ... they r our undeclared ally ...

But which ever a&&hole tries to take rally & protest march in Indian against Israeli attack should be dealt by giving them some A$$ wooping ... common people in India has not matured enough to make opinion on foreign matter ... as in this case they will always keep their religion above National interest...

so crack down where ever they show up...

Stop the bloodshed, but kill all the terrorists...everybody would be happy

Why do you focus on one person to judge the merits of the cause he or she espouses? And what do you know about Arafat? Do you learn that he was one of the most crafty and deceitful persons in the twentieth century, or is he portrayed as some sort of hero, or both?

Arafat is made to look like a champion of peace here in India.
Not sure if you are getting the point being made by some of the Indians here. Many of us Indians dont give a hoot about Palestine or its cause. As a nation, we are too weak, to take a moral stand and support Israel right to defend itself. Instead we provide lip service to Arafat to please Muslim states, all the while this very muslim states have never supported us on Kashmir.

I dont believe, we as a country ever gonna have the balls to standup and call a spade a spade. Why, we have already forgotten the dead of Mumbai massacre and Mumbai serial blasts.

What more can you expect from us ... A state without courage.

First off, much of the contact in the article is ridiculous incorrect
Jerusalem, not Tel-Aviv, is the capital of the Jewish nation. This is where anyone who supports Israel stops taking such an article seriously.

People like to complicate things and diplomatically correct phrasing but the situation is quite simple:
Israel is fighting 2 terrorist orginizations. 1st is the honest terrorist orginization, Hamas, and the 2nd is PLO which glorifies terrorism and perpetuates the Arab hatred for Israel(These are the "peaceful" Arabs). One is in an armed war with Israel and the other is in a political war with Israel.

India supporting either of them is equivalent to Israel supporting LeT, LeJ or the Maoist terrorists.

Let there be no doubt that supporting the enemies of Israel politcally or verbally encourages them and gives them legitamacy to continue their terrorism.

And you thinking GCC is an enemy of Israel?

I am talking about the realpolitik here. Israel will do what it wants to do regardless of Indian stance.

I am aware of real loving the GCC have about the Palestinians, nevertheless, there is a lip service the GCC monarchs will have to do just to keep the general population happy.

Back
Top Bottom