What's new

London Olympic 2012-discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more frustrating to see Satosi Shimju (japan) going to next round in 56 kg boxing. He was trashed by Thapa in Asian qualifier semi-final and got the last quota as Thapa went on to win gold. Hope Thapa will utilise this experience. And Vijender's win will definitely give the courage to other boxers- there are few more kids in the block.

Spain is nothing for us. Main threat in the field hockey is Germany, Australia and Netherland.

Dude dont make such big claim. Spain is strong team if we consider the recent performances of Pakistani hockey team where we even lost the warm up matches against team like Belgium. I wish our glory in hockey come back which we have been lost long time ago

Medal count
http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/
Medal tableCountry ● ● ● Total
1 China (CHN) 4 0 2 6
2 Italy (ITA) 2 2 1 5
3 United States (USA) 1 2 2 5
4 Brazil (BRA) 1 1 1 3
South Korea (KOR) 1 1 1 3
6 Australia (AUS) 1 0 0 1
Kazakhstan (KAZ) 1 0 0 1
Russia (RUS) 1 0 0 1
9 Japan (JPN) 0 2 1 3
10 Colombia (COL) 0 1 0 1
Netherlands (NED) 0 1 0 1
Poland (POL) 0 1 0 1
Romania (ROU) 0 1 0 1
14 Belgium (BEL) 0 0 1 1
Hungary (HUN) 0 0 1 1
Norway (NOR) 0 0 1 1
North Korea (PRK) 0 0 1 1
Serbia (SRB) 0 0 1 1
Uzbekistan (UZB) 0 0 1 1
Total 12 12 14 38

Kazakhstan and Brazil also got one golden, great

You are right about the mindset of not taking Athletics seriously in India...But india doesn't have good infrastructural for nurturing raw talent from haryana, punjab etc....Our Athletes are infact doing a great job under the circumstances they get trained in...

In boxing we do have world class facilities and some very good coaches..Thats because of the media attention boxing got when Indian boxers started winning on world stage...

there are 10 athletes competing from northeast india,the region with one of the worst infrastructures.

Bro, let the Hindu say acid words, then do nothing.
let's celebrate for china, for asia!!!:cheers::chilli:

dont hide behind chinese flags you pakistani coz' chinese know that if they insult our religion ,they will insult their own too coz' buddhism evolved from hinduism!! so shut up idiot!

and only pak!s talk about hindu hindu......

China is a communist country with a homogenous ethnic group, Han Chinese and thus they can be easily ordered to perform from a young age while the Communist Party sets stringent goals which need to be met.

On the other hand, India is a chaotic mess with so many ethnic groups and in-fighting. India can never be controlled or as organized as China and thus India will never improve in Athletics.

so in short you are saying atheletes in China are forced to take up this profession? my point was not about power of a control freak regime, but about the mind set of indian which mostly dont care about any thing except Cricket.

Following is the updated FIH rankings for Men's hockey.

Pakistan is at 8th number after New Zealand.Followed by Argentina and India.Rankings were revised on November 1, 2011 and after that the performance graph of team Pakistan still kept on falling.

FireShotScreenCapture045-WorldRanking-InternationalHockeyFederation-www_fih_ch_en_fih_events_worldranking.jpg

There will'be a great battle for the final four spots.It's hard to fancy any chances for a medal.
Englishmen will be playing in front of the home crowd.
Our defence have always struggled against Spanish forwards.They keep their cool till the end and Pakistani side always gets panicky in the end.Hope they don't repeat the history.All the best to them.

and the olympic flame cant be seen from outside the stadium.....
Its too low...

all the best to asian athletes....I expect japan and china to do good as always....I also wish other teams and ofcourse India which look much better this time..so i expect them to win few more medals and improve their overall rankings.

India will get around 5 to 7 medals for sure.... (minimum). 2 in boxing (vijendar and mary kom), 1 in wrestling (sushil kumar), 2 in shooting, 1 in badminton (saina), 1 in disc throwing. Anything above will be bonus.... But watch out MMRCA effects.... Brits already playing games with india. The lady in red in olympic inside indian team was a setup.... i have heard indian team not even getting shampoo and soap. They been disturbed by the brits.... So anything above 5 to 7 medals will be bonus....

^^^ i would not to count on disc..maye be ur talking about krishna punia...I think the klevel of competition is much higher at olympics...but yes we do have a chance there...u forgot archery and tennis. we have a bright chance there with deepika kumari and atleast in mixed doubles with paes and sania

@mirza punia has more chance then kumari and sania, paes.... kumari indeed world no.1 but still she came 8th at first day and thats not good.... While punia has adge.... She strongest and tallest. She will have big chance of winning medal....

It would be interesting to see who tops the medal table, U.S or China. U.S & China will play hide & seek till very end of the games. even though western media has projected U.S as topper in Olympics [for obvious reasons] but i still think it would not be easy for U.S to clinch top spot.

Everything i have read predicts China as number 1 but assumptions are nice.

Australia has 1 gold so far. Go Aus, hopefully a top 6 finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom