What's new

Lexus IS200t 2017

And you should seriously consider an suv if you have a kid. Although in this market, if you can avoid buying a car you should. Wait till next year and prices will be normal again.
No kids, that would be a long wait, plus I need a second car for my wife anyway.

I got the rx 350. Never looked back. Nothing beats a lexus.

Rich people drive bmw's, audi's, porsche's and mercedes. Wealthy people drive lexus.
Porsche is my ultimate Dream car :smitten:

No kids, that would be a long wait, plus I need a second car for my wife anyway.

Lexus and Toyota have the best resale values. That way you can change cars every few years down the road. Parts are cheap and maintence is rarely necessary. Change oil, change tires, change battery and that's it. Who wants to get bogged down with going to mechanics?

Go for a v6 camry or lexus is 200t or 250.

Lexus and Toyota have the best resale values. That way you can change cars every few years down the road. Parts are cheap and maintence is rarely necessary. Who wants to get bogged down with going to mechanics?

Go for a v6 camry or lexus is 200t or 250.
So far I am set to get this Lexus IS 200t F-sport, its falling within my budget and payments, I can keep this car for a couple of years before changing it or just giving it to my wife when she wants. But just to be sure its good to get a car which has decent resale value.

...this country side is taking a heavy toll on me, I so far came across deer's, Wild boars, Possums, Raccoons , armadillo's, skunks , Goats, Cats, Dogs and even a freaking Chicken...
I hit two deers on my '10 Grand Cherokee. After the 2nd hit, I sold it to a guy who wanted to turn it into a Moab rock crawler. I also had an '89 Toyota P/U with the legendary 22RE motor and the only thing I changed was the timing chain (not belt). This truck and the FJ were my off road vehicles. I sold the P/U to a work friend when I moved back East. When I was newly assigned to the F-111 and stationed at Cannon AFB in New Mexico, I used to ride an H/D Sportster west to Albuquerque and east to Amarillo/Lubbock in Texas and several times I nearly wrecked because I ran over huge rattlesnakes. I also ran over huge tarantulas but they were just minor bumps.

I feel the mpg when i was visiting Tampa, and I will be going there soon again, but you are right in a city from home-work, work-home won't make much difference, I wonder if the Gas prices will come down soon, right now even a hybrid feels expensive.

Yep its Turbo, wait I can show you the car I am trying to get...
That is a nice car. If the price is right I do not think the 4 mpg difference will matter much, and I believe the gas price will come down, not because of tapping the strategic reserves but because the oil companies will start drilling domestically. But I believe that over 30 mpg, any brand will do fine in the city and occasionally on the interstate.

So far I am set to get this Lexus IS 200t F-sport, its falling within my budget and payments, I can keep this car for a couple of years before changing it or just giving it to my wife when she wants. But just to be sure its good to get a car which has decent resale value.

It has good resale value. Think about how much you're paying for it. Bluebook is 27k with 60-70k mileage. With 500 dollar maintence costs annually, it's a good deal. Although in this current market, you will be inevitably losing money in a few years as prices of used cars are set to come down, but that comes with the territory of owning any car. New or used.

I hit two deers on my '10 Grand Cherokee. After the 2nd hit, I sold it to a guy who wanted to turn it into a Moab rock crawler. I also had an '89 Toyota P/U with the legendary 22RE motor and the only thing I changed was the timing chain (not belt). This truck and the FJ were my off road vehicles. I sold the P/U to a work friend when I moved back East. When I was newly assigned to the F-111 and stationed at Cannon AFB in New Mexico, I used to ride an H/D Sportster west to Albuquerque and east to Amarillo/Lubbock in Texas and several times I nearly wrecked because I ran over huge rattlesnakes. I also ran over huge tarantulas but they were just minor bumps.
My brother/father in law both have trucks and even they felt the deer hits, I mean sedan's has no chance against a decent size deer at a 50-60mph, it can even roll over from the front window into the car, i heard stories of that as well. We have those black medium size snakes with yellow stripes but they are not poisonous I think and they eat rat's and spiders. Saw one time a dead on the road. But moving to Florida bugs and insects is one of my major concerns.

That is a nice car. If the price is right I do not think the 4 mpg difference will matter much, and I believe the gas price will come down, not because of tapping the strategic reserves but because the oil companies will start drilling domestically. But I believe that over 30 mpg, any brand will do fine in the city and occasionally on the interstate.
I heard that to, Biden did give permission to dig domestically using the American reserves, so lets see how long does it take. But yes the car is nice with less Miles on it, so it could be a decent car for next couple of years.

It has good resale value. Think about how much you're paying for it. Bluebook is 27k with 60-70k mileage. With 500 dollar maintence costs annually, it's a good deal. Although in this current market, you will be inevitably losing money in a few years as prices of used cars are set to come down, but that comes with the territory of owning any car. New or used.
Cars has everything I am looking for, including heated/cooling seats, blind spots monitors and lane departure warnings. Best option in my opinion is, Distance-Pacing Cruise Control.

Drove my cousins RAV in Atlanta, its a smooth car but base version is very manual, even the seats were manual... Camry 2021 XSE what a beauty, and the moon roof on it makes it so sexy :D
You had Sienna ? do you have a large family ? mini vans are a headache to park specially in large cities.
Two kids
Sienna is the car if you have kids there are no two opinions
Automatic doors and kids can self load with unlimited luggage space
They arent that bad to park

I didnt found a difference exceot for may be in tight space where u have to parallel park

Two kids
Sienna is the car if you have kids there are no two opinions
Automatic doors and kids can self load with unlimited luggage space
They arent that bad to park
On my visit to DC and NY central park, every in city parking couldn't fit in the sienna, had to go to those paid parking building and their prices were ridiculously high.

My family currently owns a blue 2020 Kia Sportage, and I have to say that it is an utter legend of a car. Never broken down, cheap to run (relatively) economically, etc.

My father is looking to buy a Kia stinger (mid life crisis moment) to take the family around whilst also looking cool

Dream car has definitely got to be the Lotus Evora for me

5 Months ago I bought a car after my first Accord 2014 was hit by deer and got totaled, it was a Infiniti Q50 Hybrid 2015 which is pretty nice, I like it and it runs great and very good on gas because of it been Hybrid, but since I hit another deer some 2 months ago, I was thinking of changing the car and I came across Lexus IS200t 2017, I am fan of Lexus and it was my first choice but because of no credit I couldn't get it, but now I can get one after trading my car, I was wondering if anyone here have own a Lexus ? and if anyone can give me some personal suggestions regarding Lexus, I did some research online and it seems like a nice car with some great features, so far the only Con that bother me is its Mileage which is around 21 MPG for city and around 30 MPG for highway, my Infiniti give me around 34 MPG overall which is pretty good given the fact the Gas prices is high right now, do you think Lexus would be a good trade ?

@MastanKhan @PakFactor @ghazi52 @ziaulislam @waz @SQ8 @gambit @Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor @Meengla @KAL-EL
You cannot go wrong with lexus. Even i don't have lexus but when it comes to reliability, resale, quality and durability Nothing can beat lexus. Check the consumer reports. You want to sell it after 5 years it ll still make money for you and it hold its value.
Why lexus and toyota is so successful the reason is they don't change the systems that are working fine and just for technology sake change it . They would only do it when it's mature enough and it went under years of testing. Toyota automatic traditional transmission are bullet proof and will last longer than the car itself.
Anyone that tells you toyota and lexus cars are the same . No they are not yes toyota motor company owns and make lexus but the build quality and material is very different. Its like saying Audi and VW is the same. Sit in one and touch around the interior you ll notice the difference. The leather quality is different and so on. Yes they do share some parts but that depends on what you get.
If the price is right get it but the IS is a small car.

But moving to Florida bugs and insects is one of my major concerns.
Your desired IS have a sunroof. If you drive during the lovebug season with the sunroof opened, the lovebugs will ride the aero current into your laps. I found that out when I was transferred to the F-16 and stationed at MacDill and drove an '86 IROC-Z Camaro with T-tops. At city blocks speed, nothing happened, but when on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge the lovebugs just started pouring in. My G/F started screaming then threw a towel over herself. I could not stop on the bridge so I had to suffer the lovebugs all the way to the other side. The car's interior was a gross mess.

Your desired IS have a sunroof. If you drive during the lovebug season with the sunroof opened, the lovebugs will ride the aero current into your laps. I found that out when I was transferred to the F-16 and stationed at MacDill and drove an '86 IROC-Z Camaro with T-tops. At city blocks speed, nothing happened, but when on the Sunshine Skyway Bridge the lovebugs just started pouring in. My G/F started screaming then threw a towel over herself. I could not stop on the bridge so I had to suffer the lovebugs all the way to the other side. The car's interior was a gross mess.
Oh hell nah, I ain't opening the sunroof, with or without love bugs season. I am to chicken to tolerate bugs specially the flying one inside the car. Do you know which season they appear ? I mean what time of the year they show up ?

Oh hell nah, I ain't opening the sunroof, with or without love bugs season. I am to chicken to tolerate bugs specially the flying one inside the car. Do you know which season they appear ? I mean what time of the year they show up ?
Spring to Fall or Apr to Sept. Pretty much 1/2 of the yr.

Lexus is the best brand by far. However, with gas prices going through the roof I would recommend a hybrid. Get a new Toyota Camry Hybrid (40+ MPG) and you’ll be thanking me for years to come.

5 Months ago I bought a car after my first Accord 2014 was hit by deer and got totaled, it was a Infiniti Q50 Hybrid 2015 which is pretty nice, I like it and it runs great and very good on gas because of it been Hybrid, but since I hit another deer some 2 months ago, I was thinking of changing the car and I came across Lexus IS200t 2017, I am fan of Lexus and it was my first choice but because of no credit I couldn't get it, but now I can get one after trading my car, I was wondering if anyone here have own a Lexus ? and if anyone can give me some personal suggestions regarding Lexus, I did some research online and it seems like a nice car with some great features, so far the only Con that bother me is its Mileage which is around 21 MPG for city and around 30 MPG for highway, my Infiniti give me around 34 MPG overall which is pretty good given the fact the Gas prices is high right now, do you think Lexus would be a good trade ?

@MastanKhan @PakFactor @ghazi52 @ziaulislam @waz @SQ8 @gambit @Hamartia Antidote @F-22Raptor @Meengla @KAL-EL
Lexus is the number one choice of Saudis. Its a beautiful, reliable and sporty car. Go for it

Back
Top Bottom