What's new

Low cost ventilator - Indigenous production - Covid-19

That's a bloody good ventilator Jim.

Is zafar mirza sahib watching this??

What's stopping industrial production of this? Cost is like under 1000$ according to the video.
Yaar setting up a plant for mass production in a short time is an astronomical job.

Government can do it, but I don't know if there's a will as of now.

Yaar setting up a plant for mass production in a short time is an astronomical job.

Reconfigure available electronics plants or any place that makes air conditioners.

In UK, vacuum cleaner producers and motorsports engineering centres are being reworked for ventilators.

Any such options in Pakistan?

This guy's design is not that complex looking to my non-engineering eye.

Reconfigure available electronics plants or any place that makes air conditioners.

In UK, vacuum cleaner producers and motorsports engineering centres are being reworked for ventilators.

Any such options in Pakistan?

This guy's design is not that complex looking to my non-engineering eye.
As I said, there's no instruction /requirement coming from the government. Either the government doesn't trust local talent or whatever.

Machine tool factory in Karachi could've taken up the job, but it closed its operations in the last government.

Maybe, ordinance factory can take it up.

From private industries, I have no expectation.

You don't setup a new plant you repurpose a part of
Your existing facility for such a simple design it requires a bit of ingenuity though ?

You don't setup a new plant you repurpose a part of
Your existing facility for such a simple design it requires a bit of ingenuity though ?
It will require some sort of testing and certification.. I don't know how much time it will take.

Then the workforce will require training in producing this critical instrument beside reconfiguring the existing equipment to make the ventilators from scratch in a short period of time.

The rate of spread in Pakistan suggests that time is not with us. If 3% patients require ventilation support, in a couple of weeks time, we will be requiring many many ventilators to support patients. However, there's no harm in initiating the project.. If the product gets certification from Engineering council and Pakistan Medical Council, we may export the product to other countries where the disease has just started to spread.

It will require some sort of testing and certification.. I don't know how much time it will take.

Then the workforce will require training in producing this critical instrument beside reconfiguring the existing equipment to make the ventilators from scratch in a short period of time.

The rate of spread in Pakistan suggests that time is not with us. If 3% patients require ventilation support, in a couple of weeks time, we will be requiring many many ventilators to support patients. However, there's no harm in initiating the project.. If the product gets certification from Engineering council and Pakistan Medical Council, we may export the product to other countries where the disease has just started to spread.
God forbid you can be right but the design looks like an Ak 47's so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the best.

God forbid you can be right but the design looks like an Ak 47's so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the best.
If Corona really required AK 47, our KPK alone would've fulfilled demand of the entire world. :D

for god sake people.. anyone going to a ventilator has hardly 20% chances to recover and get off it.

Testing! Testing! Testing!
We need testing at this point not ventilators.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom